ResIpsaLoquitur

Polybag Availability Thread

Does anybody have any interest in a Polybag availability thread? Over on the General discussion thread, we were discussing how polys are a...ahem...mixed bag. Some of them linger on shelves forever, while some vanish after a week, only to reappear elsewhere. I'm always on the lookout for them as a cheap source of parts. I'd like to know when they become available, too, since many of them vanish pretty quick.

In my part of the U.S., I'm currently aware of the following availability:

Target:

- 30106 Emma's Ice Cream Stand (in the holiday section)

- 30270 Krang's Target Practice (same)

- 40034 Christmas Train (same)

- 30250 Ewar's Acro Fighter (I think) (at the checkout)

- 30230 Mini Mech (checkout)

- That Mini TIE Fighter (I can't figure out the number, but it's at the checkout)

- 30021 Fire Car

Note that Target tends to do a major clearance sale the day after Christmas, so those first three sets should be 50% off or better on December 26.

Five Below

- 40028 Mini Hogwarts Express (still has a ton of these)

Toys R Us

- 30220 Fire Speedboat

- 30221 Fire Car

- 30224 Ride-on Lawnmower

- 30225 Coast Guard Seaplane

- 30241 Mandalorian Fighter

- 30240 Z-95 Headhunter

- 40077 Geoffrey

There's rumors that 30186 Christmas Tree is showing at TRU, but I haven't seen it. I have seen the Krang's Target Practice at a TRU, but I predict it'll be gone soon--licensed polys tend to go fast.

Lego Store

- A lot of the "seasonal" sets from this year are still there. I believe on my last visit, they still had Fall Scene, Thanksgiving Scene, and the two Christmas sets. I've also seen:

- 30185 Little Eagle

- 30167 Iron Man vs. Fighting Drone

I'm pretty sure they had some Chima sets, but I don't collect Chima, so I haven't paid the strictest attention to which sets they were.

Anyone else have any sightings? How about Wal-Mart? The three WMs near me are very variable--sometimes they have polys, sometimes they don't. I'm not sure any of them have any at the moment. And this doesn't need to be a U.S. only thread--anybody who has poly sightings should post here.

Toys R Us does have the Christmas Tree as I bought 2. I was also able to get the Iron Man vs. Fighting Drone at TRU. Not sure about other TRUs, but mine is currently overloaded with the Halloween witch head polybag.

Living in Australia we don't get them here so anyone who could help me out with polybags for friends, Chima, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings/Hobbit would be great.

Toys R Us does have the Christmas Tree as I bought 2. I was also able to get the Iron Man vs. Fighting Drone at TRU. Not sure about other TRUs, but mine is currently overloaded with the Halloween witch head polybag.

Woo! Thanks. I forgot about the Witch's head. I'll have to try and grab the tree--I get the impression that's TRU won't have it on the shelves after this week.

Woo! Thanks. I forgot about the Witch's head. I'll have to try and grab the tree--I get the impression that's TRU won't have it on the shelves after this week.

My TRU only had 2 left today since they are running a sale if you spend $20, you get a tree free.

Is the mini Hogwarts Express the same one that was offered with a purchase at the Lego store and Lego's site a couple years ago?

Darth,

If you make a list of the set numbers and quantities you want, we can look into it for you. It is hard to find many of them because of their fleeting availability in all outlets everywhere.

Also we would need to know which polybags are available anywhere in Oz so that we don't ship something you can find there.

Is anyone from Australia coming to the US east coast in the next five months? Maybe you could take back some polybags for fellow EBers.

One of my best friends is attending her daughter's wedding there in May. Will get the details of where she is going and if it looks like any of the ten folks in their extended family will have space in their bags going over.

I would be glad to coordinate this effort if you want. Fingers crossed!

Is the mini Hogwarts Express the same one that was offered with a purchase at the Lego store and Lego's site a couple years ago?

I'm pretty sure that it is. I looked up the Mini Train on Brickset, and some old news articles associated with that set say that it was a freebie at the Store when you bought Hogwarts or something similar.

My girlfriend from here (Raleigh NC) will be flying through Brisbane in early May. Anyone live in that area?

I'm pretty sure that it is. I looked up the Mini Train on Brickset, and some old news articles associated with that set say that it was a freebie at the Store when you bought Hogwarts or something similar.

Thank you! I may have to hunt one down since they're not going to be going for as much as they once were.

Darth,

If you make a list of the set numbers and quantities you want, we can look into it for you. It is hard to find many of them because of their fleeting availability in all outlets everywhere.

Also we would need to know which polybags are available anywhere in Oz so that we don't ship something you can find there.

Is anyone from Australia coming to the US east coast in the next five months? Maybe you could take back some polybags for fellow EBers.

One of my best friends is attending her daughter's wedding there in May. Will get the details of where she is going and if it looks like any of the ten folks in their extended family will have space in their bags going over.

I would be glad to coordinate this effort if you want. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the offer, I live in Melbourne though Brisbane is about as far away as New York to LA.

I just saw that my local Lego Store had the Little Eagle polybag clearanced to something like $2.49.

Wow! Thanks for the info. The Little Eagle is just adorable and very high on my list of favorite polybags. And it looks great next to the Fierce Flyer.

Wow! Thanks for the info. The Little Eagle is just adorable and very high on my list of favorite polybags. And it looks great next to the Fierce Flyer.

I should add that the Store had a bunch of minor items clearanced, including the Friends animal bags (which I don't think count as polys, but they're definitely poly-like). Also surprising was the Monster Minifigure set with the Witch, Ghost, and Zombie for $7.49-ish.

I'm drifting off-topic...who's seen some polys anywhere? :grin:

New Zealand has the same issue as our neighbours in Australia, Poly bags are not sold here as well. They do crop up from time to time on local auction sites but they are priced through the roof vs piece count.. What is the price of them in the US if they were not on sale?

Piggy, Love your avatar! Oink Oink…he is a little too heavy to be a razorback, the mascot of my home state, Arkansas, and the University of Arkansas. But I bet that Oink Oink is a big seller in Arkansas!

US list prices of polybags tend to run around 5.00 for the smaller polybags like 30185 Little Eagle. Larger ones like TRU's Geoffrey go for about 6.00. Sometimes there will be an even smaller bag with a 4.00 price.

They are quite hard to find in the US except for a few that seem to be all over in Target, etc. Good luck!

Piggy, Love your avatar! Oink Oink…he is a little too heavy to be a razorback, the mascot of my home state, Arkansas, and the University of Arkansas. But I bet that Oink Oink is a big seller in Arkansas!

US list prices of polybags tend to run around 5.00 for the smaller polybags like 30185 Little Eagle. Larger ones like TRU's Geoffrey go for about 6.00. Sometimes there will be an even smaller bag with a 4.00 price.

They are quite hard to find in the US except for a few that seem to be all over in Target, etc. Good luck!

Yeah, Polys are weird. Some are staples, like in Target. Others just show up when they show up and vanish a little after.

Yeah my mum gave me the Nic-name when I was little, I would always turn up in dirty cloths, even before we got to the car to go out. She got it from the Comic strip Peanuts (with Charlie etc)

A reminder that Target's seasonal section should go to at least 50% off tomorrow, so the three Lego polys (Friends, TMNT, and the Creator Train) should be greatly reduced.

Meijer store in Lapeer, maybe at other Meijer too has Ewar Aceo-Fighter polys, easily over 25 on shelf for clearance sale at $1.99. They were on the shelf near holiday stuff that were being cleared out as well so check the small toys and candies shelves, not in LEGO isle.