Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Hogwarts Mafia: Day Three

hm-logo-day3.jpg

The second night after the initial attacks gave no rest to the residents of Hogwarts either. Spells flashed and whistled in the night, but nobody could be certain that their spell would be the one that hit home.

hm-daythree1.jpg

Instead of flinging spells, Francis Rowan sat on the deadly quiet library to learn himself a new one. The library had always been his favourite place in the whole Hogwarts, because it contained countless of adventures and an infinite amount of knowledge. Too bad his poor mind was so unfocused he could only concentrate on one thing at a time.

"Let's see, the next spell in this book is... Ooh, it's the killing curse! Adava Kadav... no, Avadra Kevadra... uh, A-va-da Ke..."

"It's pronounced Avada Kedavra!"

hm-daythree2.jpg

The most lethal of spells hit Francis square in the chest. The last spell he learned became his doom.

hm-daythree3.jpg

"Hmph, amateurs! Now, what is this book? It looks interesting... and useful."

The library fell silent again.

hm-daythree4.jpg

During the night, the petrified body of Cuddles the Cerberus was found in the entrance hall. It looked like the monster hadn't gotten a chance to eat anybody that night. The Aurors detained it, but by the morning, Cuddles had escaped yet again. He was clearly well-trained.

hm-daythree5.jpg

At sunrise, the remaining residents of Hogwarts gathered to the Great Hall to hear the inevitable bad news. Headmistress MacGonagall told them about the death of Francis Rowan, and few of them burst into tears. This all was starting to take a too heavy toll on them.

hm-daythree6.jpg

Then the Aurors Potter and Weasley spoke again.

"The interrogations of the convicted Angela Weasley in Juvenile Azkaban led to the conclusion that she was indeed speaking the truth about her innocence. Likewise, we found proof that Francis Rowan was innocent as well", Auror Weasley recounted.

"Needless to say", Auror Potter continued. "This situation cannot last. We have brought every Auror agent to guard and patrol this castle. Meanwhile, it falls to you to point out the suspects among you."

"But before that, let's give you a moment to discuss the previous events at peace, before making any decisions", the headmistress added.

An uneasy hubbub filled the Great Hall.

Rules:

1. There are two opposing sides in this game, the
Death’s Hallowed
and the
Innocent
. The Death’s Hallowed win when they outnumber the others. The Innocent win when they’ve vanquished all of the Death’s Hallowed.

2. Each day, the players will vote out one amongst them with a majority decision. To vote or to draw back your vote, you must use the following sentence in your post:
vote: character/player
or
unvote: character/player
. If you want to change your vote, you must first unvote before the second vote is calculated.

3. During days, there is a 24 hour period before anyone can vote. Once the majority decision is reached, you cannot unvote the player in question anymore.

4. Every player will get a short list of items, spells and skills at their disposal. These can be used only at nights.

5. Each night, the players can use
one
of their items, spells, OR skills by sending the host a PM about it. Some items and skills have an automatic effect, which will be handled by the host. Items can be handed over to another player, but that will cost the giver the night’s action.

6. To give someone else your item, send the
host
a PM stating the item you wish to give, the name of the player you wish to give it to, and whether you want to remain anonymous or not. Items cannot be exchanged without the host acting as an intermediary.

7. The night abilities have a pre-specified order of effect. If you don’t send your night ability by the time limit I’ve given each day, you will miss your chance to use it.

8. The Day-topics are meant for active players only, so do not post in them if you are already out of the game. The Discussion-topic is open to everybody.

9. Do not edit your posts, because it is considered unfair to other players.

10. Do not directly quote
anything
I’ve sent to you via PM. Use your own words, please.

11. All out-of-character discussion must be kept in the Discussion-topic. Likewise, all talk about game tactics and roles must be kept in the Day-topics and PMs.

12. Since this game deviates quite a lot from other Mafia-games, please ask any questions or doubts you might have directly from me, and you will be answered.

Players:

Hogwarts Faculty:

hm-ava-brigelda.jpgBrigelda Hearth, nurse (WhiteFang)

hm-ava-crudo.jpgCrudo Alakhazam, teacher of Charms (Big Cam)

hm-ava-eloquence.jpgEloquence Malleus, teacher of Transfigurations (Shadows)

hm-ava-jingle.jpgJingle the House-elf (Dragonator)

hm-ava-neville.jpgNeville Longbottom, teacher of Herbology and Head of Gryffindor House (professor flitwick)

hm-ava-rhubarb.jpgRhubarb Uxley, teacher of Care of Magical Creatures and Head of Hufflepuff House (Escape the Fate)

hm-ava-sicilia.jpgSicilia Bathory, teacher of Potions and Head of Ravenclaw House (Eskallon)

hm-ava-stephanie.jpgStephanie Kingston, librarian (Zepher)

hm-ava-tea.jpgTea Ching, teacher of Divination (iamded)

Hogwarts Students:

hm-ava-desiree.jpgDesiree Jackson, Gryffindor (badboytje88)

hm-ava-harriet.jpgHarriet Pewter, Slytherin (YG-49)

hm-ava-jolie.jpgJolie Jadis, Slytherin (Lord Arjay)

hm-ava-loki.jpgLoki Malfoy, Slytherin (ILikePi)

hm-ava-nene.jpgNene Grandstaff, Hufflepuff (Millacol88)

hm-ava-prion.jpgPrion the Centaur, Hufflepuff (Forresto)

hm-ava-rocky.jpgRocky Broomwell, Gryffindor (sok117)

hm-ava-sheila.jpgSheila Bones, Ravenclaw (Matn)

hm-ava-bulltoad.jpgTodd "Bulltoad" Bulstrode, Slytherin (Roncanator)

hm-ava-valerie.jpgValerie MacArthur, Ravenclaw (Inconspicuous)

hm-ava-xander.jpgXander Lovegood, Gryffindor (CallMePie)

Others:

hm-ava-cuddles.jpgCuddles the Cerberus (monster)

The Deceased & The Confined:

hm-ava-brandon-dead.jpgBrandon Townsend, Hufflepuff (Oky Wan Kenobi) - Impartial (killed on Night One)

hm-ava-oraman-dead.jpgOraman Furbad, caretaker (JimButcher) - Innocent (slain by a monster on Night One)

hm-ava-angela-dead.jpgAngela Weasley, Gryffindor (Burman) - Innocent (voted out on Day Two)

hm-ava-francis-dead.jpgFrancis Rowan, Ravenclaw (ADHO15) - Innocent (killed on Night Two)

There are 20 players in the game, so it will require 11 votes to convict someone. Voting starts 24 hours from now.

Drat, poor Francis. It looks like the Hallowed have gained another victim.

Luckily someone managed to stop Cuddles from killing, most likely the same person to petrify Angela. Speaking of which, it seems she was innocent aswell. I'd advise anyone who finds themselves in that situation, to tell the truth & not lie about some camera. I'm still upset though.

As for today I find Loki suspicious, he did not speak yesterday at the critical moment. So he could've been the one to cast the secret vote.

Just suspicions.

Alas, it seems we were wrong about voting off Angela yesterday. Though let her have an importance in death, as now we can see the consequence of not getting ones facts right, and lying to an angry mob.

And poor Francis, too. He was a good student, an eager learner, and good person. May we be thankful he doesn't have to live the chaos of the next several days.

He was in the Library. Madame Kingstone, don't you keep it locked?

This is very bad. We can't continue to lose ground to these scum. The loss of young master Rowan comes as a shock and a great loss as I know he was a dedicated student, even if his spellcasting abilities weren't well developed. From his death, I think we've learned that whoever killed him was much more powerful than he, but that leaves a lot of possibilities.

Angela... why must the innocent make themselves look guilty and distract us from the task at hand? I can't blame any of you (or myself for that matter) for casting your votes yesterday, she gave every indication of guilt and had even been lying about the camera, from what we've been told. It's very sad, but at least we can now focus on the real matter at hand instead.

Today, we need information or we will continue to blindly fumble our way through this game of life, pointing fingers at the wrong people and dying at night. Someone out there knows something useful. Privately or publicly and they need to figure out who they can trust and make the first steps in creating an alliance against evil. I hope today is the day.

As for today I find Loki suspicious, he did not speak yesterday at the critical moment. So he could've been the one to cast the secret vote.

Perhaps. I am confused by the secret vote, but I am also confused by your claim to not control your own vote, yet you voted anyway, it was listed as a vote, and then the "secret vote" was shown to occur after it, as if it was connected to you. I'd really like to know what that all means, since openness in voting is such an important part of this process.

Whatever the case, in terms of silence, I find those who don't participate in these discussions to be the most questionable. If they are present but not making an effort to contribute, they are practically helping the Death's Hallowed, whether they mean to or not.

Please participate, everyone, we need your thoughts, your information, and your votes when the time comes. If we're to save Hogwarts and ourselves, we need you to help. If we don't work together, we'll all die alone, as we have been so far.

In terms of information, it isn't fair to ask without offering, so I will tell you what I can of last night.

Retiring to my chambers early, I planned to meditate on this situation. As I began the process, I was struck with a headache like none I've ever experienced before. It was like someone was trying to probe my mind, but they weren't well trained enough to be effective, so instead it was causing me mental torture. I don't know if they were trying to stop me from learning useful information, trying to get information from me, or making some sort of attack, but they failed except for stopping me from learning anything. I suspect it was a student, given their weak skills. I can't be sure of this, though.

Since I have no doubt that this was an attack by the Death's Hallowed, I feel secure in telling all of you about it. The scum can't learn anything new from it, but maybe it will encourage some of you to start being a little more cautiously open about things so we can get somewhere. If Angela had, she might still be here and we wouldn't be in an even worse position.

Please consider this.

Oh no poor Francis! He always was such an eager student.

Alas, it seems we were wrong about voting off Angela yesterday. Though let her have an importance in death, as now we can see the consequence of not getting ones facts right, and lying to an angry mob.

Angela wasn't killed! She was send to juvenile Askaban!

And poor Francis, too. He was a good student, an eager learner, and good person. May we be thankful he doesn't have to live the chaos of the next several days.

You're thinking very lightly about these killings... This makes me concerned and a little bit frightened.

Thank God someone stopped Cuddles tonight. Must be the same one who petrified Angela. I'm not sure if it was smart to petrify Cuddles. Sure he killes every night if no one stops him, but does he know who he kills? Does someone control him or does he kill at random? If he isn't controlled by the Hallowers, it might be usefull not to petrify Cuddles every night. What do you guys think?

I don't suspect Loki, I actually think he's kinda cute!

Oh my, it looks like my reservations on convicting Angela prooved to be correct. May she rest in piece.

At least cuddles was stopped last night, turns out the auras are indeed doing their job and protecting us. Too bad cuddles got away.

This will make voting today extra hard, we don't want results like last night again.

Angela wasn't killed! She was send to juvenile Askaban!

Whoops! I've read so many books of life, and that always happened when the mobs got they're votes higher enough.

Two more losses in the night! I hope that Angela is okay, and I mourn the loss of Francis. :sadnew: If we vote this time, we'd have to vote off one of the Death's Hallowed, or who knows what they would do this night.

I'm terriblysorry for not being there yesterday when we were voting. I was in the bathroom at the time, and missed out on all of it.

(I couldn't get on EB during the time of voting)

When I was in bed early last night, someone Stupefied me, and I was rendered unconscious for the rest of the night. Who could have done that? Another innoncent aiming blind spells? A second impartial?

I don't suspect Loki, I actually think he's kinda cute!

:blush:

Poor Francis, he never was very bright, but still he didn't deserve to go like that.

As for Angela, I'm sorry we voted her off, but she was making things to confuseing, what I'm more interested in are those items she was holding, and who poses them now, If you can trust me, feel free to Privatley Message me so we can discuss a strategy or something, I think it is very important for some of the innocent to start forming an alliance.

Here are the things I find most suspicious,

- The library, such a curse as the killing curse would only be avaliable in print, in the restricted section, that said, the only people who I recall with access to that area are Proffesor Kingston the Librarian and the late Caretaker Oraman.

- I would asume that there are more then 1 Deathly Hallowed, so that means that people must be using spells in the night to hex, curse, charm, or jinx the other members, it would be wise for people to tell us if they know anything from their night actions. Though it is rather hard to know the true intentions of the person you cast a spell on.

- now we also know that the book missing from the library, the one that Francis was reading, has been stolen I can assume that is a book that deals with the dark arts, maybe it is a tool of conversion? for I know not a wizard who uses such spells, unless they are dark wizards. What do you guys think the book does?

Another tragic day for us... We had lose 2 students because of the whole mishap and now we are thinning our own numbers. Sigh, Angela was inexperienced and was unable to convey her thoughts properly to tell us the truth and made us all looked confused. Why can't she be honest with us at the very beginning? We could have gained a worthy ally to help to fend the dark forces. Nevertheless, I strongly believe the Headmistress had given us the blessing of Angela's remaining items, namely the "gleaming sword" and the "fiery feather". AT the very least, her precious relics were passed down to someone or two, whom is worthy of this and I hope you will do us good than harm for the sake of our safety.

As for our dear Francis, it was unfortunate that his death came so sudden. He was such a keen learner in Hogwarts and those foul Death Hallowed caught him by surprise. At the very least, one of us managed to petrify Cuddles, and I supposed one of us might have nab the new caster whom is controlling Cuddles at this moment since he/she petrify the beast last night.

We can't give up. We need to look back and piece whatever available clues that are given to us, so we can rid those Death Hallowed. We can't depend Aurors to protect us all the time.

hm-daythree3.jpg

Hmm... the book that went missing appears to have of been about potions, going by the picture seems to be of a smouldering potion. Professor Bathory, Madame Kingstone, I don't suppose either of you know anything about it?

Professor McGonagall, you don't happen to know the name of the book taken, do you?

Hmm... the book that went missing appears to have of been about potions, going by the picture seems to be of a smouldering potion. Professor Bathory, Madame Kingstone, I don't suppose either of you know anything about it?

Professor McGonagall, you don't happen to know the name of the book taken, do you?

I think the book is a bout the dark arts, It did have the killing curse in it. I think the potion on the front is irrelevant to the contents of the book.

Oh, no! Someone from Ravenclaw has been murdered! :cry_sad: The mood will be very negative tonight in our common room... It should be, we can hold silence in memory of Francis...

On the attack itself, there are some clues in the story I see. First of all, I think the person who attacked Francis wasn't an adult. The attacker didn't know which book it was, and it seems Francis was learning spells from it. If it was indeed a spell book, an adult who learnt at Hogwarts should know it or at least, he/she should have heard about it. It could also be a spell book involving dark magic, as it describes how to perform Avada Kedavra. So from that I guess the attacker doesn't already doesn't know much about dark magic, a real dark wizard should recognize such a book immediately. Then another question is, how did Francis get in the forbidden section of the library, if it is indeed a book about dark magic?

Also, Professor Longbottom, I don't think it's a potions book. Francis won't learn Avada Kedavra from a potions book... It's probably a disguise for the book.

Perhaps. I am confused by the secret vote, but I am also confused by your claim to not control your own vote, yet you voted anyway, it was listed as a vote, and then the "secret vote" was shown to occur after it, as if it was connected to you. I'd really like to know what that all means, since openness in voting is such an important part of this process.

Hmm, I should clarify this for everyone. Every night my magic diary Sandra Ylop (not an item) automaticaly records the nights events. My diary doesn't like me to quote her you see, so it is difficult to explain. But I'll do my best.

During the first night person A (unknown) came into my room and inflicted something on me. Though Sand-Y ( :wink::wink: ) did not specify this, further investigation leads me to beleive that it was the imperius curse. Anyway, now everytime I see person B vote I must also vote with person B. I was told the identity of person B yet my diary noted that person A did not look like person B. That is why I'm keeping an open mind about it. Though it's confusing as to why person A would tie me to person B if they were not both Hallowed. It could be that person A is framing person B but it seems a bit extreme.

If you're still unclear then please contact me privately.

Since I have no doubt that this was an attack by the Death's Hallowed, I feel secure in telling all of you about it. The scum can't learn anything new from it, but maybe it will encourage some of you to start being a little more cautiously open about things so we can get somewhere. If Angela had, she might still be here and we wouldn't be in an even worse position.

I'm willing to go along with that. As well as the whole voting thing, on the first night of this chaos I tried to use my night action, unfortunetely someone stupified me so I stayed in bed. This same person appears to have done that to Loki also:

When I was in bed early last night, someone Stupefied me, and I was rendered unconscious for the rest of the night. Who could have done that? Another innoncent aiming blind spells? A second impartial?

Probably an innocent, maybe not though. Anyway just last night I was allowed to go walk-about. It was not very useful, though I'm pretty sure of someones innocence now. I also contacted Angela to directly question her about the "camera" but by the time she replied I had no choice. Aside from that I am clueless about everything so if you would like to privately meet me I'd appreciate it.

Anyway my attention has turned to Harriet Pewter. Who has been so inactive I forgot she was with us. :hmpf_bad: Harriet definetaly was here when we were all voting out Angela, she even said something! But was it of use? No. At best she is useless. Only talking twice will not help us at all.

Headmistress McGonagall reminds everybody that the missing book was taken from her office, not from any section of the library, and it had the symbol of the Deathly Hallows in its cover.

Headmistress McGonagall reminds everybody that the missing book was taken from her office, not from any section of the library, and it had the symbol of the Deathly Hallows in its cover.

Jolie Jadis reminds the Headmistress that everybody is talking about the book that Francis Rowan was studying. :grin:

Oh dear! Poor Francis! I was very close to him, being a fellow Ravenclaw. :cry_sad: His loss shocks me greatly, but his death shall not be in vain. I promise to avenge his death to the best of my abilities.

At least Cuddles was blocked! I'm sure that prevented another death. However, it seems like he'll still be back. Does anyone know how we could stop him once and for all?

Oh dear! Poor Francis! I was very close to him, being a fellow Ravenclaw. :cry_sad: His loss shocks me greatly, but his death shall not be in vain. I promise to avenge his death to the best of my abilities.

At least Cuddles was blocked! I'm sure that prevented another death. However, it seems like he'll still be back. Does anyone know how we could stop him once and for all?

Well, back at the end of yesterday, remember the Headmistress confiscated those 2 items from Angela before they sent her to Azkaban? One of them was a sword, which leads me to think it could kill someone, or hopefully, something.

Well look at that. I was correct in calling Angela innocent and confused. I knew she was not someone we should have voted off.

As for the boy dying in my library, don't you think that the fact that he was killed there is rather unfortunate? What about the boy yesterday. He was killed outside. Should we accuse our groundskeeper therefore? No. That is silly. He was inthe library becuase he was reading a ook. That does not link the murder to me, and sadly it also offers me no clues.

The evnts that occured to me last night were interesting. I lost an object that is terribly important to me, having it stolen. However, it was replaced before I had a chance to look for it. The problem is that I don't trust the replacement. It seems strange, and I'm afraid the Hallowed are tricking me with a fake of my object that will not sucessfully do the job I expect my object to do. So, if anyone has any information about it, please contact me.

Finally, my suspects from yesterday, all three of them, see to be even more suspect to me. I will gather a little more information before I accuse anyone publicly, since if I wrongly accuse someone and give something about them away, it may be helping the Hallowed. Keep thinking and stay alert, and please try to look at clues this time instead of poor confused students.

Jolie Jadis reminds the Headmistress that everybody is talking about the book that Francis Rowan was studying. :grin:

Headmistress McGonagall gives Miss Jadis a stern look and reminds her not to argue with grown-ups. The talk was about a missing book, and the library isn't missing a single book. The only missing books are the one stolen from the headmistress' office and the one owned by Francis Rowan.

Well, back at the end of yesterday, remember the Headmistress confiscated those 2 items from Angela before they sent her to Azkaban? One of them was a sword, which leads me to think it could kill someone, or hopefully, something.

I'm wondering, what was that burning feather? Was it some type of Gryffindor artifact?

I'm wondering, what was that burning feather? Was it some type of Gryffindor artifact?

:sceptic: Why do you think it's a feather? It could be some kind of wieldable fire. But feather does seem to be more likely.

Francis dieing is truly unfortunate, especially with him being a ravenclaw, I will miss him and he was always certainly a good potion student.

Now, what have we learnt that can help us?

I have never seen it before, but it could be a Gryffindor artifact. Maybe it's the last feather of Fawkes, Dumbledore's phoenix.

What an unfortunate night for Francis and the rest of us. I had a very interesting night, and none of it was good save for the fact that I am still alive. While it is sad for us for us to have voted Angela off, it was necessary. Her confusing and bumbling comments, threw many of us off.