Last year Cwetqo have names of 2h sets long time before December, so I m curious why not this year :cry_sad: .Buy he said, that 2013 flagship will be something big and RC.

Also first images appear 20. december in youtube video, so there is possibility that this year will be in same way.P.s.:I cant wait, this is my advent calendar every day I cant wait to see blurry images. :laugh:

Buy he said, that 2013 flagship will be something big and RC.

So we will have two RC models in 2013? One of them should be TC2012 winner.

Maybe this is only bad interpreted information and rc set is only another crawler.Who knows, in few days we will probably know.P.s.:To Hrontos-I will buy all your three 9398 mocs.They are great, I hope you will won, :wink:

Edited by Ondra

Definitely getting the Grand Prix Racer. Always wish I had the money to buy the Silver Champion when I was young.

Me too, I was in my 20's when the Silver Champion was released, but I had the 8448 Supercar so I passed...wish I hadn't...now look at the asking price for a sealed set, I'm not really into Used sets, you just never know what you are getting for sure...I did manage to find one 8466 4x4" which was released in 2001. I had wanted it, but I only found one brand new at a local TRU, but one corner was bashed in and taped by staff, and so I passed. Paid the price on that one, bought it last spring for $400 NISB, just the seals were breached. I was over the moon...

I guess the biggest question I have for 1H2013 is the 42006 Excavator w/ claw attachment. There was a topic below (unpinned) about it being released Dec. 14, no sign of it. Any information available? It seems the USA Amazon website doesn't seem to work the same as the European Amazon's sites do, no pre-order, nothing. But then again, USA Amazon didn't even stock most of the 2012 lineup available except for Marketplace sellers, thus much higher asking prices, I always prefer ordering direct from Amazon, and even though some of those Marketplace sellers stocked their items as Fulfilled by Amazon, the prices were still well above the MSRP. I have the 42004 Mini Backhoe Loader and 42010 Racer, what I'm really waiting for is the 42006...

a couple years ago my father and I snatched the last bid on ebay for the 8466, never opened, for $200 :sweet: everything was fine except for old style not protected instructions were bit torn, oh how I loved building that set :wub: really made that years holiday season all the better :thumbup: Now just very eager to find out what "large rc set" will be for the flagship....Hopefully a supercar! now wondering if I should get the motocross bike, the grand prix racer, or both :laugh:

a couple years ago my father and I snatched the last bid on ebay for the 8466, never opened, for $200 :sweet: everything was fine except for old style not protected instructions were bit torn, oh how I loved building that set :wub: really made that years holiday season all the better :thumbup: Now just very eager to find out what "large rc set" will be for the flagship....Hopefully a supercar! now wondering if I should get the motocross bike, the grand prix racer, or both :laugh:

What a deal z3_2drive...ebay can be a pain if your bidding instead of buy it now, but they get you with buy it now, but as with more rare items, usually sellers do the bidding process...back in the late 90's I was into Space series (not Star Wars), sort of right before I found Technic and never looked back...anyway I was bidding on a Unitron 1793 Space Station Zenon and the last couple hours I kept outbidding little by little against 3 other bidders, it was like a war those last minutes...I won by $0.50...gave away all my Space sets when I got heavy into Technic when I bought the 8448 Supercar (luckily at S@H MSRP back then)...but I saw the 8466 on Bricklink and even though it wasn't perfect, heck it was 11 years old when I bought it this past spring, both of the cheap round seals they used to put on Technic sets had disintegrated and it was dented in the top, all the contents were sealed in poly bags, instructions perfect, it was like I was a kid in a candy store when I got it in the mail :wub: . Crazy thing I've been so busy since springtime (had to put my mom in a nursing home, lots of problems there that took and still is taking my time up) I haven't even assembled it, but its safe and sound in my garage along with a ton of other vintage sets, some new, some used and complete. I really got into studded Technic, its a lot of fun, albeit expensive since these sets fetch big prices nowadays...

Just went to 1 of the TRU's in my area, geez they were jam-packed with shoppers, but sort of expected that being 10 days from Christmas, no 42006 Excavators yet...per usual TRU tends to release sets before they are available, but no 42006's...I'm sort of thinking that one is going to be the usual early spring release since it appears to be a medium/large set if TLG follows the usual trend of releasing a set around that time...look at the past...2011 the 8070 Supercar and 2012 the 9397 Logging Truck...

42006 will not be an early spring set its not big or expensive enough.

What's with no 2h news guys should we not know by now?

42006 will not be an early spring set its not big or expensive enough.

What's with no 2h news guys should we not know by now?

Huh - looks can be deceiving with just box art and a jpg pic, I thought it was almost as large as the 8043 or in between the 8294 and 8043. I wonder when it will actually be released since Lego has already released 4 new sets already...

Well a lot of sets were posted for release, usually we only get on average of about 4 sets in the 1H release. I have seen the hovercraft, mini backhoe/loader, and both cars, which is 4 at local TRU's and on S@H. I figured that was it and the other larger sets would be released in the 2H, and possibly the 42006, since it looks to be on par with other medium-large sets for an early spring release. Usually by now 1H offerings are in the TRU stores, in the past years, they appear a couple weeks before Christmas.

Since my 2h tread was locked ill have to post here , Alastair gave a great idea for next years flagship an rc backhoe and it would be a really great set.

I wonder will lego ever do pneumatic+rc models

I thought someone was teasing earlier with a replacement for the 8288 crawler crane?

I think motorized and pneumatic backhoe will be great, but very hard to make for lego as regular flagship.Motorized pneumatic need too many motors and big space to make it work.

An RC backhoe would be a really cool summer release...I love my 8455's, but an RC one would be incredible esp with motorized pneumatics...it would be a tight fit as was the pneumatics in the 8455, but all the LA's needed to operate all the functions that the 8455 had would be hard since LA's are larger(ram-wise)...

I have often wondered why TLG doesn't re-release some of the great sets like they used to back in early 2000's...if they did they would have a lot of extra business...I wouldn't mind another 8288 among many others...look at the track record to name a few, the pneumatic front end loader(8459/64/39) and the pneumatic crane truck (8460,31,38) they re-released twice..and for some odd reason the re-release of the small forklift (8248/8463)...and for the most part all of the molds of those parts are still in production for City sets, etc, so it wouldn't be a stretch for them to do that...

I think motorized and pneumatic backhoe will be great, but very hard to make for lego as regular flagship.Motorized pneumatic need too many motors and big space to make it work.

I don't think it would be that hard you would only need a servo to valve type gear box which can be doubled so you get 8 pneumatic functions then add you gearbox selector plus you drive and steering..... :wink:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

May be the main reason for models with pneumatics not being RC is that for more precise movements you would need proportional control and real RC pneumatic valve. All built solutions are probably not precise enough.

May be the main reason for models with pneumatics not being RC is that for more precise movements you would need proportional control and real RC pneumatic valve. All built solutions are probably not precise enough.

My loader has return to centre valves which are precise,you just need to gear down the servos a bit and it should be fine. :classic:

My sister works in one of the Argos stores in UK. And at the moment thay havent got any Lego tecknic stuff in stock. Cant even get a 4 x 4. There waiting on new stuff for Jan.. Seems Argos are in trouble with Lego for selling stuff early last year. Just have to wait and see when thay get some stuff in.

My loader has return to centre valves which are precise,you just need to gear down the servos a bit and it should be fine. :classic:

I know, it is enough to make it work, I am just not sure about kids 10-14 being able to control is via remote control. In you video it is clear, that all "down" movements lasts only 1-2 seconds which makes it almost impossible to go only "half way" down. You also did go down and then up. With LAs it is easier to grab the tires using remote control and that's what I thought may be the reason why the RC is combined with LAs.

Or may be it was just the absence of the servo and now, when it is available TLG will produce models with RC pneumatics. It would be really nice and realistic.

I am not using servos in my model as I don't have any,I also had the valve open all the way so it would fall all the way down,I will try to make a new video to show better control.

I do know what you are saying about the kids though,I guess we have to wait and see what come out....... :sweet:

What's do ye think the chances are of even getting a pneumatic set for 2013, we had non last year and they did reintroduce pneumatics back in 2010 with the tractor and log trailer.

What's do ye think the chances are of even getting a pneumatic set for 2013, we had non last year and they did reintroduce pneumatics back in 2010 with the tractor and log trailer.

What was last years flag ship again? *huh*:roflmao: