makoy

Hello Star Wars & Space Fans!

Hello Eurobricks.

It's been a long while since I actually used a forum board. I used to manage and moderate forums but ever since social media step in I essentially went into dark age of using forums as well.

Anyway I am an AFOL. I'm Asian and moving around places due to the nature of my work that's why majority of my collection are minifigures.

I started MOCing this year due to a local LUG Star Wars event.

The first batch of LEGO sets in my childhood are mostly City, Castle and Space. I mostly like Space and I still have my original Ice Planet set, 6879 Blizzard Baron. :)

Then I went to a very long dark age.... then when I resumed my LEGO collection I picked up Star Wars almost immediately and then Ninjago. It's a weird combination but I find myself stuck in both Space and Action category. I may go back to Castle if there is a proper historical theme later but for now I am preoccupied collecting CMF and those SW minifigures that I missed.

Welcome aboard, Makoy. Which LUG are you with?

LOM in Malaysia, PhLUG in Philippines.

Welcome Makoy. How does moving about impact your hobby?

well, imagine if I bought all the summer SW sets this year... that's more than enough to fill 20kg luggage already. I ended up collecting smaller sets only and if I buy big sets I will eventually part them out. Minifigures are so much easier to move from one country to another.

Welcome to Eurobricks, Makoy! I'm also a Star Wars fan, too! :grin:

Were you there at MidValley Force Friday? I was one of the first 10 who got in. :grin: