Darkdragon

[Flickr Find ]Pointe Pescade Lighthouse

Lovely Lighthouse!

Altough the Balcony supports look a bit weird under there.

I would have gone for a square look instead of the rounded part

greetz

Bjornu

What a great find! The Lighthouse is cool and the rocks are real realistic.

However, the sloop (judging with the masts) is quite absurd(IMO) because a sloop would not have a rear castle (forgot the name :pir_bawling: ).

What a great find! The Lighthouse is cool and the rocks are real realistic.

However, the sloop (judging with the masts) is quite absurd(IMO) because a sloop would not have a rear castle (forgot the name :pir_bawling: ).

I don't think it's a sloop, I think it's supposed to be a full-sized ship but it's scaled to the size of the lighthouse, in which case it's brilliant. If it is a sloop then you're right, it's off.

It looks a lot like the ship from 6277, Imperial Trading Post circa 1992

Edited by bjtpro

This is awesome! I especially love the use of authentic LEGO sails, I remember it from the Imperial Trading Post! Anyways, I can only imagine the good brew and nicely cooked fish these soldiers will be eating with the visitors!! Great job.

I just realized you guys had posted my build here. Thanks for the comments. bjtpro is correct. I tried to model the sail boat (sloop?) after the small ship from the Imperial Trading Post set. I even used its sails. It had a raised platform back where the wheel is located.

This MOC has long since been parted out, except for that small ship. That is still sitting on the dresser.

I just realized you guys had posted my build here. Thanks for the comments. bjtpro is correct. I tried to model the sail boat (sloop?) after the small ship from the Imperial Trading Post set. I even used its sails. It had a raised platform back where the wheel is located.

This MOC has long since been parted out, except for that small ship. That is still sitting on the dresser.

I was right, whaddyaknow? That doesn't happen too often, the wife will be surprised. :laugh:

Excellent MOC, thanks!