Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

The Death of Bishop Jamon

Bishop Jamon died in his sleep, a peaceful smile still playing on his face in death. Few had accomplished what he had done in his lifetime. From his humble beginnings in an old monastery in Avalonia to forging the Aslanic Order into the wealthy and powerful organization it is today, his life had been one of nearly unparalleled success. Even his peaceful death compared to that of the common violent death that awaited many of the inhabitants of Historica in this chaotic time convinced many that his life had been blessed by a higher power.

16372462682_44b4e4c88d_c.jpg

16185730958_7ec942087f_c.jpg

16185980340_4d7fd2689c_c.jpg

16187154859_3464918e58_c.jpg

Builders note: I've been needing to end some of my previous characters to allow me to pave a new and fresh story path for Masa. This build was sort of a breakthrough/morale booster for me with my Aden's Gate build. This will be situated at the top of the main tower which is currently at 60 studs high not including this section. I have several alternate plans for the roof but as the tower has been sitting idle for many months because I am not happy with its access issues because of its height. I will be rebuilding it to allow an open back to view the interior like this build. Here is what the front of this build looks like.

16185796940_7c6f2d257b_c.jpg

Since this build is part of a bigger one I did some slight modifications to make it blend into the larger build better. Also decided to put in the new leader of the Aslanic Order.

15751791794_b1b2b91596_c.jpg

16374236095_82fb7d3e99_c.jpg

Edited by Mike S

Nice! The Aslanic Order certainly is rich! What will this mean for the orders presence a cross Historica I wonder?

Some nice details- I especially like the chandelier!

Great build! But man, are they rich! My Vikings may want to pay them a visit......

With all that gold around, no wonder he died with a smile! :laugh:

The angled walls are really good, as is the chandelier!

Holy crap that's a lot of gold! *oh2*

With such a plush (and awesome!) interior, the exterior looks kind of plain though, is that intentional?

That is an excellent looking building, I really like how you hung the light especially. -- not necessarily the way Dugal pictured the Holyman's chambers, but very cool indeed.

IC: upon hearing of the good bishop's death, the MacLean estate has vowed to construct three orphanages in his honor. We mourn one of Historica's great men.

Nice build, Mike S!

I like the windows and golden shutters! This shows the riches of Kaliphlin quite nicely. The chandelier and candles look great! I like how you placed the minifigure under the blanket on the bed.

Gideon is sad to hear of the passing of the Bishop. There will be a memorial parade held in Barqa at the next full moon.

Ooc: Lovely interior! I think the plain white but somewhat ornate exterior looks great when I know this is part of a higher tower :classic:

Awesome build Mike! The use of all of the gold on the furniture is cool, it portrays the wealth of the Bishop nicely. Nice job with the chandelier as well!

Excellent interior, and exterior :thumbup: You did a very good job filling the non square room with furniture, and I like the floor a lot :wub:

Yupp, isn't that always the case with real richness - from the outside it looks plain...

I like the way its built into these symmetric corners.

Nice! The Aslanic Order certainly is rich! What will this mean for the orders presence a cross Historica I wonder?

Some nice details- I especially like the chandelier!

Thanks! Only time will tell... :wink:

Great build! But man, are they rich! My Vikings may want to pay them a visit......

Thanks! The Aslanic Order would be happy for a visit by your Vikings. However if they think they will come away some of the Order's treasure, they will be sadly disappointed....

really nice build !

Thanks!

With all that gold around, no wonder he died with a smile! :laugh:

The angled walls are really good, as is the chandelier!

Haha, nice one! Made me smile but ya know wealth doesn't really create happiness although it can help prevent sadness! :wink: Thanks!

I really like all the gold!

Thanks! Kaliphlin has lots of it!

Not a poor man that has left, but seemingly someone who left peacefully.

Excellent interior design!

Thanks!

Holy crap that's a lot of gold! *oh2*

With such a plush (and awesome!) interior, the exterior looks kind of plain though, is that intentional?

Thanks! The exterior is actually part of a much much larger structure that I've been working on for a few years now because I keep taking it apart and redesigning it.

That is an excellent looking building, I really like how you hung the light especially. -- not necessarily the way Dugal pictured the Holyman's chambers, but very cool indeed.

IC: upon hearing of the good bishop's death, the MacLean estate has vowed to construct three orphanages in his honor. We mourn one of Historica's great men.

Thanks! Its all about impression. Wealthy Order gets more converts than poor Order of beggars. Bishop Jamon was a great marketer perhaps he used to be a merchant in his earlier days but he never told Masa about those times. Bishop Jamon would be thrilled to know that in his death he is still helping the people of Historica and the orphanages would be right up his ally!

Nice build, Mike S!

I like the windows and golden shutters! This shows the riches of Kaliphlin quite nicely. The chandelier and candles look great! I like how you placed the minifigure under the blanket on the bed.

Thanks!

Wonderful interior!

Thanks again!

Gideon is sad to hear of the passing of the Bishop. There will be a memorial parade held in Barqa at the next full moon.

Ooc: Lovely interior! I think the plain white but somewhat ornate exterior looks great when I know this is part of a higher tower :classic:

Perhaps Masa will be able to attend. Unbeknownst to him, he will be undertaking a new journey soon that will take him north through Barqa. Thanks!

Awesome build Mike! The use of all of the gold on the furniture is cool, it portrays the wealth of the Bishop nicely. Nice job with the chandelier as well!

Thanks!

Excellent interior, and exterior :thumbup: You did a very good job filling the non square room with furniture, and I like the floor a lot :wub:

Thanks!

Yupp, isn't that always the case with real richness - from the outside it looks plain...

I like the way its built into these symmetric corners.

Thank you!

This is really nice! The chandelier is very cool.

IC: The Holy Father of the Faith is sad to see this man go. He was truly a great beacon in the world. He hopes that he may meet with the new Bishop soon in the interest of dialogue between the two groups.

Lovely build, so many beautiful details. The chandelier and rounded room are very well done. All around excellent build!

The free people of Nocturnus pledge a moment of silence to remember one of Historica's most revered men.

I'm way behind on commenting on builds, and planned on approaching things systematically, but when I saw the topic title, I literally exclaimed out loud, "WHAT?!?" The dog jumped up and looked around for intruders. :classic:

The build itself is beautiful and sumptuous. You've done an awesome job of creating a luxe and rich interior. The furniture builds are well done, and I love that chandelier and the gilt everything.

While the loss of Bishop Jamon will no doubt be felt across Historica, I look forward to the new directions your builds will go!

Edited by SarahJoy

This is really nice! The chandelier is very cool.

IC: The Holy Father of the Faith is sad to see this man go. He was truly a great beacon in the world. He hopes that he may meet with the new Bishop soon in the interest of dialogue between the two groups.

Thanks! While a bishop no longer heads the Aslanic Order, Lord Kral, the Order's new leader, would be happy to arrange a meeting with the Holy Father.

When I look at the photos, my eyes jus kept focusing on the light. Awesome build!

Thank you!

Great MoC! I really like the interior decoration!

Can't wait to see more builds from you!

Thanks so much!

That's a nice build! Love the chandelier!

Thanks!

Lovely build, so many beautiful details. The chandelier and rounded room are very well done. All around excellent build!

The free people of Nocturnus pledge a moment of silence to remember one of Historica's most revered men.

Thanks! Lord Kral, Bishop Jamon's successor will do his best to be as revered as his predecesor. But that may prove a hard task as future events unfold in Kaliphlin.

Outstanding interior! :wub: The chandelier and bed both look fantastic! :thumbup:

Thanks!

I'm way behind on commenting on builds, and planned on approaching things systematically, but when I saw the topic title, I literally exclaimed out loud, "WHAT?!?" The dog jumped up and looked around for intruders. :classic:

The build itself is beautiful and sumptuous. You've done an awesome job of creating a luxe and rich interior. The furniture builds are well done, and I love that chandelier and the gilt everything.

While the loss of Bishop Jamon will no doubt be felt across Historica, I look forward to the new directions your builds will go!

Haha, Thanks! I was hoping this would be a surprise twist but it also had to be done as I was beginning to feel I had written myself into a boring, howbeit pleasant corner with the Bishop. I hope that some of the following twists I have planned in the Aslanic Order plotline will be just as surprising!

Upon hearing of the death of Bishop Jamon, some of the parishioner of the Aslanic Temple in the Trifork decided to travel to Aden's Gate bearing gifts to offer their services to the Order.

16306823447_5f407df87b_c.jpg

OOC: I like what you have done with the Aslanic order and the temples you have built throughout Historica, so I thought I would play along with this quick little procession. :classic:

The rounded tower room looks great with all the ornamentation on the inside, and will look great as part of a larger tower. It is obvious that the Aslanic Order is a rich and powerful organisation, and I shall be looking forward to seeing more of Aden's Gate!