Life in the deserts of Kaliphlin isn't always easy, but at least the fruit grows year-round and the sun always shines.

16134742207_d5c74c2a2e_z.jpg

16134742177_841f5beca2_z.jpg

-----------------------------

Hey everyone! I needed to escape the dark and depressing Nocty atmosphere for a bit and finally got around to getting a Kaliphlin build done. Kinda like Kabel and his mead series, I've been anticipating warmer weather and thought the Kali desert would be a nice place to be right now. Obviously a lot of Kaliphlin builders influenced this one, but I thank Gideon in particular for his outstanding and inspiring builds. I felt a little lost trying to detail the landscape properly, so forgive me if a few spots look a little bare. Anyways, nothing particularly exciting going on in the scene above, just some Kali residents enjoying the lovely weather. Thanks for looking!

Somehow, "difficult" isn't the word I'd use to describe this.......great build! The architecture looks good, as does the path.

Wonderful, ME!

I like the raised planters and the building, especially the corner posts! The trees are great, as is the sandy terrain.

I always like to see builds like this one that demonstrate that GoH builders could fit in any guild!

As I said on Flickr, beautiful Mass! I love the trees, might have to use that technique. I hope you don't get too taken with Kaliphlin though!

Great to see you building in Kaliphlin, and you certainly did an excellent job! The various tree designs used look really good, and the bright peaceful look really adds to it! :thumbup: One of my favorite builds from you actually, although no doubt I have a bit of a bias!

Fantastic build MassEditor! I really like those raised beds and the trees (especially the orange tree :wub: )

Excellent house - great job on the texturing and wooden parts :thumbup: The well and street lamp are splendid details as well :sweet:

This is absolutely fantastic! I love the texture of the walls, the medium dark flesh planters, and the unique take on palm trees!

This build is just about perfect. The sparse landscape is correct. This would probably be located somewhere south of the Oil Road.

Gorgeous scene. The color is really unique thanks to the red backdrop. The well, trees, and the wood/sandstone construction of the house are standout details, but I also really like the way you did those hanging flower pots.

Lovely Kali build; it really captures the feel of a desert oasis!

The groundscaping feels complete. The only thing I might suggest is to use dark bley slopes instead of light-- the dark bley optically blends better with dark tan.

There are so many details to love about this build. The building is nice, as are the variety of palms. The angled planters are a beautifully considered detail, as are the potted plants around the door. The well is a great desert touch, and are those geraniums in the window box?

Thanks everyone, glad you liked this foray out of the Darklands!

As I said on Flickr, beautiful Mass! I love the trees, might have to use that technique. I hope you don't get too taken with Kaliphlin though!

No doubt my heart is still in Nocturnus!

The well is a great desert touch, and are those geraniums in the window box?

Thanks Sarah! I was thinking desert rose or some other plant that doesn't need much water.

Very nice build and it's really cool to actually see you paying homage to other builders from this project. Somehow I can really tell who inspired you for which element and I mean that in a very positive way!

Beautiful build! I love all the details in this build, and the combination wood/ sandstone architecture looks very nice.

ME strikes in kaliphlin too :) Great build my friend, nice building texturing and cute landscaping!

Very nice Kali build, great to have you visiting our sunny lands!

It's always fun to see builds that are built from the simple joy of trying to build something new :classic:

I think the texturing/detailing of both the ground and the tower fits the size of the build very well.

Great build! I really like the trees, the planters, the well and the walls of the building. This is an excellent first Kali build.

:wub: So many great designs here, the trees, planter boxes, well, and trellis especially :thumbup:

Everything works beautifully together. Are you going to do a Avalonian build now?

Oh, this is really good.

No wonder it's got so many comments already.

I would like to point out the quality of palm trees and the well. Rest is excellent too :grin:

Oh, this is really good.

No wonder it's got so many comments already.

I would like to point out the quality of palm trees and the well. Rest is excellent too :grin:

Thanks Captain Braunsfeld, I think folks may just be surprised that I can build other things! :laugh:

:wub: So many great designs here, the trees, planter boxes, well, and trellis especially :thumbup:

Everything works beautifully together. Are you going to do a Avalonian build now?

Thanks SK, glad you noticed the trellis! Yes, I've definitely got an itching to do some building in Avalonia and Mitgardia. I've built landscapes in both guilds but I really want to build a few structures as well.

Wonderful build! Really digging that house!

Thanks Jakorin!

Great build! I really like the trees, the planters, the well and the walls of the building. This is an excellent first Kali build.

Thanks RA!

Very nice Kali build, great to have you visiting our sunny lands!

It's always fun to see builds that are built from the simple joy of trying to build something new :classic:

I think the texturing/detailing of both the ground and the tower fits the size of the build very well.

I appreciate that Gideon, especially since your wonderful Barqa builds really inspired this. Yes, it was a ton to fun to build (a lot more so, I must admit, than a few of my recent Nocty builds!).

ME strikes in kaliphlin too :) Great build my friend, nice building texturing and cute landscaping!

Haha, thanks ME!

Beautiful build! I love all the details in this build, and the combination wood/ sandstone architecture looks very nice.

Thanks Dan, glad you liked it!

Very nice build and it's really cool to actually see you paying homage to other builders from this project. Somehow I can really tell who inspired you for which element and I mean that in a very positive way!

Thanks Kabel! Yes, there are some wonderful Kali builders out there, and some great inspiration.