Sign in to follow this  
badchriss

MOC: Little Threewheeler

Okay Gang,meet the Fleet:

The Ronnel Goblin was a small Vehicle that was very popular in the 50s and 60s.Mostly by People in rural Areas but also in Cities when People didn`t have the Money for a "real" Car.Well,the Goblin really tried to be a real Car with a Cabin With of other Compact Cars at the Time but it just can`t hide it`s Origins.Ronnel was a Manufacturer for Mopeds and small Motorbikes which had it`s only Factory in an Industrial Area in Lego City.

The Engine was a quirky little two-stroker with roughly 25 HP.Sounds not like much but the Goblin was very light,thanks to the used Materials like Aluminium,Plastic and Wood.

The Goblin could be ordered with various Configurations and Attachments.

The Threewheeled Base and the high Center of Gravity made the Car a bit unpredictable at high Speeds and in Curves.

The End of the 60s also Set the End for the Goblin.New Safety Laws and plummeting Sales were the last Nail in the Coffin for this Car.

Well,today you can still see them here and there and a large Fan Community still moves those little Threewheelers.

Ronnel%20Goblin%202_zpsy3vhbjhi.png

Ronnel%20Goblin%201_zpsdkzlyfal.png

More Variants are in planning.Any more Ideas?

Thanks Guys,i`m glad you like them.As far as the Inspiration goes,they have different Roots.Many Countries had various Three Wheelers in the early Days and this is some sort of a mix up.They all have odd Proportions,look funny and a unique Handling.Since this Car was made by a fictive Brand which had it`s Origins in Great Britain,you can count this Car as a Mixture between a Peel (mainly the blue Version),a Reliant in tadpole Configuration (two Wheels in front,one in the Back) and the infamous italian Vespa Ape (=ital. for Bee,not a Monkey).

Right now i have a brick build Goblin made from leftover Bricks on my Desk (i pretend it`s a very old and banged up Version) and it makes a lot of Fun pushing this little Thing across my Desk,making U-Turns (and miserably fail while doing so) and instead of pew pew or swoosh Sounds i try to imagine a high pitched stuttering two stroke Engine Noise for this Thing.....rangdadang...danggadang...dangdangnang....."big blue Smoke Cloud"

O, I love these! Also reminds me of the old Isetta, with the door at the front.

Great idea, and endless variations possible.

About new ideas: One might be to have the two wheels in the back, and one in the front, like the Reliant Robin.

In true Delboy Style!

Keep clicking those bricks together.

Edit: I just noticed you already mentioned the Reliant in a comment above :classic:

Edited by Withacee

You`re right Withacee,the Possibilities are endless.Just found in my Parts Bin a slope Piece like the darkblue back on the blue/grey Threewheeler,only in light blue,with yellow black racing Stripes,a Number 18 on it and i also have a matching Roof.I think we all know that a Racing Version is a Must,...hehehe build for speed :D

And guess what Guys,i managed to cobble enough Pieces together to build two cute Threewheelers.The Yellow one is a rusty Beater (that`s the Reason for having mismatched Colors...) and a pretty nice one in Red.

20160608_213708_zpsr1annymh.jpg

20160608_213715_zpsuwqfaiy0.jpg

20160608_213729_zpsvth0kofo.jpg

20160608_213811_zpsnwjdmvgb.jpg

They are pretty neat,right?