Sign in to follow this  
ADHO15

My new Jedi and his speeder bike

indexed.gif

Hi everyone!

It's my 500th post!

As many of you may know, I've been here for over a year now, but have never made and posted any MOCs, just occasionally a few MODs. I was a little bored this afternoon and so decided to start MOCing. I noticed a while back that many members have their own signature minifigs that they use as avatars and are well-known by. Seeing this, I decided I should make myself one but wasn't sure what kind of design to use, so this is what I have:

c009.jpg

Here he is with his unique double-edged curved lightsabre:

c010.jpg

He's one of the 'Lost Twenty' Jedi Masters who left the Order, and a bust of him can be found in the archives. He was the second most-recent Jedi to leave, after Dooku. I haven't yet figured out a big backstory, or even a name so if anyone has any reasonable ideas, I'd love to hear them! :sweet: When I have him figured out, I may make more MOCs or a comic or something. We'll see...

Here is his personal speeder bike. It's my own design based on his personality and character. He is an ex-Jedi trying to keep a low profile on some Tatooine-like Outer Rim planet, so I thought this suited its purpose well.

c007.jpg

c008.jpg

c002.jpg

c005.jpg

c003.jpg

c006.jpg

c004.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness on some of those pics. I'd love to hear all your comments and criticisms. I'm open to improvements and ideas and I look forward to seeing your replies! :wink:

Thanks! :classic:

Edited by ADHO15

The speeders is awesome, a lot like the Weequay Tank, but smaller. Now I admit it was a cool discovery to see how far ROtta's stud hole went in, but the Jedi is just plain creepy! :tongue:

His head is a little tall, but it's a good idea. His personal lightsaber looks like his curved horns on the side of his head- I don't know if you were planning it, but there is a resemblance, and it looks great. His speeder is also very detailed and fits his story well. All in all, :thumbup: :thumbup: up!

Ril-Daktoh. You can thank me later for the name. :tongue:

In all seriousness though, he seems like he would fit right in to the Star Wars Universe, and that speeder suits him well too.

He has to cut off his tail just to fit in his speeder? :tongue: Nice use of the Rotta head/body/plastic green blob with a face on it :thumbup:

Is he Jabba's skinny cousin? :laugh: The speeder really captures the feel for what would be a Tatooine theme. Very creative and nicely done. Now as for your jedi, that combination is something I would've never have thought of. Very clever and unique! Keep it up! :thumbup:

great minifg!

THe speeder has a very neanderthal look to it with the horns.

great moc

Nice speeder

Thank you!

The speeders is awesome, a lot like the Weequay Tank, but smaller. Now I admit it was a cool discovery to see how far ROtta's stud hole went in, but the Jedi is just plain creepy! :tongue:

He is a little odd. I'll give you that. :tongue:

I suppose the colour schemes do match. If I buy it, I'll be sure to MOC it into some kind of speeder/ship for him.

Thanks.

His head is a little tall, but it's a good idea. His personal lightsaber looks like his curved horns on the side of his head- I don't know if you were planning it, but there is a resemblance, and it looks great. His speeder is also very detailed and fits his story well. All in all, :thumbup: :thumbup: up!

His species, like Ithorians, have heads that are too big for their bodies. :laugh:

Good spot. I had noticed that of course! :wink: I was just looking for a lightsabre combination that I hadn't yet seen.

Thank you for your comment.

Ril-Daktoh. You can thank me later for the name. :tongue:

In all seriousness though, he seems like he would fit right in to the Star Wars Universe, and that speeder suits him well too.

Good! Did you make that up or use it from somewhere? Thanks.

He has to cut off his tail just to fit in his speeder? :tongue: Nice use of the Rotta head/body/plastic green blob with a face on it :thumbup:

Actually no. The area between the sides and under the slope is all hollow so his tail fits in nicely with him. All part of the design. :grin:

Thank you.

Is he Jabba's skinny cousin? :laugh: The speeder really captures the feel for what would be a Tatooine theme. Very creative and nicely done. Now as for your jedi, that combination is something I would've never have thought of. Very clever and unique! Keep it up! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot!

great minifg!

THe speeder has a very neanderthal look to it with the horns.

great moc

Thank you. I wanted to make it look old and dull so I used brown, dark tan and bley and gave it horns. :classic:

OFF-TOPIC: I'm a Eurobricks Knight!

Edited by ADHO15

Nice bike! I like the dark tan, my favorite lego color. The jedi is... odd to say the least :tongue:

I like the jedi. The Rotta head looks funny. :tongue: Is the tail at the back attached somehow, or was it simply camera tricks? :laugh:

He looks exactly like the guy whos lurking in the corner of the cantina. :tongue:

i do really like the idea of using rottas body for a head! fantastic job :classic:

A very, very nice speeder, ADHO! ) :wink::thumbup:

Exellent job done! The speeder looks really good, and fits in SW perfectly! )

Though, I felt quite uneasy upon seeind two defeated BD! ) :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Just joling. ) Well done, please keep your nice MOCs up! ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

this is awesome! i really like it... he do's look a little odd... but i like the oddness. i reminds me of a friend i have! lol.

i really like how he looks and the tail is the most awesome thing i have seen on a jedi... i can just imagine him using it in a fight to take someone else out and stuff...

lol

speak soon

Teleri XD

Awesome job! How did you make the curved lightsaber?

Isn't it Count Dooku's?

x156.jpg

Actually, I thought it was Asaj Ventress's.

This

bb380.jpg

is hers.

Nice bike! I like the dark tan, my favorite lego color. The jedi is... odd to say the least :tongue:

Thank you. I like the colour, but I don't have very many parts in that colour, so I may have to break it up if I want to make another similarly-coloured MOC. :sad:

I'll give you that! :grin:

I like the jedi. The Rotta head looks funny. :tongue: Is the tail at the back attached somehow, or was it simply camera tricks? :laugh:

Thanks! The tail is attached through the miracle of Blu-Tac! :laugh: I couldn't find a suitable brick-built solution so I thought I'd try it out. It works very well. :thumbup:

He looks exactly like the guy whos lurking in the corner of the cantina. :tongue:

i do really like the idea of using rottas body for a head! fantastic job :classic:

He probably is. He's keeping a low-profile and doesn't want to be recognised. :tongue:

Thank you very much!

A very, very nice speeder, ADHO! ) :wink::thumbup:

Exellent job done! The speeder looks really good, and fits in SW perfectly! )

Though, I felt quite uneasy upon seeind two defeated BD! ) :hmpf_bad::laugh:

Just joling. ) Well done, please keep your nice MOCs up! ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Thanks a lot! :sweet:

I'm sorry about the battle droids. He is a Jedi and so he can't be killing clones or other Jedi. :wink:

this is awesome! i really like it... he do's look a little odd... but i like the oddness. i reminds me of a friend i have! lol.

i really like how he looks and the tail is the most awesome thing i have seen on a jedi... i can just imagine him using it in a fight to take someone else out and stuff...

lol

speak soon

Teleri XD

Thank you so much! Ha ha! I'm sure they wouldn't like to hear that!

Yes. He was a very good fighter.

Awesome job! How did you make the curved lightsaber?

Thanks! KimT was right:

Isn't it Count Dooku's?

Actually no. The area between the sides and under the slope is all hollow so his tail fits in nicely with him. All part of the design. :grin:

Smart idea :thumbup:

Amazing minifig and speeder bike MOCs ADHO15. Iespecially like that Jedi it has something awesome about it or maybe is just my love to this alien species from SW represented in a minifig :tongue::thumbup: . The speeder is awesome too, I like the details you add with the "spikes" that come out from the sides of the speeder :thumbup: .

Well done for a First MOC ADHO15! its Very very nice :wub:

I really LIKE the speeder :wub:

also i was wondering about that jedi in your avatar but now it makes sense :laugh: he looks good with Rotas head :sweet:

GREAT JOB :thumbup:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

Great use of Rotta. That is one mean looking speeder, it reminds me of a troll version of a speeder bike. Is that competition still running here to combine another theme with star wars? If so I reckon if you put a troll on it, it would be perfect.

Smart idea :thumbup:

Ta. :classic:

Amazing minifig and speeder bike MOCs ADHO15. Iespecially like that Jedi it has something awesome about it or maybe is just my love to this alien species from SW represented in a minifig :tongue::thumbup: . The speeder is awesome too, I like the details you add with the "spikes" that come out from the sides of the speeder :thumbup: .

Thanks a lot, darkrebellion! :grin:

Well done for a First MOC ADHO15! its Very very nice :wub:

I really LIKE the speeder :wub:

also i was wondering about that jedi in your avatar but now it makes sense :laugh: he looks good with Rotas head :sweet:

GREAT JOB :thumbup:

CommanderFox

Thank you very much!

Great use of Rotta. That is one mean looking speeder, it reminds me of a troll version of a speeder bike. Is that competition still running here to combine another theme with star wars? If so I reckon if you put a troll on it, it would be perfect.

Thanks! Good idea, but I don't have any of those trolls and it'd probably be too big to fit on. :tongue:

Seeing as yours is the only suggestion so far, posades, I guess his name stands as Ril-Daktoh.

Edited by ADHO15