tumblr_kv2hdodmha1qzb7ox.png

Hey Eurobricks Community' date='

A while ago I discovered the most amazing Indie game I know of, yes, it is Minecraft. An infinite sandbox game in which players construct and explore the world, you mine resources and then use them to fuel your imagination. It also uses advanced physics in the form of redstone which enables a more technical side of the game for those who wish for that. The game has surpassed the sales of 2,700,000 copies and has more than 10,000,000 signed up users on the site.

For those who don't know anything about Minecraft, look no further, I have all the information you need:

The Official Minecraft Site

The Minecraft Forums

The Yogscast- A Minecraft Famous Youtube Group

ArchMageMelek- A Youtuber whose videos I recommend.

So this thread is basically meant as a discussion topic on the game and to enable the EB users to be able to interact with other Minecraft enthusiasts. So whether you are a builder, an explorer or just want to know more about the game then post here and we can talk about all sorts of minecraft related stuff.

EUROBRICKS SERVER!

PM for server id

Hey everyone, I've set up a server for Eurobricks members to join. It's a freebuild "survival" server and anyone with a history in Eurobricks is welcome. Survival in the sense that it is a survival environment, but you are free to spawn materials to fund your creations.

Odsjy.jpg

My house. No fat chicks.

That's right, use a client side mod such as Too Many Items to give yourself whatever blocks you want to build whatever you want (within reasonable guidelines of course, no extreme profanity, racist material, etc) wherever you want (again, within reasonable guidelines, no building on top of others' creations, griefing, etc.)! Build the house of your dreams, or a castle! A boat? A palace? Anything you want!

lb6X1.jpg

Or a boatpalace.

The map has been made by myself using worldpainter, with a sea level of ~25. While that does mean that your mines will bottom out quicker, it does mean you can make your creations taller above ground.

doANg.jpg

The spawn building.

There are a bunch of commands for you to use on the server to help you get around, manage your inventory, and communicate with other players:

/god - invincibility. Don't worry about fire, lava pits or long falls.

/give <item ID> [quantity] - Give yourself an item. Install "Too many items" for easy use of this command.

/sethome - sets your home location.

/home - teleports you to your home location.

/tpa <playername> - Request to teleport to a player.

/tpahere <playername> - Request the teleportion of a player to your location.

/tpaccept, /tpyes - Accept the request of a player wishing to teleport to you / you to them.

/tpdeny, /tpno - Deny a teleport request.

/clearinventory, /ci - clear your inventory. Ditch all that worthless crap you spawned earlier.

/tell, /t, /m <playername> [message] - Send a private message to a player.

/warp <warpname> - Teleport to a predetermined location. Not listing a warp will list the available warps.

/time <day|night> - set time.

/list - view names of the players online.

Warps are kept for settlements. If you're making a town, ask a mod for a warp point. Otherwise, use /home and /back.

So explore the map and find a nice spot for you. To make this easier there are a series of roads to traverse the continent with. Branch off from one and build your estate, or build a home for yourself in the town.

Amy53.jpg

Complete with infrastructure!

To join, just send me a private message with your Minecraft username. I'll add you as soon as I can to give you access to the advanced commands.

t3Wd8.jpg

What are you waiting for, go and build!

Edited by Hinckley
Text over size three violates the SIte Guidelines

tumblr_kv2hdodmha1qzb7ox.png

Hey Eurobricks Community,

A while ago I discovered the most amazing Indie game I know of, yes, it is Minecraft. An infinite sandbox game in which players construct and explore the world, you mine resources and then use them to fuel your imagination. It also uses advanced physics in the form of redstone which enables a more technical side of the game for those who wish for that. The game has surpassed the sales of 2,700,000 copies and has more than 10,000,000 signed up users on the site.

For those who don't know anything about Minecraft, look no further, I have all the information you need:

The Official Minecraft Site

The Minecraft Forums

The Yogscast- A Minecraft Famous Youtube Group

ArchMageMelek- A Youtuber whose videos I recommend.

So this thread is basically meant as a discussion topic on the game and to enable the EB users to be able to interact with other Minecraft enthusiasts. So whether you are a builder, an explorer or just want to know more about the game then post here and we can talk about all sorts of minecraft related stuff.

Minecraft Eurobricks Server

Thanks to the very generous member and Minecraft player pinioncorp we now have an EB server for all EB's users to play on. At the moment it is still being set up and as a trial, but feel free to come along and develop the server. Below is the server address:

sc23.servercraft.co:2957

Yours

Eskallon

Edited by Eskallon

I was wondering when this would come up default_laugh_new.gif

I play minecraft a lot. I've been building a fairly large Medeival world, currently.

Yep! I play! I use a private server though, and it would be cool if there was a Eurobricks server as well. I know there are website-hosted servers like Digg and Reddit, and I also know that Eurobricks has things like an LU guild, so, maybe a EB server could be established.

Yes..... finally. :devil:

I've been play it since.... well, bought it just before Beta 1.5 came out.

I don't play 'legitly', though.

I use MCedit and INVedit regularly.

However, I can never figure out how to use mods or texture packs.

I'm not exactly a computer wizard.........

I do like Jay Sathe's idea of an EB server, though.

I've been looking for one recently, as the one I was playing on got shutdown over the Brohoster Incident.

I don't play 'legitly', though.

Modding is easy! You just need to follow the "how-to install" section for each mod and follow it very carefully. Also, instead of INVedit, I highly reccommend TooManyItems, as it is very well integrated into Minecraft and super easy to use.

I'm guilty of playing Minecraft, I have been playing for a few weeks and I can say the game is quite fun.

If someone made a EB server, I'd join. :thumbup:

I dont play Minecraft (Yet). But i am dreaming at one day i am able to buy it. Theres only one thing wich makes it impossible: The memory of my PC is full. :laugh:

I have large and huge plans what to build and ho to build, if i would play it. So im more builder type than explorer.

Captain Becker

EDIT: One tiny spelling error.

Edited by Captain Becker

If someone made a EB server, I'd join. :thumbup:

That is a good idea, I too would love an EB server but my computer could handle about 5 people so it is not very practicle. If anyone thinks they would be able too PM me, I say go for it and make it EB whitelisted. However for now we should cross our fingers.

So what kind of things do you build my fellow minecraftians? I like to build medieval cities and right now I am in the process of just that but with a huge church right now the highlight of the city.

Edited by Eskallon

My nephew tried to get me to play. It went something like this:

Me: what's it about?

Him: it's not about anything.

Me: so what do you do?

Him: what do you want to do?

Me: play something else.

Him: just try it, it's cool.

Me: fine, show me.

Me: what the hell is that?

Him: a cow.

Me: no, really, what is that?

Him: a cow.

Me: so what do I do now?

Him: what do you want to do?

Me: [gave him the "I'm going to smack you" look]

Him: go to the tree and push the button.

Me: [walks up to tree and pushes button, swings and hits tree] And?

Him: push the button again.

Me: [pushes again] AND?

Him: hold the button down!

Me: [chops chunk out of tree] Why is the rest of the tree floating there now?

Him: the game's not really finished yet.

Me: Now what?

Him: build something.

Me: How?

By that point, a zombie comes up behind me and kills me.

What fun.

I can see how this could be fun, really, but I don't have enough time to live a "second life."

Hmm, I see what you mean, you really need to see how much fun it can be first. Go watch some yogscast videos as linked to in the OP and I am sure you will want to find out more about it. :classic:

Okay, when I first saw my friends playing this game, I asked if they were serious. However I recently downloaded an app on my iPhone called 'Eden'. It's essentially Minecraft simplified. I'm hooked. I think it's time for a step up.

Edited by The crazy one

Hey Guys,

Here is a video of someone playing a custom map which I myself made for minecraft. It is called The Collection and well here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZURv469GRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Feyjp4vZVs

I wasn't going to post anything about the map but I thought you guys might have wanted to see a bit of Minecraft in action.

Eskallon

By that point, a zombie comes up behind me and kills me.

What fun.

:laugh:

Well, I play it, which is possibly because it gives me the ability to make what I couldn't in real life (I'm a hopeless MOCer as I hardly have any spare pieces).

The "problem" with Minecraft, as most see it, is that it looks too simple and somewhat primitive, but I actually prefer the look of the game.

But yes, I've had the game since Beta 1.5 or so.

I. Love. Minecraft.

Uh, :look: .

It's very enjoyable for me, especially when I'm away and can't build with my LEGO :) !

I've done the vanilla, build your world, dig the mines forever, get lost in the mines forever, finally get out, build more stuff, oops, I need MORE of this block, go get lost for another four hours thing.

Now I mod my game and have fun building whatever I want with TooManyItems and using other mods to make for an even more fun game.

Right now I'm having a ball with redstone circuitry, trying to build whatever I can with it. I love pistons. Did I mention I love pistons? I'll say it again, just so you know. I love pistons.

Addicted, me?

Noooooooooo :look::grin:

I also support an EB server.

I love making vast underground caves with enormous entrances and lots of different tunnels and view points. All my work is underground.

I needed to share that.

The idea of an EB server would be nice. I'll work on something in the meantime in preparation for this, if it ever becomes reality. :classic:

I was going to post a seperate topic but why not, I'll just post it here,

Made it to BZP's frontpage, check it out.

And, I am part of the team now for it

SNIP

Made it to BZP's frontpage, check it out.

And, I am part of the team now for it

I cannot wait for this. Looks so good.

Oh, wow! Brings back memories. Nice skins, too.

Speaking of which, I've finished what I was working on yesterday...

minecraft_eb_skin.png

...The "official" Eurobricks skin! :classic:

I tried to replicate the logo as accurately as possible, and I think I done okay.

I'll post a download link for the skin soon.

Speaking of which, I've finished what I was working on yesterday...

Looks good,

I am currently working on Hogwarts in Minecraft so expect some images at some point.

I cant get enough of this song. To all you who loves Minecraft. (Even if you dont actually play it).

Captain Becker