stefan_betula_pendula

Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4 50th Anniversario

Hello everyone,

I would like to show you my latest MOC, a Lamborghini Aventador LP 720-4 50th Anniversario in the scale 1:10. Since the real life release of the Aventador I’m really fascinated by this car. The model has about 2.470 parts (without ribbed hoses, rigid hoses and soft axles) and it took me 3 month to build it.

The model features:

- Full independent suspension

- V12 engine

- 5+R all wheel drive transmission gearbox (the gearbox is a modified version of the gearbox from Crowkiller’s Vampire GT)

- Functional steering wheel

- Opening leaf doors with damped shock absorbers

- Opening hood

I used a blueprint of the Aventador and Sariel’s Scaler Tool for scaling the model which both were very useful.

The whole model was designed in LDD in the first way.

I already know the well-designed and functional Aventador of Francisco Hartley and I tried to build my version as different as possible which wasn’t easy when looking at some details. That’s also the reason why I decided to build the limited edition that differs a lot from the normal version of the Aventador. Fortunately I got around of the use of the horrible expensive Technic Connector #4 in yellow.

Instead of original soft axles I used third party pneumatic hoses.

More pictures as well as building instructions are available in my Bricksafe Gallery.

That’s all, I want to say thank you to all who gave me inspiration and I hope you like it.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x600.jpg

Regards, Stefan

Edited by stefan_betula_pendula

I dont like panels...but this is one bad a*s car! Very well done. Looks very solid and "full". :thumbup:

Edited by Milan

dougstar: :)

The final version, instead of original soft axles I used third party pneumatic hoses:

Amazing details. I love the engine, and you have really captured the soul of the Aventador! I would love to have instructions...

-ED-

Very smooth lines :thumbup:

+1 for the 'spokes'.

I suppose it is possible to replace the pneumatic tubing by yellow soft axles, right?

What are the black pieces in the rear window?

I like it a lot. A real supercar.

Thank you very much for the positive feedback!

Yes, you can replace all pneumatic hoses with original soft axles. But referring to yellow third party hoses are much cheaper... :laugh:

The black parts of the hood are 10 technic panels #1/#2 and 6 1x2 slopes with 4 slots.

Those last two pictures are just magical, I can see the car perfectly. I would love to see a video walk around.

tim

Thanks so far!

The best Technic supercar MOC so far this year! :wink::thumbup:

Only 356 days left... :grin:

I would love to see a video walk around.

I will try it with a RC turntable.

Wow, I love it! :wub:

I first saw it on brickshelf and was really impressed. I think it deserves the Hall of Fame. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I second the HoF vote!

I followed your WIP thread in the german forum. Very impressive final result which easily belongs to the Top 5 Real supercars i have ever seen because a perfect symbiosis of function and form.

You have admirable building skills!

May i ask you if it is possible to share the LDD?

Always glad to see my scaler helping someone :) The car looks great and your idea for rims is awesome!

I have been watching this progress on brickshelf for a few months now. Great car and a great color scheme. Does it also use the same suspension/axle set up from the vampire gt?

Amazing!...why did you not use official Lego flexible hoses?...availability?...i now there are 19L Yellow hoses...maybe you could not get the parts or in the right length?

Everything else looks superb and outstanding level of detail....the Yellow raelly works and stands out.

I think Red and Black Lambo's are way too common.