ms09

NXT Quard Track Mobile Tank

NXT controlled robot tank which automatically searches for targets and attacks, while evades large obstacles. It can be manually switched between normal mode and night mode.

Main components include: one NXT brick, three servo motors, one ultrasonic sensor, one light sensor and one touch sensor.

All loading wheels have individual suspension. Two propulsion motors are located in front part and driving power is being transmitted to rear tracks via two Technic Universal Joint 3L. The front and rear parts are linked in a flexible and stable way.

Programming platform is NXT-G still.

1284805962m_DISPLAY.jpg

1284805967m_DISPLAY.jpg

1284805973m_DISPLAY.jpg

1284805978m_DISPLAY.jpg

1284805983m_DISPLAY.jpg

1284805992m_DISPLAY.jpg

1284805997m_DISPLAY.jpg

1284806002m_DISPLAY.jpg

1284805986m_DISPLAY.jpg

Cool! Did you submit this as an entry for the September 2010 Lego Technic Challange? I like the hinged body so that it can closely follow the terrain, and the rotating Gattling Guns are innovative! Now, "Search and Destroy" all Bionicles! :thumbup:

Cool! Did you submit this as an entry for the September 2010 Lego Technic Challange? I like the hinged body so that it can closely follow the terrain, and the rotating Gattling Guns are innovative! Now, "Search and Destroy" all Bionicles! :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments!

No, I didn't submit this for Lego Technic Challange as weapon is never a favorite topic for TLG.

Bionicle is good target, but I don't have a single one currently.

@ ms09: I think the folks at NXTasy.org would like to hear about your NXT tank, and the programming you developed for it: http://forums.nxtasy.org/index.php?showforum=10 . :thumbup:

Thanks for the information! That is also an interesting forum which I missed before.

Wow! Thats so amazing and cool! Nice work :thumbup::classic: .

Someone should totally frontpage this.

Thanks for your comment!

wow that is cool

I am glad that you like it.

I love the guns.

Thanks, that is the most frequently used gun in my MOCs.

VERY VERY COOL!

Thanks for your comment! Actually there was an unsuccessful NXT&RC version which had more function but less reliability.

5007781782_b4191b5c02_m.jpg5007781786_2a88cab4ca_m.jpg5007781796_16d5d3f0ef_m.jpg5007781800_a948dd5661_m.jpg

I like the tank and the idea overall. Looks very sleek and destructive. One question. Where did you get the tracks? And where is the best place TO go?

Hi Technic, welcome to Eurobricks, those tracks come in 2 versions: the oldĀ onesĀ http://rebrickable.com/parts/57518Ā (serial number is 57518), and the newĀ ones http://rebrickable.com/parts/88323, with that number you can search in several Lego pieces stores to buy them and in a certain quantity of colors; for example in bricklink:Ā https://www.bricklink.com/v2/main.page, just write the serial number of the pieces, select the color in the lower window, and you can search for the nearest store, the lowest price, the best condition, etc,Ā (i also recommend to ask to members by personal messages or open a new topic to get the information, because posting in a 6 years old topic without giving any helpful or important information is frowned upon by the community, it is just a tip for further replies :wink:, of course youĀ wouldn'tĀ know that because this is your first post, so donĀ“t feel bad for that), so, good luck finding the parts you need.

This is awesome, Ā reminds me of command and Conquer Red Alert from back in the day. :) Ā very coolĀ 

Is there any building instructions for the gun? I am trying to build a tank and I really like the gun

This post is from 1010 (8 years old), and the OP was last on Eurobricks last November, chances are they aren't around anymore.

Hey, it says you can bumpĀ if you have something to add to the conversation.

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Hey, it says you can bumpĀ if you have something to add to the conversation.

Oh, missed that, my bad.

Edited by XtremeBuilder
Attack on the typos was a success!

46 minutes ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Oh, missed that, my bad.

Except, this is pretty unnecessary.