KimT

Battle Pack Contest Rules & Discussion

Banner500.jpg

"Design the Battle Pack of your dreams!"

Rules Of Entry:

• 4 Minifigs - brickbuilt minifigs counts a minifig (no more, no less).
  • 50-70 Parts (minifigs not included).
  • Custom minifigs and accessories allowed (Brickforge, Brickarms and so forth).
  • No clone brand parts (megablocks, blocko and so forth).
  • No baseplates (or large parts like BURP).
  • S@H-like Description (check the descriptions on shop.lego.com for inspiration).
  • Own motivation for creating set (why these figs and accessories?).
  • Max 5 pictures from different angles - One of which should be a box diplay/image.
  • Please include a link to off-site folder with more pics or higher resolution pictures (optional).
  • Max picture resolution is 800x600.
  • No large parts - it's a Battle Pack and should resemble existing BP's in size and contents.
  • Only one entry per member.
  • 'Real' entries only - no digital entries.
  • Entry has to be a new MOC.

Contest ends on Wednesday 30th of September at 2100 CET.

• Entries posted after the deadline are disqualified.
  • Entries that doesn't live up to the rules after the deadline are disqualified.
  • All entries will be indexed - this does not mean they are qualified or 'good' enough.
  • In the week up to the deadline all entries will be looked over and requirements to comply with the rules will be posted in the entry's topic.
  • All entries are considered WIP's (work in progress). An entry can be changed as many times as the poster wishes before the deadline.
  • All entries are to be posted as individual topics with the following in the topic's subtitle: "Battle Pack Contest Entry"
  • When the deadline has been reached a vote topic for the qualified entries will be made.
  • More on the vote rules when that time comes.
  • Comments and suggestions on entries are more than welcome.

Reviews meant as inspiration for what to include in a Battlepack:

7654.gif7655.gif7667.gif7667.gif7668.gif

7668.gif7668.gif8014.jpg8014.jpg8014.jpg

8014.jpg8015.jpg8015.jpg8015.jpg

Prizes to be won:

1st Place Prize is:

66308.jpg 66308 Superpack 3in1 and the Eurobricks Stormtrooper

2nd Place Prize is:

8028.jpg 8028 Tie Fighter plus either the EB Clone Wars Obi Wan Kenobi Keychain or the EB Stormtrooper

3rd Place Prize:

What 2nd place winner didn't choose.

Check the custom prizes here.

Cool contest KimT! You have got some really impressive prizes up for grabs. This looks like its going to be an awesome contest and better get a head start on my entry

I better start brainstorming for mine, OT or PT? hmm :sceptic:

Interesting contest KimT :thumbup:

Hopefully I'll be able to make the time to make an entry - I know what's needed as far as the Lego universe is concerned :wink:

(and, no, it's not the bleeding obvious OT :tongue: )

I agree with InSeRt NaMe HeRe. does it have to be a Star Wars battle pack? cos I have no Star Wars parts whatsoever ^__^ Can it be a Steampunk or RAMM battlepack?

Edited by Raphy

Logic dictates, that it being a STAR WARS Battlepack Contest, it should be star wars related. But, I have been wrong before. Kimmy, what is it?

Alredy have a first prototype entry ready.  :thumbup: Good luck to all.

Stauder.

Very good contest KimT. I will have to enter this one, as I too have an idea. For clarification's sake, though, it can be a non-cannon Star Wars vehicle? Thank you for this great contest, I will have to get building immediately.

Same question as everyone - Does the entry have to fit in with Star Wars canon and theme, or can it be based on any theme provided that it follows the principles of a battlepack with a Star Wars-esc vehicle.

This contest could definitely bring out a nice Indianna Jones battlepack entry, or a Space Police Alien pack, however I'm thinking that the non-Star Wars might make it too much like the previous contest. :sceptic:

Very good idea. :thumbup: So should the models be aesthetically pleasing, and basic? :look: Most BPs have been that way.

I already have the figs finished. Now all I need to do is choose... I made 8 figs in stead of 4...

Edited by badboytje88

Very cool contest, Kim! I'll be sure to enter it, when I've got time. To the people who want to make battle packs for other themes, this is the SW forum! Of course not! Go make your own contest! Shoo! :laugh: BTW, four of the reviews you cited are mine. :blush:

Best contest ever.

I search for a good BP idea.

Just as a side question: If someone wants to make a Battlepack of a soldier-class, but only has got 1 and wants to include said standard count of 4, is it allowed to photoshop them in the picture?

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Question - Is this ""box display image" just a photo set up to look like one similar to the sets image? Or must it have all of the graphics that we see on the front of a box? If that is a little difficult to understand, how about this - "Is Photoshop required to create a box display image?"

Question - Is this ""box display image" just a photo set up to look like one similar to the sets image? Or must it have all of the graphics that we see on the front of a box? If that is a little difficult to understand, how about this - "Is Photoshop required to create a box display image?"

I think all that means is a good display image that shows a whole shot of the set. You don't have to add any fancy Box markings or anything.

Okay I really have a good idea for this contest but I want to know something.

When you (KmT) say that customs are allowed does that include sharpied lego pieces.

I know this might be a stupid question but must it be star wars? :cry_sad:

Of course it has to be Star Wars...

Be that canon or a made up battle pack.

Very good idea. :thumbup: So should the models be aesthetically pleasing, and basic? :look: Most BPs have been that way.

Yes

Best contest ever.

I search for a good BP idea.

Just as a side question: If someone wants to make a Battlepack of a soldier-class, but only has got 1 and wants to include said standard count of 4, is it allowed to photoshop them in the picture?

Yes, you may photoshop to some extent.

Okay I really have a good idea for this contest but I want to know something.

When you (KmT) say that customs are allowed does that include sharpied lego pieces.

Using sharpie is considered customizing the figs, so that would be a yes.

AH I love it! I've always said TLC need to design some better Battle Packs. Now is the time to show them what we'd like to see! :cry_happy::thumbup:

Well, this is not exactly what I was hoping for, but still a very nice contest. :classic: And the prizes are outstanding! :oh: Thanks for that, KimT! I'll gladly enter as soon as I have time.

Yes, you may photoshop to some extent.

How about using Photoshop to recolor figs instead of a sharpie?

Well, this is not exactly what I was hoping for, but still a very nice contest. :classic: And the prizes are outstanding! :oh: Thanks for that, KimT! I'll gladly enter as soon as I have time.

How about using Photoshop to recolor figs instead of a sharpie?

Yes that too.

I think all that means is a good display image that shows a whole shot of the set. You don't have to add any fancy Box markings or anything.

Exactly. No need for box design (though it would be awesome).

Just a photo showing what's in the box.

Just like the 'real' box front pictures.