Cousarmy0001

Curtain Quest

So I'm working on a colonial display, and I'm looking to put brick built curtains in a very large room. I've got a basic design in LDD, but since they're all pretty much just a single row of bricks, I'm not certain it will actually look good when it's actually built:

25816228404_cdc40f5594.jpg

I've been watching this forum for quite some time, and I can't say I've seen anybody post any buildings that have curtains on their interiors. Do any of you have curtains in an MOC or official set, or do any of you have suggestions for building them?

I too like yours. You've got a good shape and the "dogs" (is that the right term. Those things that hold the curtain open. Im thinking shutter dogs) are a nice touch.

IMHO as long as they are background you don't need a lot of detail, so what you have already would work well if it were well rendered or in real-bricks.

Where you really want to be looking is over in Town.

I've realized that I'm going to have to pick a different color. I looked up dark green 1x6 bricks on Bricklink (Lego only has 1x4s) and they're running about $10 each.

Which really sucks for one of the buildings I have, that was going to be made almost entirely of dark green 1x6s...

Anyhow, thank you for the encouragement. I don't know the term for the curtain holders, but "dogs" works for me. Kolonial, those are a little bit small, but I can probably use that on some of my other buildings. I really like the bust as well, I'm quite sure I can use that.

Actually, the more I look at your picture, the more things I see that I'm pretty sure I'll steal from you pirate_laugh2.gif

"Dogs" is a great term, although I've always heard them called "tie-backs" or sometimes "hold-backs." I do like the way "curtain dogs" sounds though...

Maybe have a look into the following sets that use curtains:

Classic Bat Cave

Green Grocer

Technically they are cloth: Volkswagen Camper Van

The aforementioned Valentine's Dinner (thanks Exetrius!)

Bike Shop and Cafe

Etc.

Hope this helps?