Velouria

MOC: The Fire Elves' Smithy and Magical Shoppe

This one has been around for a while, as is evidenced by all the dust! I made this before anything was known about the 2016 Elves range.

It sits on the edge of a dark forest...where lava comes to the surface next to a charred tree and makes the lake boil. Any adventurer would be wise not to go beyond this place unprepared. But fortunately, the industrious Fire Elves have everything you need....If you can afford to pay the price!

25252304091_95444e4e19_h.jpg

The lush and green front yard welcomes the tired traveler with comfortable seats and a small outlet that sells refreshments. The flaming tower and steam coming from the lake make that it is easy to see from afar. What treasures could be down the bronze paved path that leads to the front door?

25345376255_1b09fc827f_h.jpg

24977703039_6a70fc101e_h.jpg

A small play feature hides under a branch

25049730080_3c89f64c3c_h.jpg

There's a lot going on in the back!

25227045792_b22c7afd38_h.jpg

A stair leads up to the living quarters, which include a very snug little kitchen.

24714647694_ee47609615_h.jpg

There is a drawbridge that can be withdrawn in times of trouble. It does not make a whole lot of sense at that spot, though :D

24718505983_379d652661_h.jpg

The upstairs apartment has all the usual furnishings and a small attic space.

24714487584_6dad7a0774_h.jpg

Downstairs is the smith's workshop. She has plenty of tools and a huge anvil. The molten lava serves as source of heat, and a water basin is used to temper the steel.

24714615474_6af6f19e30_h.jpg

25226964002_0d5da5959c_h.jpg

Next door is the shop, where every magical object imaginable is available for the right price. A collection of maps fills the back wall, an in between are racks of weapons, jewels, potions and chalices.

24714572674_fb1c67702e_h.jpg

24718387563_a8c07a0ee7_h.jpg

25226862112_7492e4bbd9_h.jpg

So that's it. I see a few things that I would do different now, like the tight situation with the stairs. I may rework it some day :)

Awww, That's gorgeous! Espesially I like the white tower and boiling water here, and facade of house have very accurate style. I think that if elves theme would get closer to classical fantasy style, it will be something like this :) Golden weapons from Ninjago perfectly fit here.

I am very lucky to have a Lego store in cycling distance with "build your own minifigure" bins that offer lots of accessories. Rummaged trough them a lot for this! Love those little Celtic knot shields...

Aww, you're so lucky. My nearest Lego store is over 2 hours away by car. Spectacular building, as always! I love all the little details you've added.

This is a very fun build and my daughter will be very inspired by this when I show her, later. My favourite part is the charred tree, lava and steam rising from the river!! I agree that this fits in very well with the theme.

Beautiful creation ! Nice job ! The flaming tower, lots of accessories, and the bridge. That's gorgeous !

This is such a lovely build. Love all the features and details, like the bubbling water next to the lava pit. You've captured the fantasy theme very nicely in the building and tower.

This is a great build! The front of the building, the tree to the side, the workplace with tons of stuff and the bed look nice and have mostly retained the Elves line design features. Nice use of the printed 2x2 inverted tiles form the The Hobbit game, too! :thumbup:

And oh my, you are blessed with living so close to a Lego Store! If only... :look:

*sudden realisation* There's only one Lego Store in Belgium, Wijnegem, which happens to be also the nearest one for me! The thing is, it's too far to cycle from where I live, I don't have a car and going with public transport is a pain. I should have decided to study in Antwerp... :tongue:

Edited by Exetrius

the bed comes from set 41061, Jamine's Exotic Palace. So does the magic lamp!

As for the lego store, yes, I realize I am lucky. But I don't like going there, and I don't like buying there at all. So much so that I buy sets elsewhere at a higher price when needed...Sigh.

Yes, it's Wijnegem for me too. I'm a Dutch expat living in central Antwerp- where are you at?

Edited by Velouria

Yes, it's Wijnegem for me too. I'm a Dutch expat living in central Antwerp- where are you at?

I live in Hoek, next to Terneuzen, studying in Vlissingen. It's not that there are no good stores to buy LEGO nearby, but I just love that compose-a-minifig part! ;)