Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

MOC: Welcome to Sava Railways

That is really pretty darn good.

It has "something" that force me just to stare at it! Great!

Looks gooood!

Tony, I've stared at each one of your locs for hours, marvelling at their beauty... Seeing them lined up side by side like this however adds a whole new dimension to your train MOCs... That's just top-notch mate.

That is really pretty darn good.

It has "something" that force me just to stare at it! Great!

Looks gooood!

Thanks much!

Looks great SavaTheAggie! Now where's your website to put this image on? *points to ZulooWeb link in signature* :laugh:

Thanks! I do have a website devoted to my Castle MOCs, but I've left Flickr and MOCpages deal with the traffic for my train MOCs.

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/415

I've thought about creating a website for Sava Railways, it might be fun, but it'll have to wait. I've got at least three steam engines in the works right now (two rebuilds, one from scratch) with a possible two more on the way, plus all the rolling stock and trackside buildings I want to put together. My plate is full!

You're playing in 10-wide now, too?! EEEEEEEEEEEK!

In all seriousness, welcome to the Big Leagues...

I've been playing with 10-wide for quite some time now.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29807

Well, holy circlet! That so awsome! Being an American Steamer Guy, I just adore this.

Thanks much! I've always been a fan of American Steam, and to a lesser extend Russian steam as well. My American eyes look on European and Brittish steam without rail guards/cow catchers and cringe. :)

Tony, I've stared at each one of your locs for hours, marvelling at their beauty... Seeing them lined up side by side like this however adds a whole new dimension to your train MOCs... That's just top-notch mate.

Thanks much! I've tried long and hard to get some nice group shots before, but this one certainly is the best of the lot.

--Tony

Tony: you truly are a master of these old steam engines. I especially like how you rendered your set of top notch locos based on the photo. Great front ends! Do we get to see some of the fine details?

EDIT: oh, strike that last question - I'm looking at them now on MOCpages. :wub:

Tony: you truly are a master of these old steam engines. I especially like how you rendered your set of top notch locos based on the photo. Great front ends! Do we get to see some of the fine details?

EDIT: oh, strike that last question - I'm looking at them now on MOCpages. :wub:

You know, I've often wondered if I get ignored here on Eurobricks, since many of my MOC posts only get a few replies, whereas others posted at the same time get many more. I've been writing it off as people just don't have anything to say.

But for a forum moderator to ask if you get to see fine details (even with the edited comment) even though each one of those trains has been posted here to Eurobricks, with links to full galleries with pictures of them from every angle, just takes the cake. Is there a general distaste for American locomotives here at Eurobricks, or just mine?

--Tony

You know, I've often wondered if I get ignored here on Eurobricks, since many of my MOC posts only get a few replies, whereas others posted at the same time get many more. I've been writing it off as people just don't have anything to say.

Tony, I can't think of any reason why your MOCs would be ignored. I sometimes visit Train Tech (not that very often) and find your MOCs amongst the best which I've seen in here. Not being a train expert, I do have a preference for American trains designs as our European versions often look a bit boring (the train which I take every morning is a good example of boring).

But for a forum moderator to ask if you get to see fine details (even with the edited comment) even though each one of those trains has been posted here to Eurobricks, with links to full galleries with pictures of them from every angle, just takes the cake. Is there a general distaste for American locomotives here at Eurobricks, or just mine?

I'm sorry you feel that way Tony, esp. after trying to acknowledge your talent. When I first saw your post, I thought these were new locomotives; thus asking for details. I then realized these were the ones you've already created (editing my post).

In fact, American locomotives are some of my personal favorites - I appreciate these vintage steamers.

I'm a bit taken back by the harshness of your message after responding in what I thought was a positive manner. While I try to make sure all posts here on EB get a response, I didn't think that yours were being neglected. In fact, I think that I've indexed each and every one.

Tony, your initial presumption about not having anything to say was pretty much spot on. Your locs seem to be too good to be commented on for users who like to point out what they think are the shortcomings of certain MOCs and how they could be improved. Seeing as you put so much time and effort in yours, it is only fair that you achieve a result that borders on perfection... every time. Besides, bear in mind that "Train Tech" is relatively new here on EB and this part of the forum still needs some time before it starts running in full swing - as you can tell, most "Town" & "City" fans _love_ to comment on threads such as new sets or suggestions for such and spend most of their time there... Give it time my friend.

And you can most definitely rest assured that those of us who REALLY enjoy trains around here have spent quite some time over at your MOCpages account, checking out the details of those steamers. In fact, ever since you posted this particular image, I've been looking out for any leaks of future roundhouse projects that you might start... I really think these babies deserve a place to call home, don't they?

I'm sorry you feel that way Tony, esp. after trying to acknowledge your talent. When I first saw your post, I thought these were new locomotives; thus asking for details. I then realized these were the ones you've already created (editing my post).

In fact, American locomotives are some of my personal favorites - I appreciate these vintage steamers.

I'm a bit taken back by the harshness of your message after responding in what I thought was a positive manner. While I try to make sure all posts here on EB get a response, I didn't think that yours were being neglected. In fact, I think that I've indexed each and every one.

My harshness is not directed at you, but it is out of frustration from my perception in my experiences here on Eurobricks. My most recent MOC, the PRR T1 for example, only has two replies, but as I said I had written that off as people not having anything to say.

And as for you putting each of my MOCs in the Train Tech, that is neither factual or correct. Perhaps you mean you've indexed every one I've posted since the Train Tech forum was started, which that is true. Not even Hinkley's list of Train and Town MOCs in the greater "LEGO Trains & Town" forum contains a complete list of my train MOCs I have posted.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7725 (First post to Eurobricks, I think)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7779 (Post had the MOC I was most proud of at the time, only got one reply, which is what started my frustration)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8555 (finished/cleaned up versions of some of the MOCs in the previous link

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8651

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9516

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10496

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11219

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11642

None of these have been indexed in either Hinkley's or your list, (your list is significantly shorter) nor do I expect you to add them. I'm not looking for accolades or attention, so I wonder why I'm even bothering to reply.

Tony, your initial presumption about not having anything to say was pretty much spot on. Your locs seem to be too good to be commented on for users who like to point out what they think are the shortcomings of certain MOCs and how they could be improved. Seeing as you put so much time and effort in yours, it is only fair that you achieve a result that borders on perfection... every time. Besides, bear in mind that "Train Tech" is relatively new here on EB and this part of the forum still needs some time before it starts running in full swing - as you can tell, most "Town" & "City" fans _love_ to comment on threads such as new sets or suggestions for such and spend most of their time there... Give it time my friend.

I view my train MOCs as far from perfect - otherwise I wouldn't be constantly editing them! :grin: But thank you for the kind words.

And you can most definitely rest assured that those of us who REALLY enjoy trains around here have spent quite some time over at your MOCpages account, checking out the details of those steamers. In fact, ever since you posted this particular image, I've been looking out for any leaks of future roundhouse projects that you might start... I really think these babies deserve a place to call home, don't they?

Good God, man! Do you know how big a round house that would have to be? (Not that I haven't thought about it, mind you... :wink: )

--Tony

Edited by SavaTheAggie

Perhaps you mean you've indexed every one I've posted since the Train Tech forum was started, which that is true.

That's what I was referring to.

I think you need to give Train Tech a chance. Your contest entry was one of so many, most of which only received a few comments due to the great volume.

I think TheOtters summed it up quite well. You're a fantastic builder that we all admire. At the same time, you might find that as others get to know you through your participation on different threads, others will recognize you and comment on your creations.

Good God, man! Do you know how big a round house that would have to be? (Not that I haven't thought about it, mind you... :wink: )

My thoughts precisely. If there's anyone to build a huge awesome roundhouse, it has to be you :sweet: