Interview With XwingYoda

21 replies to this topic

#1 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Member: 1134

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

Well, I pmed yoda, and here"s His say in the matter.The Stuff In bold is the stuff I added after the reply came back...   

Tks Staudie boy for interviewing me, the best admin ever lolololol. Lets keep that interview on the way and I hope you didn’t forget the bribe...

Why the name Xwingyoda?
Like you know, I am a real SW OT geek/nerd (or whatever) and I wanted to have a one of a kind & classic username. Therefore, I added one of my favorite rebel ships (if not my ultimate favorite) with my favorite character Yoda. Add both and voilŕ !!

Can we see pics of your lair where you keep your review victims?
Ah but my whole appartment is a big Lego lair hehe. Since I don’t have much space to display my models, I put them in big Ikea boxes.
OK so its time for a small Yoda review of my Lego shrines. Lets start by a view from my office. As you can see, sets everywhere. I’ve got my UCS shrine, my Batman shrine and storing boxes. In those 2 grey/yellow boxes are my OT SW Mfs (new colours) and all the parts I stored by colour are stored in those big Ikea boxes. On the 3 smaller boxes, 1 is for accessories, 1 for Mfs and the white one for SW parts.
Now lets enter the dressing room where I have stored a lot of SW sets. Its usually all the old coloured sets and some newer sets because I needed room (for instance there are 3 snowspeeders and 2 Awings in one of the boxes).
Lets focus on my room now. This is only for OT sets, and on the other one I have PT sets and all other themes in those Ikea boxes. As you can see, space is one of the AFOL’s worse enemy loool. Oh, how I wish I had a real Lego room...

How do you get sets so fast? Do you have friends in high places, a fast Lego shop, annoy the hell out of the employees or go in Rambo on them?
I just bribe the right persons  . In all seriousness, like I already explained before, Paris does not have a Lego store but a store selling only Lego and operated by Lego France. They usually are really good to get sets early, especially in january. However, they are not great regarding SW, but there is TRU which are great for january and may sets !! France really is terrible for august/september sets !! Look at me, I am the only SW fan that does not have any of the new sets !! Oh well, how I wish I could get medievil on their bottoms, both my Lego shop & TRU  

Is your mudhole house slimy?
Ah now you’re just beeing silly !!

What was the most anticipated set yet?
I think I have to say that magnificent Falcon (4504). I called my “Lego” shop everyday for like 2 weeks untill they received it. It was funny to hear that “oh no, not him again” voice. It was just after my returning from the US and from my dark age hehe. Now, awaiting for new set pics is really something I look for with much anticipation.

What was the biggest disapointment yet ?
Chambereing you at the time  What do you mean, EB community wise or Lego wise ?
EB wise it has to stay admin classified business only  . Lego wise there are so many hehe !! As a general statement, I am really fed up with spamming newbies and crappy members, but we do react quite promply now (insert heavy evil laugh)

What is your best moment here?
A really tough question. I am not sure I can answer that actually. So many great moments, so many great memories so far, and its only getting better !!

Am I annoying or what?
That is such a rethorical question...

Why did you stop posting in the Tie Army thread?

I still am internet less home and its getting harder to follow all what is happening in that thread !! Also, since those bloody rules due to crappy spammers who ruined the thtread’s great fun (and I am not naming anyone...yet...) I think its les fun. Having said that, when I’lll have my internet back, except a glorious return of GM Yoda (insert evil laugh once again).

How did you become an Admin here?
By the act of God (aka Jipay).

Who the hell actually owns this site?
God of course...  
What you are still here? Please go away...

Enjoy hehe  
And you can view the gallery of my lair here when moderated

Hope thats good for you  

Cheers

Thanks For the Time Yoda! Next time Its Copmike! Later Guys!  *y*

Stauder

Edited by Stauder, 14 June 2008 - 06:55 AM.

Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#2 dunamis

dunamis

• It's no good captain i canny reach!!!

Member: 226

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

This is a great idea!  This is the first interview I have seen (stupid work getting in the way of EB!) so I hope there will be more.

It's a great way to learn more about our members.

Interview On!
So much LEGO, so little time...

#3 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

• Member of the stwnfbjs Club

Member: 822

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:56 PM

GREAT idea these interview...
Fun to read and you learn something about other members.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#4 Holodoc

Holodoc

• Has finally seen the box

Member: 1094

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:37 PM

View PostBonaparte, on Sep 8 2007, 05:56 PM, said:

GREAT idea these interview...
Fun to read and you learn something about other members.
Yes, indeed. *y*
Interesting facts about our little green friend. *sweet*

I´m Looking forward to my swedish buddy Copmike! :'-)

EDIT: I just looked at your (already moderated) maj-folder,  *yoda* : You own a Santa Fe! 8-°  I never knew... - Yoda and trains - Great! *wub*  *y*
Even more interested in LEGO bricks & parts? Read Tim Johnson's (aka Caperberry) blog: Posted Image

#5 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

View Postdunamis, on Sep 8 2007, 07:27 PM, said:

This is a great idea!  This is the first interview I have seen (stupid work getting in the way of EB!) so I hope there will be more.

It's a great way to learn more about our members.

Interview On!

Here Is the first one I did. I plan At least 2 more. Im working on Copmikes, and am hoping to have Jipay and Vader Too.  :'-)
Posted Image
The above is a paid advertisement by EuroBricks News FLC (Fake LEGO Company). Eurobricks News FLC is 45% Stauder™ (The Annoying Parts), 25% ImperialShadows™ (The Funny Parts), 10% Whitefang™ (The Reviewsy Parts), 7% Zepher™ (The Female Parts... er...) and 7% Stash2Sixx™ (The Photographic Parts).

The previously stated ingredients of EuroBricks News FLC are a trade secret and if you tell anyone I will stab you. In the eye. With a titanium spork.
EuroBricks News FLC is a Trademark of the EB News Team. © EB News 2006 -THE FUTURE!™

#6 Ras 74

Ras 74

• Prince of PM´s

Member: 114

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

Another fun review Stauder  *y*
Looking forward to the next once.
I don´t think you should stop after those you planned.
This really is interesting.

*yoda* have 2 questions for you:
1. Do you play the guitar, or is there something special with them (one looks like someone wrote his/her name on it)?
2. Is your appartment also a pitstop (no wonder you don´t have space  :-P )? Who tire do you got there?
Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Please read the
Members Guidelines and check the Tutorials Index

Brickshelf Gallery

#7 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:34 AM

Nice Interview!

I imagined  *yoda* s home different though
Why all the guitars?
Nice ones though!
Storage problems here too
So much lego, too little space
Maybe If I'm interviewed I'll show you my problem spaces
Piranha

Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

#8 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:45 AM

Wow, I even got a mention!
under another name of course: Spamming Newbie!  :-D

Sorry  *yoda*  and guys, I'll have to stop that.

Anyway, a great and funny interview! Can't wait to see Vader's!

Batbrick Away!  >:-)

Edited by Batbrick, 09 September 2007 - 12:47 AM.

And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#9 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:49 AM

Still have to ask him if he will be willing. The next interview victim that is... The next one will come out next week, so you can digest this one.
Posted Image

#10 Aredhel

Aredhel

• Finally fathoms Wenglish

Member: 490

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:29 AM

The interviews are really nice idea! Really really cool! Hope to read much more in the future!

INTERVIEW ON!

-Aredhel
"The man in Black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" (the Dark Tower, Stephen King)

Posted Image

My Flickr

#11 Jipay

Jipay

• Steve Wet

Member: 1

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

Is BS down cause I can't see the pics  |-/ Oh whatever, I already know the place  X-D Excellent interview, from probably the most interesting member. But you've seen nothing. Yoda is someone you must see live

#12 CopMike

CopMike

• All your baseplate are belong to us

Member: 148

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:25 AM

Great inteview Stauder!

View Postjipay, on Sep 9 2007, 09:38 AM, said:

But you've seen nothing. Yoda is someone you must see live
E Pluribus Unum - amen to that >:-)!

Nice layout  *yoda* - I so envy that you have multiable of the same SW-sets built - mine are in boxes!

Interviews On

copmike

Posted Image

#13 xwingyoda

xwingyoda

Member: 255

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:29 PM

View PostRas 74, on Sep 8 2007, 09:42 PM, said:

*yoda* have 2 questions for you:
1. Do you play the guitar, or is there something special with them (one looks like someone wrote his/her name on it)?
Oh yes I do play, however I have to admit I haven't played a lot lately  |-/
The only good guitar picture here is my precious Ovation  *wub*
The one in the middle is a Brazilian custom and the third is a piece of crap I bought to get it autographed. For now the sigs are Yngwie Malmsteen who wrote "Play Fender" (rofl !!) and Aerosmith !! (at least Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and Tom Hamilton)  ;-)
I do have other way better guitars though as a Les Paul Studio and Studio Lite + a SG Special ( *wub* ).

View PostRas 74, on Sep 8 2007, 09:42 PM, said:

2. Is your appartment also a pitstop (no wonder you don´t have space  :-P )? Who tire do you got there?
Looool no !!
I always wanted a F1 tire to transform it as a coffee table but they cost like hell !!
When I lived in the US, there was a NASCAR shop where I bought Dale Jr's actual Tire used during Daytonna 500  ;-)

View PostPiranha, on Sep 9 2007, 12:34 AM, said:

I imagined  *yoda* s home different though
Loool, how would you have imagined it ? That gets me curious  :-P

*yoda*

#14 Sir Dillon

Sir Dillon

• Longs for the days of Wooden Ducks

Member: 435

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:52 AM

View Postxwingyoda, on Sep 9 2007, 11:29 PM, said:

I've always imagined it more like one giant room, with lots of mirrors and a large hot tub. X-D

Fun review Stauder, I enjoyed reading it. :-)
"I'm sorry, I don't have the time to build anything that doesn't directly promote me."

#15 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:18 AM

View PostSir Dillon, on Sep 9 2007, 11:52 PM, said:

I've always imagined it more like one giant room, with lots of mirrors and a large hot tub. X-D

... and a big bed shaped like a heart with red satin sheets and a fully stocked bar? ;-)

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#16 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:48 AM

View Postxwingyoda, on Sep 10 2007, 01:29 AM, said:

*yoda*
Personally I imagined a country house, not a appartment, because some pics from reviews seem to be on a wooden porch..  :-)
Posted Image

#17 Hinckley

Hinckley

• Kills for Cash?

Member: 486

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:19 AM

I imagined a posh re-habbed x-wing in front of the Eiffel tower!

Seriously, that is what I imagined :-P

#18 Vader

Vader

Member: 83

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:34 AM

You know having seen  *yoda* 's home i can tell you that he has an impressive amount of space for lego building. His guitars are displayed just in front of some of the better UCS sets, which is quite eye catching.

It's strange now when i see  *yoda* 's review pics as i can pretty much tell where they were taken, where as before i just had to imagine  :-D

If you ever get the chance to visit  *yoda*  then i would advise you do, he makes an excellent meal and like jipay said he's someone you must see live X-D

Oh and  *yoda*  i need my Grand Moff back, so get your internet sorted and engage hyperdrive to it :-P  ;-)

#19 Stauder

Stauder

• Beware, he's back!

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

View PostVader, on Sep 10 2007, 10:34 AM, said:

You know having seen  *yoda* 's home i can tell you that he has an impressive amount of space for lego building. His guitars are displayed just in front of some of the better UCS sets, which is quite eye catching.

It's strange now when i see  *yoda* 's review pics as i can pretty much tell where they were taken, where as before i just had to imagine  :-D

If you ever get the chance to visit  *yoda*  then i would advise you do, he makes an excellent meal and like jipay said he's someone you must see live X-D

Oh and  *yoda*  i need my Grand Moff back, so get your internet sorted and engage hyperdrive to it :-P  ;-)
Damn France For being so far away...  |-/   :'-(  Ahh well... So... Vader Im guessing you got the PM? Hehe... Now I might publish 2 at once... :-D Maybe we should make a index of these, like somone stated...

Edited by Stauder@55, 10 September 2007 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image

#20 iamded

iamded

• Cannot neigh to save his life.

Member: 1225

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

:-D Awesome! And cool guitars, *yoda*! Thanks for the interview Stauder and *yoda*, I like these, it's always fun to get to know your fellow members and AFOLs. Keep up the good reviews! *y*

Check out Eurobricks' RPG, Mafia and Wargames forum for the best fun.

#21 Shadows

Shadows

• Awesome, brilliant, not redundant.

Member: 1558

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

View PostVader, on Sep 10 2007, 03:34 AM, said:

If you ever get the chance to visit *yoda* then i would advise you do, he makes an excellent meal and like jipay said he's someone you must see live X-D

So what you're saying is that we should be sure to stay at his place if we happen to be visiting Paris anytime soon? I mean, knowing that my sleeping arrangements and food are taken care of, it might be an affordable trip.

Cheap Holiday On! *y*

Shadows is looking for stalkers. Yep, you heard me right. CLICKY!

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#22 Piranha

Piranha

• Tag! You're it

Member: 1506

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:12 AM

View Postxwingyoda, on Sep 9 2007, 01:29 PM, said:

*yoda*

I imagined a slimmy mudhole  :-P  :-D

(Joke) I will try and describe the complex thinking and pure clever thoughts of my wonder to science brain( :-P )

Just think of the Pimp King House
I imagined a Huge House with a Pool,Rock waterfall and lots of insane waterslides
Then a Hummer all pimped out with Hydro's and chrome spinners
With an aweosme paint job and kick-megablocks decals on the side
On the inside leather seating with 200DB dolby surround sound system

In the house the most awesome Pimpin Pad you have ever seen
-Sony 50 Inch Plasma Flatscreen HD TV with PS3 and Xbox 360 Elite hooked up
- Enter the lego room,Every lego set possible with 100 copies of each
-Makes the Lego Vault look pathetic
-So many Sets that you require a 20inch thick solid titanium nano tube carbon steel vault door
Plus the most advanced security systems on the planet

Yup thats how I imagined it  :-D
Piranha

Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users