Jump to content


Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread


2704 replies to this topic  – Started by Oswald the Rabbit , Jul 23 2010 05:18 AM

#2626 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostLRDark, on 27 May 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

Each set had a yellow sticker on it, listing its retail price, followed by its marked down price. Additionally, they were all stacked on the shelf plastered with signs saying  "Take an additional 50% off!" which would've made them, roughly, 75% off  :thumbup:
I saw that shelf but sadly no LEGO.

Consider yourself lucky.

#2627 Erdbeereis

Erdbeereis
  • Not short in real life


    Posts: 6877
    Joined: 31-January 08
    Member: 2630
    Country: U.S.A.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

I almost never seem to have the same great deals in my stores that people often talk about. I don't have a K-mart, but I often hear of people mentioning great clearance deals at Target. At my Target the "clearance" prices are usually no more than 20% off.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#2628 sologuy369

sologuy369

    Posts: 692
    Joined: 07-July 09
    Member: 6609
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

View PostErdbeereis, on 29 May 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

I almost never seem to have the same great deals in my stores that people often talk about. I don't have a K-mart, but I often hear of people mentioning great clearance deals at Target. At my Target the "clearance" prices are usually no more than 20% off.
I was at my Target over the weekend and they had very whimpy sales... 20 cents off. The pirates sets weren't on sale like you guys were saying at Target.
-Everyone, feel to call me Mr. Solo!
-My Brickshelf

Posted Image

Future reviews... if I can learn how to upload pictures from My Pictures :>
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-Squidman's escape
-CW clone bp
-2004 speedboat
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
   -and way more!!!

-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.

#2629 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

View Postsologuy369, on 29 May 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

I was at my Target over the weekend and they had very whimpy sales... 20 cents off. The pirates sets weren't on sale like you guys were saying at Target.
I was recently there and noticed that to, it's like what's the point, the tax is more than 20 cents.

#2630 Wowplayer

Wowplayer

    Posts: 74
    Joined: 02-February 07
    Member: 1327
    Country: USA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

I don't have a Kmart locally (Southern Oregon), but Yesterday I was at my local Wal-Mart and was very excited to see that all the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego sets were on pretty heavy discount!!!

I ended up buying 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge for $79.99 and 4184 Black Pearl for $69.99. It made for a wonderful Memorial day surprise!

~Wowplayer

#2631 sologuy369

sologuy369

    Posts: 692
    Joined: 07-July 09
    Member: 6609
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostWowplayer, on 30 May 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

I don't have a Kmart locally (Southern Oregon), but Yesterday I was at my local Wal-Mart and was very excited to see that all the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego sets were on pretty heavy discount!!!

I ended up buying 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge for $79.99 and 4184 Black Pearl for $69.99. It made for a wonderful Memorial day surprise!

~Wowplayer
Good haul! :pir-blush:  

Are stores running out yet. I hope kmart still has a full stock :pir-tongue: . And is the Black Pearl still @ $25 USD?

Edited by sologuy369, 31 May 2012 - 08:15 PM.

-Everyone, feel to call me Mr. Solo!
-My Brickshelf

Posted Image

Future reviews... if I can learn how to upload pictures from My Pictures :>
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-Squidman's escape
-CW clone bp
-2004 speedboat
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
   -and way more!!!

-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.

#2632 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostWowplayer, on 30 May 2012 - 04:24 AM, said:

I don't have a Kmart locally (Southern Oregon), but Yesterday I was at my local Wal-Mart and was very excited to see that all the Pirates of the Caribbean Lego sets were on pretty heavy discount!!!

I ended up buying 4195 Queen Anne's Revenge for $79.99 and 4184 Black Pearl for $69.99. It made for a wonderful Memorial day surprise!

~Wowplayer
Dang, now I have to go out to all the Wal-Marts in town.

#2633 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1
  • Keeps the ending secret


    Posts: 1379
    Joined: 11-June 11
    Member: 18398
    Country: USA

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

I picked up the Queen Anne's Revenge for $79 at Walmart yesterday.  Great deal!
Never tell me the odds!

#2634 Lego-Freak_1996

Lego-Freak_1996

    Posts: 65
    Joined: 05-June 12
    Member: 29014
    Country: Germany

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

Could Lego bring out new Pirates of the Caribbean set next year (2013)?
Next year, a new Potc movie is comeing into the cinemas ant after that 2014 the second movie (6th movie)!
It would be very cool if Lego bring out new sets!
What are you thinking about that?
See you later Niklas :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

It's no game, it's a sport. Games are for people who don't care enough. In sports, you compete to win.- Kazuma Ikezawa

#2635 deskp

deskp

    Posts: 2990
    Joined: 19-August 10
    Member: 12681
    Country: Norway

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostLego-Freak_1996, on 06 June 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

Could Lego bring out new Pirates of the Caribbean set next year (2013)?
Next year, a new Potc movie is comeing into the cinemas ant after that 2014 the second movie (6th movie)!
It would be very cool if Lego bring out new sets!
What are you thinking about that?
See you later Niklas :)

There won't be a potc movie in 2013...     2014 at earliest.

Minifigure checklist from The hobbit and The lord of the rings


Posted Image

Petition to save lego LOTR here


#2636 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostLego-Freak_1996, on 06 June 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

Could Lego bring out new Pirates of the Caribbean set next year (2013)?
Next year, a new Potc movie is comeing into the cinemas ant after that 2014 the second movie (6th movie)!
Do you have any kind of proof or evidence to back this up? I'd like to believe it.

#2637 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1
  • Keeps the ending secret


    Posts: 1379
    Joined: 11-June 11
    Member: 18398
    Country: USA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

I'm sure he doesn't.  I check all the big movie news sites daily (Rotten Tomatoes, Collider, etc.) and there hasn't been any word on a new Pirates film for several months now.
Never tell me the odds!

#2638 GuntherThePenguin

GuntherThePenguin

    Posts: 338
    Joined: 14-November 11
    Member: 21862
    Country: USA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

There will be a 5th PotC film, and Johnny Depp will be back, but that is the only info there is. My source says that the first draft of the script was just barely being written, so I don't see the movie coming out any time next year.

#2639 adventuresinlego

adventuresinlego

    Posts: 123
    Joined: 25-May 12
    Member: 28817
    Country: Australia

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

The new title was just released today 'Pirates of the Caribbean: The Unsinking Cash-Cow. True facts.

#2640 Black Llama

Black Llama

    Posts: 32
    Joined: 10-March 11
    Member: 16500
    Country: USA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Our Wal Mart has the QAR on sale for 69.99. Sadly the Black Pearl has not gone on clearance yet. I already have my QAR but I'm hoping to get a Pearl for 49$ The store only has about 15 of them sitting on the shelf......

#2641 gedren_y

gedren_y

    Posts: 1036
    Joined: 03-November 10
    Member: 14064
    Country: USA

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

deskp and GuntherThePenguin are correct about PoTC 5. I just checked Johnny Depp's IMDb page and it lists him as filming The Lone Ranger with a 2013 release date. It lists PoTC 5 as announced, but has no release date and no other actors listed.

I do expect we will see more PoTC sets, though, considering the range of sceens and multiple ships from the previous movies not yet produced by TLG.

It is also likely that TLG will hold the PoTC lisence through the sixth movie, which it has been confirmed that Johnny Depp has been contracted for.

I hope TLG gets to work on some At Worlds End scenes. I would love to have a Captain Teague/Keith Richards figure.
Posted Image

#2642 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1
  • Keeps the ending secret


    Posts: 1379
    Joined: 11-June 11
    Member: 18398
    Country: USA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postgedren_y, on 08 June 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

deskp and GuntherThePenguin are correct about PoTC 5. I just checked Johnny Depp's IMDb page and it lists him as filming The Lone Ranger with a 2013 release date. It lists PoTC 5 as announced, but has no release date and no other actors listed.

IMDB is a great resource, but it doesn't mean entries should always be taken at face value.  The site is very good at keeping up with rumors and very early film developments. I've kept up with the film industry long enough to know that until a project is officially greenlit by the studio, anything can happen.  And plenty of films are scrapped even after the greenlight (The Lone Ranger, which you mentioned, nearly came down to this).  Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to make a 5th Pirates.  I just don't want to see anyone get their hopes too high only to see the film not happen.
Never tell me the odds!

#2643 Jack Bricker

Jack Bricker

    Posts: 621
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8047

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

I am really curious why the Flying Dutchman got cancelled as certainly seems the case since nobody has heard anything otherwise in a while.  I just doesn't make since unless Lego is planning to release it some time later or the model was really awful.  I kind of tend to think the former possibility is the case but, has anybody heard anything in these regards?  Do you think Lego is going to continue POTC at a later date or will they switch back to a more generic Pirates?

#2644 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!


    Posts: 1464
    Joined: 04-September 08
    Member: 3891
    Country: Belgium

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

It could be because it really was an awful model,
the black pearl set is easy, just a black hull with black sails.
But for the FD the color scheme alone is already problematic, the characteristic double galleries is kind of impossible to build decently at such small scale, the whole prow, etc.
Designing an FD set that can be sold at around 150$ and still look decent and accurate is a very big challenge I think.

Btw, I've been contacted by BrickQueen, very popular on youtube for her lego reviews, she wants to support my Cuusoo Flying Dutchman project,
that will give the project a boost I'm sure  :pir-classic:

Edited by Sebeus I, 10 June 2012 - 02:49 PM.


#2645 King of Nynrah

King of Nynrah

    Posts: 280
    Joined: 21-November 11
    Member: 22218
    Country: England, UK

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

The Flying Dutchman didn't get cancelled as it was never intended to be made in the first place.

#2646 Faefrost

Faefrost
  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4308
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

There still seem to be an awful lot of Black Pearls and Queen Anne's Revenges sitting on the shelves at mass merchants such as Walmart. I'm betting any decisions on whether or not to make a Flying Dutchman will hinge on full price sales of those two sets.
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#2647 sologuy369

sologuy369

    Posts: 692
    Joined: 07-July 09
    Member: 6609
    Country: U.S.A

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

View PostFaefrost, on 12 June 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

There still seem to be an awful lot of Black Pearls and Queen Anne's Revenges sitting on the shelves at mass merchants such as Walmart. I'm betting any decisions on whether or not to make a Flying Dutchman will hinge on full price sales of those two sets.
A relative of mine checked 2 kmarts, none had the black pearl  :pir_bawling: .

Also too, does anyone know if this is still available?

Edited by sologuy369, 15 June 2012 - 02:08 PM.

-Everyone, feel to call me Mr. Solo!
-My Brickshelf

Posted Image

Future reviews... if I can learn how to upload pictures from My Pictures :>
-ETX Alien Infiltrator
-Squidman's escape
-CW clone bp
-2004 speedboat
-gray w/orange case hockey guy
   -and way more!!!

-Visit the "So you think you can cook?" topic here and find out about the new comic show. I need your support.

#2648 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

    Posts: 1180
    Joined: 07-May 12
    Member: 28477
    Country: Mexico

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

I heard somewhere that POTC sets weren't selling well, so TLG decided to cancell the release of the Dutchman. Is this true?

#2649 Artanis I

Artanis I
  • Who's Friggin' Dan?


    Posts: 2348
    Joined: 28-May 10
    Member: 10965
    Country: Australia

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

View PostBilbo Baggins, on 24 June 2012 - 01:09 AM, said:

I heard somewhere that POTC sets weren't selling well, so TLG decided to cancell the release of the Dutchman. Is this true?
It's a rumour that has been around and around a few times. Whether it is true or not, we don't know yet. Besides, some say POTC sold poorly, others say it sold well. At least locally, the ships didn't last long on shelves, but it may be a different story elsewhere. I have not seen a Black Pearl since a week after they were released here, and QAR didn't last much longer, yet I see reports of the sets being marked at less than half price in other places. I think it may be true, but they might be waiting for another movie to release it. :pir_wacko: Who knows?
Lego is not a dirty word

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2650 GuntherThePenguin

GuntherThePenguin

    Posts: 338
    Joined: 14-November 11
    Member: 21862
    Country: USA

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostThe_Chosen_1, on 09 June 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

IMDB is a great resource, but it doesn't mean entries should always be taken at face value.  The site is very good at keeping up with rumors and very early film developments. I've kept up with the film industry long enough to know that until a project is officially greenlit by the studio, anything can happen.  And plenty of films are scrapped even after the greenlight (The Lone Ranger, which you mentioned, nearly came down to this).  Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to make a 5th Pirates.  I just don't want to see anyone get their hopes too high only to see the film not happen.
One website I saw this info from (Screenant) usually gets there information directly from producers and such, so I am pretty certain this news is real. But if you don't want to believe me than thats fine! *sarcasm*  :pir-tongue:



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links