Sign in to follow this  
KuBrick

Creating with LEGO Digital Designer

Hey, everyone, how's it going?

When I heard about LDD from the bonus features of The LEGO Movie, I just had to download it as soon as I could.

So far, it is a lot of fun, albeit time-consuming.

For a while, I was cussing quite a bit, until I became more familiar with the user interface.

Today, I feel satisfied with my models of a couple of fire extinguishers.

It's funny how I had to find a mid-point between putting a lot of thought into this while also avoiding over-thinking it.

When I was flexing the tube until it snapped onto the clawed piece on the red cylinder, I was like "C'mon, c'mon . . . yes." :classic:

Anyway, my next model will be a lot more complex; I'm planning on getting photographic reference.

For sure, it'll be awesome. :sweet:

post-125802-0-37799400-1404652768_thumb.jpg

Not bad for a first model. Yeah LDD can be tricky, but can be really usefull for making digital models, or even some basic animations. Too bad there is no Lego Movie version available, that one had more advanced options if I recall correctly.

Great job and welcome to the team, be sure to pop on over for inspiration.

LDD gets very intuitive after a short while and very fast at getting your idea down.

My next project is proving to be quite a challenge.

Is there any way to cram the gear from the hailfire droid into LDD?

Of course, I'm planning on making a workable turntable.

I saw the thread about it; now I need to get chain links.

Also, I keep thinking about whether to post any photos of what I'm trying to create a model of, but then I remember that I want it to be a surprise.

post-125802-0-12285300-1404818315_thumb.jpg

Hi again

Unfortunately there is no way to put more bricks into LDD then what is already there. However LDD is updated once in a while by LEGO, and then more bricks are added.

As for your future projects, may I recommend that you start a topic/thread in the respective theme forum here at Eurobricks. The DD (Digital Design) forum is mostly to be used for question, ideas, techniques etc around various digital tools such as LDD and Ldraw. For more normal building related questions, or to show progress on a project, then it's best to do that in the theme forums, were you'd get best help.