Smithy_Boy

Which Set Do You Regret Not Buying?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

With the Star Wars Lego sets being around for 10 years now, there's probably a set or two you didn't get but wish you had bought.

For me it's the old republic gunship but now the new one has come out I'm ok that i missed out. Also the Rebel Hoth Base 7666 (not sure if that's the correct name of the set).

Well, I've only actually started liking LEGO since 2006 or 2007, so there's probably a lot of things that I want now that were made a while ago. I wanted the Imperial Star Destroyer that was on sale for $60 on Black Friday, but they already ran out by the time I got to Target. :sadnew:

I sorta wanted the Hoth Rebel Base (because I wanted snowtroopers), but now I can just get the Echo Base set. :classic:

I also wanted the MTT (2007 version) because of all those droids...

Oh, and I saw the 2006 version of the Slave I once, but I wasn't into LEGO then, and I thought that it was overpriced.

I don't want those sets THAT much anymore, but I want them a bit.

EDIT: There's probably other sets that I also want, but I can't think of any others right now.

Edited by ILikePi

7665 Republic Cruiser. I was darn sure that it would turn up in a local store... but I bet wrong. But I'm working on getting it now! :tongue:

I regret selling my 4502 x-wing, does that count? I have a couple 6212 re-issues but they don't have Yoda's hut. Besides that, not too many regrets, thankfully I have managed to get my hands on everything I really wanted. I like the 6209 but don't regret not buying it because I thought it was over-priced in Australia. Oh wait, the Geonosian Fighter 4478, I wish I could have got that at RRP, but now it's not worth it to me at current market prices.

I most regret not buying either the imperial landing craft or obi wans starfighter with the hyper drive ring

Edited by Roncanator

I most regret not buying either the imperial landing craft or odi wans starfighter with the hyper drive ring

I don't know if it was the same in NZ but for Aus shop at home, obi wans starfighter was half price a week or so ago! Might be worth keeping an eye out.

Well, gentlemen, I have quite plenty set's I've missed so stupidly. 0 But most of them were in my Dark Ages. ) :classic:

They are: Bounty Hunter Pursuit :hmpf_bad:

Droid Tri-Fighter :wub:

Wookiee Attack :sing:

Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid :hmpf:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

I really regret not getting Jedi Defense I & II. :hmpf_bad: Those were two cheap sets that I could've easily afforded, and while Number One had transforming Droidekas, Number Two had a printed droid commander and security droid. Back then, they didn't appeal to me for some reason, but now that I've seen what passes for Droidekas and painted BDs these days :sick: I really wish I would've gotten them - in multiples! Oh well.

Also, I would've loved to have Watto's Junkyard and the Trade Federation AAT because I'm a huge podracing fan and the AAT just looks so much nicer in tan. :sceptic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I don't know if it was the same in NZ but for Aus shop at home, obi wans starfighter was half price a week or so ago! Might be worth keeping an eye out.

no I havent seen the set anywhere and we dont have it on our s@H :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Well, gentlemen, I have quite plenty set's I've missed so stupidly. 0 But most of them were in my Dark Ages. ) :classic:

They are: Bounty Hunter Pursuit :hmpf_bad:

Droid Tri-Fighter :wub:

Wookiee Attack :sing:

Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid :hmpf:

Yes, I regret that I started collecting only last year and because of that missing out on the 2006 sets. Although I managed to get the Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid.

So my list would be almost the same and then some:

Bounty Hunter Pursuit (not 2006 but regrets anyway),

Droid Tri-Fighter,

Wookiee Attack, (glad TLC is redoing the snail droid)

General Grievous chase,

Wookiee catamaran

and Imperial inspection.

Wow, that's a lot. :cry_sad:

Probably the Mos Eisley Cantina when it was clearanced at TRU in Aus for $25 (about $US16).

The sales girl even pointed it out to me, but at the time I thought it was a poor set. Little did I know what the Greedo fig would be worth one day! I still don't have one.

I think I bought the old 2003 World City Police Station that day instead :laugh:

I suppose is the MTT (7662) which I sold it away before it was discontinued. It was discontinued right after I sell it away to my friend. :cry_sad:

the redesigned a-wing

I went to the store during weekend but it was closed. :sad:

I remember before I was into StarWars, at TRU I saw the geonosian starfighter set at a reasonable price but bought the alpha team mission deep sea sets instead. :sad:

Edited by green dewback

I regret not buying the slave one all the way back in 02 or 03. It was easily available.

A lot of these sets are still around... I got a lot of 2006 sets (and a few earlier) for reasonable prices.

The two slightly hard to get ones on my Brickset list are 6205, the V1, and 7259, the Arc. Both seem to be grossly overpriced now. the motorized AT-AT and Ultimate Milenium, I want, but I'd have nowhere to put them :blush:

Edited by def

i regret not buying UCS Snowspeeder back in 2004. on that year i haven't collecting SW theme.

but i don't ever think to buy it now for market price.

I regret not buying the 2006 A-wing. I went everywhere looking for it, but could never find it. Only rebel ship that I don't have :cry_sad: . I'm extremely happy that one comes in Home One, though. My collection will be complete :devil:

I also wanted to get Luke's x-wing with Yoda's hut, but I don't care now because I picked up the x-wing remake, which I kind of like better because of the figures.

Oh, and I wish I would have gotten the TIE bomber. I'll find one eventually, just to complete my TIE collection :vader: . Then the only Imperial craft I will be lacking will be the AT-AT.

After writing all of this, I realize that I actually have quite a large collection of OT vehicles. :laugh:

Right now, I sooo regret not getting the UCS General Grievous at half price... Damn, I even should have gotten more than one, considering how much they fetch now they're discontinued...

Apart from that, there's also the UCS Millenium Falcon, but that's more a question of lack of money, unfortunately...

I started collecting SW Lego sets back in 2000, and I was able to get most of the 1999 sets back then. The only sets I dont have but might still be slightly interested in getting are the TIE-bomber and Droid Escape, more because these are the only OT sets I do not own than due to the coolness of these sets themselves.

Long ago I realized that day one of availability (on S@H) was usually the best day to buy the sets I really wanted; I never rely on sales and I never expect sets being available for years to come. When a set does go on sale (such as the Sandcrawler or the 6211 ISD) I usually just buy a second.

So, all in all, no regrets...

Right now, I sooo regret not getting the UCS General Grievous at half price.

So, it's not available in Belgium anymore? :look: Over here you can still get it, and still for half the price. Perhaps you can make a trade with someone in the States. :wink: I would if I were you - it's an excellent set! :thumbup:

Good topic idea.

I knew from early experiences that when you really want something you should get it (if the price is affordable). So I got every set I really wanted. The only one I didn't get was Jabba's Sail Barge, I've got all the figures, but it looks like such a cool ship. At the time I didn't have place for it and prefered to spend my money on other Lego.

That said, who ever skips a set these last few years and two years later start complaining he didn't get it, under normal circumstances, well, that's an idiot (excuse my language). You should know by now that you musn't wait more than two years to buy a set.

I think that in general most people will regret not buying Cloud City (I saves one and a half year for it), seeing those prices on the minifigures.