Sign in to follow this  
tunamint

Howdy from a new AFOL! (:

Hey there, everyone!

I'm Michael, but most everyone calls me either Mike or Tuna. I've been lurking Eurobricks' front page for the better part of two years now, but had never joined the forums, seeing as I hadn't yet met certain age requirements. As said complications are now behind me, I've decided to join the community!

This is my first (proper) venture into the LEGO fan community. I received my first set much later than most of you did, in 1998, and became an absolute brick fiend between then and 2004, after which time I encountered a relatively short "dark ages" period where I left LEGO behind. I would rediscover my love for the brick while attending an NMRA show in 2008, where several ILTCO clubs had displays, where I saw a whole new world and purpose, and discovered the hobbyist side of the community. Aside from collecting a few sets and putting together a few MOCs, I was able to produce little, however, before having to move across the country, leaving my collection behind, save for some minifigs. I will someday soon be able to afford to truck my collection over here, so that I can start building again, though!

I attended Brickworld Indy this past weekend and had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with Jeramy Spurgeon, who I'm sure you all know as the founder of RAILBRICKS. It was an immense honor and inspiration to speak with him in person, and thanks to him I most definately wish to pursue the hobby further. I've much to live up to! :D

As you might have guessed, at heart, I am a railfan. My first train set was 7722 from 1985, which brought back a flood of memories after watching a copy (albeit sans smokestack, unfortunately!) putz around INDYLUG's huge layout while Jeramy's 9V consist ran circles around it. I also had the pleasure of owning the Metroliner and it's compliment car, the Freight and Crane railway, and several other 9 volt wonders - how I wish I had stocked up before I went into my dark ages! I'm ecstatic to hear from Jeramy that PF works so wonderfully, which calmed my fears about future creations. So inspired was I by Brickworld Indy that I eagerly blew a few paychecks, with which I purchased Lifelites and a few copies of 10183 Hobby Train from Milton Train Works to keep me occupied whilst in the absence of my collection.

I am also a big Town fan - especially Classic Town (both the theme and blog!) and many of my creations were centric of such. I occasionally dabble in other themes from time to time for variety, too. I've recently gotten addicted to the idea of vignettes and even Miniland scale, of which I've crafted some LDRAW creations, but I'm not positive if such things are allowed to be posted here, in lieu of actual bricks.

Regardless, I look forward to starting off in the community and meeting the rest of it's many talented members! Hello Eurobricks, one and all. (:

Welcome Mike.

I too was at Brickworld Indy this past Sunday and can say it was a great show. Smaller scale than Brickworld, but there were a lot of quality builds.

I also got to see the Railbricks layout. Unfortunately, Mark wasn't there, but I did get to talk to Jeramy for a while and his modules behind the roundhouse were simply amazing. The size of that turn was incredible, along with all the simple detail; it really was a work of art. Isn't it great that no matter who you are, LEGO people always have time to talk LEGO?

Nice to hear you blew some coin on a few items. And glad to hear that you are getting back into it! Any chance we are gonna get to see/meet you at Brickworld outside Chicago this year?

In regards to LDRAW, yes, they are more than welcome here, just try to put them into the correct forums, that's all.

Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to your contributions!

Welcome Michael. Eurobricks is glad to have you in our community. :wub:

Glad to see a Town Fan in here, especially when he is a fan of Classic-Town.net. :grin:

See you around.

Hey there, everyone!

I'm Michael, but most everyone calls me either Mike or Tuna.

Welcome to EB, Mike.

As you might have guessed, at heart, I am a railfan.

TheBrickster will be happy to add another fan to 'The Registry'.

I am also a big Town fan - especially Classic Town (both the theme and blog!) and many of my creations were centric of such.

Good to hear you enjoy the blog. :sweet: