flat_four

Hello Eurobricks

Hello everyone at Eurobricks.

My name is Ben, Im 27 and I live in the UK.

Ive recently been drawn back to buying LEGO mainly due the modular building series and other large structures like the Taj Mahal. I had a large Lego collection as a child, mainly town/city and a bit of 9v train with a few other bits and pieces. Ive still got most of it stored away in the loft but its to cold to go and find it this time of year! As i got older, into my late teens+ I suppose I just didnt really have time, money and just lost interest(or found other interests :hmpf_bad: ) in Lego. I didnt really buy any Lego until I saw the UCS x-wing in Toys r us. I had to have it! I bought a few more of the UCS series but only really took a passing glance at the rest. Then, just after christmas I was lucky enough to purchase the Taj Mahal set quite cheaply while randomly searching on ebay. Although I found the set quite repetitive, even boring at times, once completed it was all worth it. Truly amazing model! :classic: I was hooked on Lego again!

It made me want to build my own models of this quality and a quick search of the web revealed theres a lot of people out there who share this interest. The best thing that caught my eye was Eurobricks, I was truly blown away by some of the creations here. I wanted to make models worthy of sharing too.

I also dicovered the Modular buildings. This was possibly the best and worst thing to happen! About a week later I owned Green grocer closely followed a few weeks later by Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium which I think I was lucky enough to get much earlier than normal release due to a mistake at the local Lego store. They look great but I'm now £340 lighter :cry_sad: and it hasnt ended there! I now seem to be finding myself searching for and buying all sorts of discounted sets to build up a parts collection so hopefully I can start creating and sharing some of my own creations.

Will this ease off or do I need to accept I need a Lego room? and possibly a second job...

I havn't got anything to show yet, still trying to get everything sorted and stored adequately.

Anyway, enough rambling for now. Looking foward to sharing my interest with other fans.

Time to start building!

Ben

Hello Ben, those city sets are very nice.You already got the Grand Emporium, I want to get that set sometime. I can't wait to see some MOC's from you, have a good stay at EB! :classic:

Edited by Alex the Great

Will this ease off or do I need to accept I need a Lego room? and possibly a second job...

I havn't got anything to show yet, still trying to get everything sorted and stored adequately.

Welcome to the addiction (and too Eurobricks) Ben. I think getting that Lego room might be a good idea. :tongue: Hanging out on this forum is a baaaad idea if you don't, as the MOCs and MODs you will see on here are such an inspiration to start building.

Accept it and keep buying! :laugh: Looking forward to seeing some of your creations and collection in the future.

you can allways sleep on the couch and turn your bedroom into a lego room!

A second job... Difficult choice... 2nd job means more money but less time to build lego...

I would rather take an extra loan then not being able to buy lego...

Anyways Welcome here!!

Im a newbie myself here and i allready like it very much!

My name is Ben

My names Ben too. Glad there's more people out there with my name.

Welcome to EB. I'm new too!

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Hello Ben, those city sets are very nice.You already got the Grand Emporium, I want to get that set sometime. I can't wait to see some MOC's from you, have a good stay at EB! :classic:

The Grand Emporium is probably my favourite of the three modulars I own. But its a close call between Green Grocer :classic: I think it has a lot to do with it being a corner building. Unfortuantly I missed out on the Cafe Corner set :sad: but dont think im willing to pay £200+ for it privately. TBH its my least favourite architecturally of the series so im not to fussed. Dissapointed that the GE is £40 more than GG tho.

Welcome to the addiction (and too Eurobricks) Ben. I think getting that Lego room might be a good idea. :tongue: Hanging out on this forum is a baaaad idea if you don't, as the MOCs and MODs you will see on here are such an inspiration to start building.

Accept it and keep buying! :laugh: Looking forward to seeing some of your creations and collection in the future.

Im currently in the process of moving to a new house where i will have a spare bedroom. I will probably use this as an office/ LEGO room :cry_happy: There is certainly a lot of inspiration to be found here :classic: Theres so much to look at and some truly talented builders out there! At the moment im struggling to find time to do much building... and when I do I always seem to end up 'researching' on Eurobricks etc!

Finding it hard to know where to start with my own MOCs. Think i will intially try some MODs to the modular buildings, maybe some extra interior bits and pieces too.

Im also worried that with all this looking im starting to get drawn to other themes too! I always thought pirates were cool back in the day, and im still thinking the same :classic: Ive got a few old sets(blue coat era) but not much. The idea of having; a huge fort/town 'Pirates of the carribean' style one day really appeals to the inner child :pir-classic: I realise pirates is about to be discontinued for the time being which makes it even more tempting to get some while i can :sceptic: Think im gonna have to cut the credit card up before its too late :tongue:

Hopefully more pirates will come in the future....but with blue coats :classic:

you can allways sleep on the couch and turn your bedroom into a lego room!

A second job... Difficult choice... 2nd job means more money but less time to build lego...

I would rather take an extra loan then not being able to buy lego...

Anyways Welcome here!!

Im a newbie myself here and i allready like it very much!

At the moment my beds about the only thing in my room that doesnt have some form of LEGO on it! I was going to have a bed in my new spare room for mates to use when they stay.... but as you point out theres always the couch for them :grin:

Maybe I could just take my LEGO to work....

Glad you enjoy it here, Im sure i will too :thumbup:

My names Ben too. Glad there's more people out there with my name.

Welcome to EB. I'm new too!

Im actually a Benjamin

Or too many just- 'Oi you' :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks, Ben!

I love reading stories about how people become AFOLs....I'm sad like that :tongue:

You're really lucky to own those really desirable modular buildings, too! I'm lucky if my lego budget is £5 a week! hope you have a great time checking out the forums. I find reading reviews takes up a lot of my time here, so I highly recommend the reviews indexes. We've got some talented members here that's for sure, with MOCs, reviews...even art!

Will/Rocketbilly