DaleDVM

Brickworld Chicago 2014 Countdown Chatter and Pizza Party.

30 days from now I will be meeting up to party hard with ABS plastic and I suppose you AFOLs are OK too. I will be staying at the hotel for all 5 nights of the event and will be starting on Wednesday night with the mixer party!

With all of the meetings, and setup, and layout repair, and late nights, and the public exhibition, I will be starving by Saturday night. Hint: If you do not eat until Saturday night the pizza tastes even better! So by popular demand it will be Lou Malnatti's for the Eurobricks pizza party again! I will be running the party. Like Stash said... it used to be a small group of us Eurobricks members. Now this event is huge. Last year we had over 40 members eating.

So to all of the newbies who want in... my name is Dale Klein. Hello. [beauty pageant wave] My brick badge looks like a castle. My castle display is usually one of the largest individual displays at the event so it is not too hard to find. If you need to, just ask around and someone will send you my way. What I need from you: a smile, introduce yourself to me, and please let me know what your name is on Eurobricks. I also need a whole $5 from you and to know what kind of pizza you like. I need this by 2pm on Saturday. I am going to try and order early before public hours are over so we will have pizza by 5pm at the latest. Any later than that and the Europeans turn cannibal! True story...

I am excited to see everyone again and look forward to meeting new friends. This should be a blast!

What I need from you: a smile, introduce yourself to me, and please let me know what your name is on Eurobricks

:smile:

Si-MOCs!

:wub:

Simon... always the funny guy! You just love me because I feed you. :thumbup: I am still looking for the space frog on my display. I am determined to find him before Brickworld starts! :wink:

Simon... always the funny guy! You just love me because I feed you. :thumbup: I am still looking for the space frog on my display. I am determined to find him before Brickworld starts! :wink:

I love you for you. (though you can use more Dark Blue in your castle).

Thought it doesn't hurt that you feed me :look:

:wub:

YOU LOST FROGGIE #42 ? :cry_sad:

It's only 30 days? :look:

:excited:

I think a panic smiley would be more fitting, 30 days.. how am I going to be able to finish my MOC with just 30 days left.. :cry_sad:

I think a panic smiley would be more fitting, 30 days.. how am I going to be able to finish my MOC with just 30 days left.. :cry_sad:

Agreed! Although, I'm in much better and bigger shape than I was last year at this time (MOC-wise that is).

Lookign forward to some pizza too...

You should have thought of that sooner :tongue:

Wait... I have lots of stuff to finish building too :sing:

You should have thought of that sooner :tongue:

I did, and then various other stuff got in the way, like this silly trip to France. Though admittedly it has been a nice trip, but it doesn't help get the MOCs done.

I wish a trip to France got in the way of my building! It is just plain old daily life that gets in the way for me...

Can't wait to see what everyone has done for the show.

This will be my first year as a registered attendee. Have been going to the Brickworld public days for a few years now. I am REALLY looking forward to all the activties. :grin: The Pizza Party sounds like fun.

You're still looking for "A" (one, singular, uno) space frog on your display?

I did, and then various other stuff got in the way, like this silly trip to France. Though admittedly it has been a nice trip, but it doesn't help get the MOCs done.

Not to mention the trip to Denmark.

Before I can finish building I first have to start… :wacko:

But not to worry, last year I started the day before I left, so plenty of time left. :grin:

Getdamonkey, I cannot claim to have found my spacefrog. However, a patron who was looking at my display found it tucked inside a cave on my display. I just love razzing Simon. Especially since he named each of them... Never name them, you get too attached. What I really want to know is... who Simon is supporting for mayor in the next election?

Vincent, I'm curious as to what kind of pizza you are going to want this year?

Glad to see a return to Chicago from some of the European members this year! :thumbup:

Glad to see a return to Chicago from some of the European members this year! :thumbup:

Wouldn't want to miss it :excited:

Are we supposed to bring our frogs back so they can visit all their kin?

Vincent, I'm curious as to what kind of pizza you are going to want this year?

That should not be difficult to guess… :wink:

Glad to see a return to Chicago from some of the European members this year!

I would hate to miss Brickworld.

Oh yes, a fly-in :laugh:

I will have to bring froggie #42 and the dozen or so scorpions from 2012. Every time I took one off of my display another one appeared! I am afraid this tradition could get out of hand! You master builders...

Okay, now I want to know my frog's name. He's been sitting nameless on a shelf all year and that's just sad.

He's always had a name.

You've just been mean and not talking to him.

You have Mucky.

I will have to bring froggie #42 and the dozen or so scorpions from 2012. Every time I took one off of my display another one appeared! I am afraid this tradition could get out of hand! You master builders...

The one you HAVEN"T found is #42- or more commonly known as Marvin.

It's up to you. Or I guess you could ask Sokka.

Oh yes, a fly-in :laugh:

HAHA fly-in :D

Though I bet Vinny would like to visit some of his buds again. It's been a whole year since he's dispatched on mission.

Missed the deadline to register since I apparently wrote down the wrong date, but I'm hoping to make it up for the public expo part.

That is sad beatpoet... I hope you get to enjoy the public hours. You are still allowed to come up and say hello.

Just a reminder... You now have only 3 weeks left until the mixer party Wednesday night. Does anyone have any last minute building? Worse yet... is anyone waiting for bricklink orders to arrive so they can finish building? :wacko: That would be my current situation.

Hey Simon I will be driving back from Niagra Falls on Tuesday the 10th of June. Any chance I will see you on the highway heading towards Chicago?

Just a reminder... You now have only 3 weeks left until the mixer party Wednesday night. Does anyone have any last minute building? Worse yet... is anyone waiting for bricklink orders to arrive so they can finish building? :wacko: That would be my current situation.

I've got some things to finish, and I still need to place some BL orders. Oh, and I'm going away for close to two weeks tomorrow. :look:

Hey Simon I will be driving back from Niagra Falls on Tuesday the 10th of June. Any chance I will see you on the highway heading towards Chicago?

Hopefully not, we plan to be leaving before then!

Tons of last minute building to do, and I've reached the stage where I have Bricklink orders shipped directly to Chicago to finish things once I get there. Things are, as usual, a mess, but at least it's a fun mess. :tongue:

Pfff, don't remind me. I still have tons of details to work out on a bunch of new stuff I'm bringing. Still waiting on three BL orders, will probably need to make a few more last minute orders.