Hello everyone here's the project I've been working on for a couple months. Its been a frustrating time and building only occasionally happened. Before I start I'd like to thank my buddy Doc Brown for giving me feedback on it

Anyway here is my first dump truck that actually worked out without me loosing patience :laugh: (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97932 and http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=99915 past failures)

The truck features 6x4 drive, front steered axle, pneumatic dump, and working lights.

Anyway here's an overall pic of it

640x360.jpg

The front headlights are Madoca inspired as his design looks awesome

640x360.jpg

The front lights work and the doors also open. I really like how the front turned out, but what do you guys think? Believe it or not I struggled with making seats so I settled with the generic design that I'm not satisfied with at all :hmpf_bad:

640x360.jpg

Here's the rear view. Not too satisfied with this, but I did the best I could with a limited parts selection

640x360.jpg

The rear lights also work

640x360.jpg

Both lights are connected to a switch crammed inside the chassis. They're controlled by the little red knob between the panels.

640x360.jpg

Here's the action shot. Frankly I'm surprised the cylinders lifted the bed. I really underestimated them(sorry allanp :grin: )

640x360.jpg

The cylinders are controlled by a little switch in the same position as the light knob on the other side. The pump placement is not the greatest. It's hidden pretty well and does the job, but I wanted a bit more of an elegant solution

640x360.jpg

The entire chasiss is extremely sturdy . The only parts that are a bit more flexible are the back of the cab and the dump bed. The truck is heavier than it looks and it drives fine

640x360.jpg

The whole central area is also reinforced by these frames which help alot

640x360.jpg

Finally here's how the steering is done. The worm gear connects to a gear on the steering axle

Thanks for viewing this topic. It's a relativity simple MOC that needs improvement, but I just lost patience with it. As always any feedback is welcome :classic:

Great job man! I think it looks awesome, with some great functions and seems solidly built. :thumbup:

Will there be a video? :laugh:

I do think those seats need a bit of work, not sure how to improve them, maybe a little wider and spaced wider?

The front is a very tidy design, I really like it. :laugh:

This is awesome! beautiful front end, but you really need some better pictures :p

I have a question about the dump bed, wouldn't the weight of the thing make the rear end sag because you've got both your cylinders in the front?

Edited by OG_technic

Thanks! It sags a bit because of that. Maybe by a stud or two. Is the quality of the pics not good or do you want more?