Sign in to follow this  
Anexcuse

Ninjago Story

Hi, from what I've heard from numerous sources, Ninjago's story is good and deep.

How would any of you suggest getting into the story? Like, should I start with the books or the animations? Which would be better?

Wikipedea has the Plot line for the series, If you want to read the Pilot's plot or however much you want. You can also find the seasons at Toys R Us for about 15-20 dollars. Edited by lego3364

Hi, from what I've heard from numerous sources, Ninjago's story is good and deep.

How would any of you suggest getting into the story? Like, should I start with the books or the animations? Which would be better?

Stick with the show, starting with the pilot episodes/movie.

Most of the books are just supplementary stories and do not have much of an effect on the TV show's storyline. Some of the books aren't even canon to the story at all. The books can be interesting at sometimes, but you'd have to make the verdict on your own.

Edited by Penkid11

Stick with the show, starting with the pilot episodes/movie.

Most of the books are just supplementary stories and do not have much of an effect on the TV show's storyline. Some of the books aren't even canon to the story at all. The books can be interesting at sometimes, but you'd have to make the verdict on your own.

Yeah, I've never read Greg Farshtey books, but I've heard they're good.

Edited by lego3364

The TV show is the core story. Everything else is supplementary side stories. So if you're trying to get up to speed as fast as possible, the TV series is the way to go.

The chapter books and graphic novels are both excellent. When buying the chapter books be sure to stick to the early ones by Greg Farshtey. The past few years have only featured dull adaptations of the TV series by Tracey West, but the Greg Farshtey ones tell independent stories that are really quite good. The graphic novels are all good, so no worries there.

Thanks for the help all, I'll start watching the pilot episodes soon enough.

The assistance is greatly appreciated! :)

The TV series is the only full blown way to really grasp the story, but it's quite spectacular when it's not having its filler episodes and kiddie moments. On the surface, it's a kid show, but it does have some deep underlying themes; the most prevalent is that of balance. Throughout the story balance is referenced(between good and evil, tradition and technology). It's good stuff.