Mark Kelso

What the cat dragged in...

I could more accurately say "what the Phipson dragged in," but seeing as how I've been calling him a pussy for years now, it all amounts to the same thing! :laugh:

Anyway, I got a phone call from another spanking new member here (I'll leave that innuendo alone for the time being), Chris Phipson. He was excited about joining the forum, and with his enthusiasm, I decided to jump into the fray as well. As most on MOCpages know, it's virtually impossible to seperate to two of us, and now here the trend continues.

As with Chris, I'm a mod over on MOCpages, and have been a very active member there for over three years now. I'm also a member of other online Lego fan communities such as Builder's Lounge, Brickshelf, Flickr, and Classic Space. I'm also a member of my local user group INDYLUG, and have attended the last two Brickworld events, with plans in 2010 to do both Brickworld Indy, as well as Brickworld in Chicago.

My claim to mediocrity is rather large Lego model of the ship, the Invisible Hand (from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith), and my main interest in Lego work would be sci-fi. I enjoy all kinds of subjects, however, and I certainly hope to have the opportunity to branch out more and more as I pursue the hobby.

So enough babble from me. Here are a few points of interest for anyone curious. Meanwhile, I'll look forward to learing more about Eurobricks, and getting to know it's members!

Cheers!

MOCpages homepage: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/5708

A few of my creations:

Invisible Hand

1200336092_DISPLAY.jpg

Dio from the story Apocalypsis: The Journey Inward

1210817295_DISPLAY.jpg

Cylon Raider

cylon_raider60.jpg_DISPLAY.jpg

Edited by Mark Kelso

Hi there. May I be the first to say absoulutley fantastic mocs! The Invisible Hand blew me away! Your other ones are stunning aswell. Good to have you onboard! :classic:

Welcome to Eurobricks! :thumbup:

Your MOCs are truly amazing, and your MOC, "The Journey Inward" is definitely one of the nicest landscape which I have ever seen. Looking forward to see you around in the forums! :wink:

Well look at this - all sorts of new member goodness!! Glad to see you've joined the Eurobricks community!!

I somehow missed seeing your "The Journey Inward" MOC, it is absolutely beautiful! :classic:

Welcome to the club.

~Stacy

Glad you could finally join us Mr. Kelso. :thumbup: I'm sure you will find the accommodations here suitable for a man of your status. We've got a nice group here that likes to have fun and create a little mischief every now and then. I think you'll fit right in.

-Davey

Welcome to EB. I remember spotting that waterfall somewhere. Very well-built! (I'm not going to comment on the space ships as that's not really my cup-of-tea)

Welcome Mark! I don't think I ever introduced myself at Brickworld, but I remember your displays. I'm sure you'll fit right in here.

Welcome to EB. I remember spotting that waterfall somewhere.

I'm pretty sure it got blogged on TBB :wink:

Welcome on Eurobricks, I hope you'll have a good time here! :thumbup:

Your MOCs are awesome, the landscape with the waterfall still impresses me whenever I see it.

Welcome to Eurobricks! I have seen your waterfall a while ago and I'm impressed with your other mocs, good to see you. :classic:

Welcome to EB! I do remember seeing The Journey Inward on TBB (or wherever), a while ago, and just staring at it, mouth agape. Truly awesome, as are your other MOCs . The Invisible Hand is nearly indistinguishable as being made of LEGO, like a sculpted, painted model; very cool!

As sci-fi seems to be you're game, and if you think you could be patient enough to endure CallMePie's babble (joshin' ya CallMePie! :tongue: ), I'm sure we'd love to see you over at the CYBERPUNK game. It could use some "professional endorsement" :laugh: . If gaming's not your bag, that's awesome too. I can't wait to see more stunning MOCS from your magic workshop!

Loving the new high-profile members, ~SD

Another fine new addition to the old EB army. :sweet:

It's great to see you join here Mark. I love your MOCs, and I look forward to seeing what you show us in the future. Enjoy yourself, and see you around! :thumbup:

Welcome to Eurobricks! I'm a big fan of you MOCs and I have to say it's a real pleasure to have you on. (screams in excitement like a little school girl)

:tongue: sorry about that and I hope you enjoy being on 'Ole EB.

Welcome Mark! So you are the one behind those fabled Apocalypsis MOCs? I've always loved those creations, I look forward to seeing what things you have to show us in future on EB. :sweet: Lovely ships as well, I think I'll go take a look at some of your other creations now (I don't really visit MOCpages that much I am sorry to admit).

Now to make a complete nuisance of myself!

Plenty of places for you to do that, I wouldn't worry too much.

Yay!

And once again, YAY!

You have no idea how much time I've spent marvelling at "The Journey Inward". *drools* Glad to welcome you to EB and I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Yay!

And once again, YAY!

You have no idea how much time I've spent marvelling at "The Journey Inward". *drools* Glad to welcome you to EB and I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

That's SO cool to hear, from you, as well as some others here, who've mentioned the Apocalypsis story I've been working at off and on. Of all my creations, it's definitely my "baby." The down side is how long it's taking. Between other major creations (which tend to have SO much more impact with the public than the Apocalypsis MOCs), I can make a little progress. But, it's just taking so damn long to complete. I hope to give it more attention as soon as Brickworld 2010 is complete in June. But first there's a massive SHIP to finish, and I'm just getting started on that!

So much LEGO to attend to...stupid crap like eating, sleeping, and work...and when I could be building!!!!

Edited by Mark Kelso

I am what I eat...

ANYWAY, glad to see you came over and kicked in the back door. I knoweveryone here can't wait to see your new mocs... Let's see here, it's 2010 now so... when you think your next one will be out?

All joking aside, for everyone else, Mark is one of the coolest and nicest guys I've ever met, Lego world or not and I'm proud to be able to call him friend. Now that that sappy bit is over, let's get back to the smack!

~Chris

Welcome Kelso! You may also know me as Mark Larson from BrickWorld. Or Dave from Sweden... :laugh:

Great to have you here! This is awesome! :wub:

Mr. Kelso.....

Ok, I'll just stop right there before I get stuff thrown at me from people in the Tri-state area. Glad to see you around these parts. I see your list of cohorts hasn't improved though......

Seriously though, welcome to EB. Your contributions will be very welcome here!

Wow:

1200336092_DISPLAY.jpg

Welcome...

I'm stunned - a MOCPages invasion of the best...

Glad to have you join us along with your friends. :classic:

You low down dirty rotten Hoosier . . . oops, that's me, looking in the mirror I guess.

Your MOCs? meh.

Your skillz? meh.

Your stunning ability to entrance some of the lowest lifeforms I've ever met? Absolutely astounding!

(Yes folks, I know Mark. Yes, he's a great builder and a fellow Hoosier -- that means we both live in Indiana, U.S.A.)