Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

Waterloo 200th anniversary MOC

Hello everybody been a while between posts in this forum.

To mark this special occasion I decided to get out my old Napoleonic minifigs and make a little MOC from the battle showing the Inn La Belle Alliance, which was Napoleon's HQ during the battle and also the meeting point of Wellington and Blucher when their victory was declared over the French.

The scene itself depicts earlier in the battle with soldiers from D'Erlon's Corps moving into position for their attack on Wellington's left flank.

18860219575_b02061ea9f_z.jpglabellealliance by Michael, on Flickr

These historically correct builds are my favorite. That's an impressive army and I like seeing them in formation somewhere besides just a flat field or tabletop. The building looks great even if the build techniques are fairly simple. I especially like the streaks on the roof and the door and windows are nice. The base is pretty simple and I'd like a few more details such as flowers or grass, but that's a minor concern. Other than that this is lovely. Good work!

The way the Eurobricks forums are put in order doesn't make sense. In the historic forum you'll find lots of fantasy mocs, which have nothing to do with history, and now you've made an excellent historically accurate moc, and it is posted in the pirates forum! I don't believe you were really thinking Napoleon was a pirate but I can understand you wouldn't want your moc to be posted between elves and imaginary worlds.

Very good build. I recently did a Historical Analysis of Waterloo earlier this week. Feel free to check it out here:

The way the Eurobricks forums are put in order doesn't make sense. In the historic forum you'll find lots of fantasy mocs, which have nothing to do with history, and now you've made an excellent historically accurate moc, and it is posted in the pirates forum! I don't believe you were really thinking Napoleon was a pirate but I can understand you wouldn't want your moc to be posted between elves and imaginary worlds.

Yes it's a bit strange I admit. I build a LOT of history-based MOCs as well as Castle-Theme, and was surprised when they moved my "Vive L' Empereur!" Napoleonic build over from Historical, but if you look under Pirates it does say "Napoleonic" and since the key parts to recreate the soldiers come from the Pirate Theme, it does make sense from that perspective.

Hi, LEGO history fan. I’m Staslegomaster. I like your attitude to this historical event and creation. you created it just in time to make it very popular. It seems you're a big fan of LEGO, just as I am. And Masterbuilder. Every time I create something, I wonder how other LEGO fans of different ages like it. I've been collecting LEGO sets for more than 25 years now. Have a look at my LEGO Pirates Battle island in LEGO ideas the tags are: Pirate Battle island, chess set, pirates jubilee). I like classic pirates most of all. My project tells you their story. Hope, you'll like it. Do you know it has been the most popular series before Star Wars? Which is your favourite series, I wonder? I wish to have your set in my collection.

How did u do the shakos and the bearskins? They are simply beautiful!

I have designed a lot of additional hats and helmets from the Napoleonic era ...

Michael did some excellent work in painting and adding additional stuff

25741493703_2e1c817a56.jpg25743746264_f2058b0dae.jpg26070801720_19588ec77a.jpg26250717182_e0ccd79bce.jpg

Edited by woody64