Sign in to follow this  
NotoriousPYG

MOC: Hellboy Mosaic

Very cool. I would recommend another picture zoomed out more. Gives a better scope of the mosaic. For your first one, I think you did great job, very recognizable, even the cigar!

Side note. I'm not completely sure, but I believe mosaics are supposed to be made up of all 1x1s. I've never bought or paid too close attention to the official LEGO mosaics, but I think they are. Not that that makes yours any less impressive, I just wanted to point that out.

Thats awesome!

Im a huge Hellboy fan, I think you've captured the big red fella perfectly- nice job :thumbup:

This looks good...totally recognizable. Like others have said, a smaller or "zoomed out" picture would show the image better. The larger or more zoomed in it is, it becomes more "pixelated" and not as nice to look at unless you add in more subtle shading which is hard to do at the size, and also with availability of some rare and expensive colours(e.g. sand red, dark red, reddish brown AND regular brown, etc)...unless you want to take that on as a challenge... ;)

Good job!

Side note. I'm not completely sure, but I believe mosaics are supposed to be made up of all 1x1s.

There are no official guidelines for how mosaics have to be made. People use more than just 1x1s.

-Omi

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

I used larger plates to save money, quite frankly, as I made several to give to friends.

Here is a distance shot... sorry for the glare, it's a small office.

hellboyzoom.jpg

Edited by NotoriousPYG

This is a pretty cool mosaic, I have been wanting to make one but I have been stingy with funds so, kings to you.

Looks great!

Big comic fan, and this doesn't just evoke Hellboy, it also evokes the heavy blacks of Mignola. Well done!

Very creative. It looks just like him.

I've been wanting to try my hand at mosaics, but I haven't had the time to try it out yet. If I ever will, that is.

I see no problem with using larger plates. Other than the little space between the bricks to make it look pixelated, I don't really see the problem.

Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see more!

Very cool! Zoomed out, it does look even better! The eyes are perfect, and the shadow from the eye almost to the mouth is also very nice. The smoke curling around his face (coming up behind him, that is) works very well for the composition. Near the cigar, everything gets very black, if you had added in different dark tones, that may have helped the shape a little, (you did it with the other shadows, but not so much there). Over-all, well done, easily recognizable! :thumbup: