Legostone

[ESL - FB1 - ship] Green Winds

I've recieved the message that my shipyards have finished another ship for me! We need to get there as quick as we can to check it out!

27475944585_6f7352e302_c.jpg

And there we are! Isn't she a beauty? Finally a really fast ship that should help us to buy even more ships!

27199161150_7e419d580e_c.jpg

That's what we call a Schooner my friend, and this one is a large one!

27441548226_757a380c61_c.jpg

Lets go around to the Stern:

27199558730_924cd81eb3_c.jpg

She is actually a lot larger than you might think, so I decided to command the Dragon's Revenge here, which is, albeit being bulkier, quite a bit shorter, as you can see from this bird:

27441530466_81aed709d6_c.jpg

I also noticed that the Pride of Elysabethtown was around too, so I decided to send my bird up to these vessels too!

27441504256_a9df0f51fa_c.jpg

I think it'll be a while until we have a ship equal in size to the Pride besides the Margot!

I also tried to take a picture which includes all of my still standing ships, but that proved to be rather difficult - the War Dwarf/HMS Kent/Justicia (which hasn't recieved a new paintjob as the real model just yet) is to big to be in the forground and way to small in the background (you might be able to see one mast:D) - and all these ships just take up so much space (I don't even want to know how much space these minifig-scale first rates take:D)...

27475916065_b8b69ab7cb_c.jpg

So, a quick Overview over the facts:

time spent building - no stopwatch running, but I started 1 1/2 days ago

6 swivel guns

4 longguns

Captain Ronald Scourie

Owner: Jerome Monezterrell (me)

Build by the Monezterrell' Shipyards (might be coming at some point in the future :P)

Tradecompany: MAESTRO

Crew: at least 12 men

Rating: at least a class 5F. not sure if it might classify for a 6F. I want to hear what you think!

How it all started:

It actually all started with the idea to build a ship using CB4s custom hulls. I believe I've shown this picture before:

24728682160_5a9b638de8_c.jpg

Eventually I even got a cabin added, which later on caused me to completely tear the ship apart and start from nothing:

24548180034_f658c11500_c.jpg

Eventually I decided I had better use for the masts in the Pride of Elysabethtown, so here are these two ships next to each other; the poor Green Winds without masts...

25740452400_18f40fcf9c_c.jpg

On Friday I decided that I can't leave this hull lying around for any longer, so I decided it would be time to either scrap the project completely or start new, as the full hull didn't fit with my other ships anymore. Also, I have learned a lot in shipbuilding since I started Green Winds, so I think it went better this way anyways. I was inspired by Kolonialbeamters La Recouvrance

27444506885_1d5f021ce2_c.jpg

Yesterday was mainly spent on rigging and the deck and a few details on the sides.

26851574574_4c7f28b999_c.jpg

Ships build by me:

Wringe I

War Dwarf/HMS Kent/Justicia (sold to Bregir(COR), captured, sistershipped as the Justicia by Bregir)

Winds Beauty

Arkady

Pride of Elysabethtown

Dragon's Revenge

Wow ! You're improving and building ships so fast now !

Excellent fast vessel ! She is really seeming a fast ship ! Good job !

Another amazing vessel! Really Nice shape, lovely stern

Great schooner! Great curves, and I love the low profile! Excellent build!

Amazing vessel, LS, it's astonishing to see your shipbuilding skills increase that quickly.

Lovely shape on this one, my highlight is the mast and boom design here default_wubnew.gif

My only suggestion for the future... get a panorama lens for your camera default_laugh2.gifthumbup.gif

More ships, please! default_excited.gif

Very nice ship with elegant lines!

Thank you!

Wow ! You're improving and building ships so fast now !

Excellent fast vessel ! She is really seeming a fast ship ! Good job !

Thank you! I always feel better finishing a ship quickly - an unfinished ship is a big distraction;)

Another amazing vessel! Really Nice shape, lovely stern

The Stern was the part where I spent the most time compared to the amount of parts it required! Took me a while to get those slopes and hinges right! Thanks too!

Amazing vessel, LS, it's astonishing to see your shipbuilding skills increase that quickly.

Lovely shape on this one, my highlight is the mast and boom design here :wub:

My only suggestion for the future... get a panorama lens for your camera :grin::thumbup:

More ships, please! :excited:

I think its all about training for building ships - the seven total ships I've build so far were all for BOBS this year. Lets hope I can keep raising the bar on my ships!

Well, those masts might seem very familiar to you - they're inspired by the masts you used on the Infatigable:D

A panorama lens - first I need a different camera for that, I don't own a DSLR, I just have a compact camera. I think that I can spent a bit more time taking the pictures and maybe get a different background - this blanket I'm using now is a bit to small to be able to keep all the ships in range...

More ships? I think I'll build a few more ships soon.