Sign in to follow this  
Gideon

Unrest in Varlyrio

Citizens supporting the Varlyrian mercenaries fighting with the Black Spire have barricaded a city block in Illyria, the capital of Varlyrio. The Garra (guard of Illyria) have been dispatched to deal with the troublemakers, but it seems to turn into a bloody affair. Something seems wrong with the rebel leader as well...

14374790411_0a508018ab_c.jpg

14191514098_e70a57a531_c.jpg

14355046386_313f2d3db7_c.jpg

14398294303_df88128cfc_c.jpg

Edited by Gideon

Awesome build. I wish I had more conquistadors because I really want to do some Varlyrian builds eventually! I will have to improvise.

Nice Build Gideon! (again) The roof on the sand blue house looks great. I like the sand green building, but the walls of sand blue one look a bit dull.

Nice Conquistador Army too. :thumbup:

Lovely build Gideon! Has a very nice Venetian feel to it, and all the buildings and details are great as usual. The barricades actually remind me of the French revolution a bit, which is cool. I've also got to get some conquistadors, or at least their helms, they look sweet.

Great work Gideon, this looks very Varlyrion. I like the way you did the roofs, and showed the underwater parts of the river. Excellent work

@Gilbert Despathens: I'm definitely contemplating switching if Varlyrio opens.

Edited by Scaevola

Great scene with a great atmosphere! I like the design of the houses and I'm curios what's beneath the waterline.

Nicely done. I like the roofs the most. But the buildings add a lot of character to the scene.

The bridge is very well done. I may have to copy that design in the future.

The barricade is interesting. Seems effective.

Keep up the great work!

Very nice! I like the flower baskets the best. Any chance of a better view under the canal with the fish and crab?

Fantastic build! I love the buildings. The blue one is my favorite. The colors and roof are perfect and those flowers basket are great too.

Very well done! I love that sand green and tan building, the color scheme and design go so well together.

I can't wait to join that guild when it opens! All of the Valyrion builds to date look like a lot of fun, including this one. I could set all of mine in Illyria without a problem. Anyone else planning to switch?

Edited by Gilbert Despathens

"Do you hear the people sing? Singing a song of angry men..."

Brilliant composition Gideon. Busy but with clear lines of sight. Lovely build and photography too. I particularly like the eaves, the water, and the Window box. The barricade looks very effective and realistic, and that rebel leader is intriguing. ...

I like these zig-zags at the edge of the houses. And the colors look good together.

The rebel leader looks like he needs some sleep..

I think robuko hit it on the head here....just such a clean build, clean lines, clean colors, etc....lovely

It's been a while anybody has build there, so congrats mate! I really like that dark red grey color scene, reminds me other Varlyrio builds. Kinda odd though how this peaceful island has turned into the hotspot of villians ...

Oww.. Sweet moc... Sweet photography....! Great job the colours used are awesome!

Great colorschemes on all the houses and the architecture works perfectly for Varlyrio :thumbup:

Some of my favorite parts: the balcony, the sweet gables on all the buildings :wub:, and the flower box.