part 5

the AAG headquarters. many have seen the building, its not hard to being so massive, but few have tried to find out what its for, and none have succeeded. the only people who ever enter the building are strange hooded folk or avalonian lords, not the sort of people you mess with...

8703435128_c0ffbe6e5b_c.jpg

Zakon: lads, you're heading west...

To be continued...

8702332099_c1dae8671f_z.jpg

8703452550_6f84eb6094_z.jpg

8702329855_62a0dd4363_z.jpg

part 1

part 2

part 3

part 4

~Legonardo

Edited by Legonardo

Nice! You are developing an interesting style! Many details to love and be inspired by here :)

Very nice. I particular I like that fact that you've done your very best to reduce the number of right-angles, nothing lines up, which is great.

The lefthand rockwork next to the mushrooms, the brickwork patches on the upper floor, the rising ridgeline of the roofs and the chimneypots are all highlights for me.

I feel that the pillars (1x1 rounds) supporting the front overhang feel a little slender compared to the size of the rest of the building. The brown of the side-wing needs something to break it up as it's currently just a solid block of brown. I feel that the undergrowth on the ground should be creeping up the wall a bit as well which would break up the flat grey wall. However they're minor criticisms on an otherwise excellent build.

thanks guys!

just realised this sin't in the GOH subforum, could a mod please change that?

I feel that the pillars (1x1 rounds) supporting the front overhang feel a little slender compared to the size of the rest of the building. The brown of the side-wing needs something to break it up as it's currently just a solid block of brown. I feel that the undergrowth on the ground should be creeping up the wall a bit as well which would break up the flat grey wall. However they're minor criticisms on an otherwise excellent build.

some things you may find changed in the updated pics :wink:

Edited by Legonardo

Very well done. I love the roof and the different types of walls on the building. Great MOC!

I heard the inside is pretty impressive too, but that the torture-room is somewhat ancient :grin: And one of your wine barrels is not as full as you are thinking :tongue:

On a serious note: that house is really epic!!! I love how you did all those wooden stuff! And that rockwork is fabolous!!!

I think this might be your best build yet! Your skills keep on improving and improving! Keep it up man! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great job with this LD, your irregular borders just keep getting better! :thumbup: That roof is great too and excellent rockwork!

Great! Just great LD! this look like the models you get your inspiration from! It doesn´t look like Lego at al at the first sight. The colours and the smoothnes makes it just epic! You have to teach me how to do those great rocks!!

Very nice. I like the scale of the house, being a massive build on a stony base. Sand green 'grass' caught my eye first, and it looks great surrounding the tall stone walls. Well done. :thumbup:

Great build LD! Love the cleanness of it all, even though there are studs on the roof :thumbup: Also, you combined the colors very well. :sweet: Nice use for the cannons :laugh: !

really like you approach to thatched roofs. I haven't come up with anything too decent, so I might try this next time I build a village house. The rest looks great too!

Looking forward to the updated pics, but even now this is a terrific MOC. The landscaping is tremendous and the irregular base works perfectly :wub: How sturdy do your bases tend to be? The roof design is great and I the angled supports are a neat detail :thumbup:

Guessing the wood section on the left is one of the things you're changing, as it is I agree with The_Cook that it is a bit too much brown :classic:

thanks guys! updated pics, not updated build though, brown bits hard, I hav eno more tan and hardley any dk brown, pillars stayed as they otherwise blocked off the path etc, though I agree with your critizm completely :classic:

I absolutely love the walls on this thing. The atmosphere gives it an older look that fits in with the "foliaged" foreground quite nicely.

Susan Jr. has the power to please all!

This house is also a beauty, I like that you've managed to create your own style of houses. Also your rockwork is top notch again!

I've been following your (and others here too) a while here, and it is really inspiring. Awesome work. :thumbup:

I love the rockwork! I love this build! Great work on the base! The cannons as chimneys is great! :classic::thumbup:

That is an amazing MOC. The size is impressive, but so are all of the details.

But I will say, my favorite part about this is the roof. The angles are great, but I love the use of color (I love dark tan) and the inclusion of the plates/tiles scattered about. It adds a lot more depth than one would think.

Keep up the great work.