Sign in to follow this  
Cecilie

Modular Madness: Kids playground

indexed.gif B-OM-31A

While all the grown ups to grown up things, kids should get to do kids things, like play in a nice safe playground. So I made a little playground for my minifig kids. There's a slide, a swing, a sandbox, even a spjoingy thingy (that atually spjoings! Hard to show that in a photo though :laugh:. What are even those spjoingy play animal thingies called anyway? :wacko: I just remember them being tons of fun when I was a kid :blush:) Anyway, yadda yadda yadda, pics!

7686483420_d41b0be03f_z.jpg

(Best view of yellow spjoingy thingy in this pic :wink:)

7686483062_d3d9398640_z.jpg

7686482734_ebcb4b60d9_z.jpg

Now go play! :grin:

This is probably one of the best playground MOCs I've ever seen! All of the toys are designed perfectly. Although that slide is going straight into the fence! :tongue: Some poor kid's gonna go right through. :laugh:

Awesome work building this entry. Best of luck!

This is certainly the nicest entry in category 3 I've seen. But I have a thing for playgrounds since I've kids of my own.

What are even those spjoingy play animal thingies called anyway? :wacko: I just remember them being tons of fun when I was a kid :blush:)

In the Netherlands we call them 'wipkip' (chicken seesaw).

Lovely playground, with cure little yellow bouncy ride and sandpit....aw.... :laugh: , great work 'Cecille'...good luck and Brick On ! :sweet:

Nice one! I'm guessing the easiest way to explain what the spjoingy thingy is (funny way to put it) is to call it some kind of rocking horse?

This is probably one of the best playground MOCs I've ever seen! All of the toys are designed perfectly. Although that slide is going straight into the fence! :tongue: Some poor kid's gonna go right through. :laugh:

Awesome work building this entry. Best of luck!

Thanks :sweet:. I guess I should have had a cushion against the fence at the end of the slide :laugh:. At least there's a sandpit :wink:

This is certainly the nicest entry in category 3 I've seen. But I have a thing for playgrounds since I've kids of my own.

In the Netherlands we call them 'wipkip' (chicken seesaw).

Thank you :sweet:. And that's an interesting word....

Nice one! I'm guessing the easiest way to explain what the spjoingy thingy is (funny way to put it) is to call it some kind of rocking horse?

Hm, maybe, but I think of it as different then a rocking horse, as it's the gigantic spring that makes this one able to move. Hence the thought of the spjoing noise in my head :tongue:.

What a great playground! My favorite is the yellow thing (don't now it's name either), but I remember seeing (and trying) my first one - a duck-like design, when I was off age, and it was great fun! Good luck in the contest!