CorneliusMurdock

SoF: The Avengers Have Lunch

The City Park Cafe was such a success that Marie decided to open another cafe in New York. Andrea even came with her to help start up the business. It isn't long before the customers start pouring in. At one table, some of the Avengers have come (out of their super hero duds) to catch up and share a pizza. But it won't be a quiet lunch as it looks like an alien race has decided to invade the city.

7947404782_8e130985c9_c.jpg

7947404434_bac15230fb_c.jpg

I couldn't decide which shot turned out better.

7947406660_729c44d0c8_z.jpg

7947405180_5abf79267e_z.jpg

Looks like one of the specials is a burger bigger than your head. This guy looks super excited to dig in.

7947407506_92cd7f1d68_z.jpg

A shot from overhead to show what I did.

Mmmmm shawarma....

:laugh:

I really like how you can see the "outside" from the interior :thumbup:

Really great work. Not counting all the cool figures interacting (which is awesome, especially the giant burger guy), I think my favorite part is the condiment station.

:thumbup:

Brilliant MOC CM! Gotta love the extra effort on the "street backdrop" - as impressive as the diner interior itself! :thumbup:

This actually reminds me of the HISHE Superhero Cafe:

Wow, this is looking nice! I enjoyed viewing this creation of yours, and the Avengers in civilian clothings is equally spot-on! I wonder which superheroes is Marie interested in. :tongue:

Your head choice for Bruce is perfect. :thumbup: The whole color scheme is great, but I want to know why they're having lunch at 6:10. :tongue:

The whole color scheme is great, but I want to know why they're having lunch at 6:10. :tongue:

Um, it's one of Bob's special mafia clocks. It stopped at 6:10 the previous evening. :grin:

I'm happy with the way everything turned out. It was a challenge to get the people and buildings in the background to be visible from the front, especially photographing it. I hope do do more with the concept in a future MOC.

I plan on taking pictures of the alien spaceship separately when I get some time. I normally suck at building ships but this one just seemed to come together well.

This is a lovely, muti-layered MOC CM! :thumbup: Definitely a great fusion of Friends and Superheroes, with lots of details to seek out. I really like the canopy of the shop across the street from the diner, and the fact that you can see items in the window. The way you've taken the photos is great, to really show off the layers of activity, and all superheroes should have cupcakes after (and possibly before?) saving the world! :laugh:

I'd say you've earned your "Staff Bragging Rights". :laugh: Awesome MOC!

He's not won yet... :wink:

Excellent work! The colors on the interior of the cafe work nicely and the exterior details are excellent :thumbup:

This is an excellent MOC with a great story with it. :wink: The minifigures look just as they should and the use of 1x1 studs near the top of the wall adds great detail.