Sign in to follow this  
LegendaryArticuno

Anyone Else Unable to Moc?

Due to the lack of CCBS parts? :distressed:

I'm currently in that boat, as I never got into Hero Factory or picked up some of those Ultra Chi sets (some which are very interesting - I want that big round Gold Disc!!). Currently, I have plans to moc/mod up a Toa with the following colour scheme: pearl gold, black, gunmetal grey, and an undecided translucent skeleton colour. But I don't see that happening without emptying the wallet.

Bricklink... here we go :ugh:

i also unable, but in my case, it's not because of limited parts but because there are no new idea getting on my mind...

i also unable, but in my case, it's not because of limited parts but because there are no new idea getting on my mind...

Me too. But I made a buggy back jn 2009 by using parts from 8386.... :classic:

But I don't see that happening without emptying the wallet.

LDD ?

And this is why the "im not bUYINg hero factory because is nOT BONKLE!" people were fools! Fools I tells ya!

But seriously dude, I wouldn't panic. As time goes on and you buy more of the new Bionicle sets, you'll have tons of CCBS to work with! I mean, I felt exactly the same as you back in 2011 when the CCBS was launched, but as time rolled on I slowly amassed a bigger stockpile of parts, and could therefore create more new and interesting character designs. Sure, there's a few interesting parts that you've missed out on, but you can always get them later through Bricklink or eBay.

Edited by LewiMOC

I only got into CCBS with the first wave of Invasion from Below. I've amassed a decent collection since then through buying back some sets and just buying. I wouldn't worry about your collection of it being short for too long if you're going to be buying sets often.

I never got into Hero Factory or picked up some of those Ultra Chi sets

There's your mistake =P

But it should be relatively inexpensive to find "Hero Factory 2.0" and even up to "Break out" parts in the second hand market.

For Canadians, Lego is significantly more expensive to purchase in comparison to the US, although, that's probably the case for almost every country.

I was looking to purchase a new Ultra Laval from the secondary market and the cheapest listing I found (Amazon.ca/Ebay) was $40.00 with free shipping from South Korea. Generally even Bricklink is quite expensive due to the fact, that the best Bricklink stores with all the pieces you want in stock are always in the US. At minimum, you're looking at adding an extra $11.00+ in shipping and another 10% of the cost to convert CDN to USD. On a sidenote, the new 2015 Lego sets haven't even hit store shelves in large retailers such as, TRU/Walmart/Target... and I'm from Toronto >:(

I think I'm just going to slowly build my collection, I've got Kopaka and Lewa currently, but plan on picking up Gali and Protector of Jungle from the Lego Store tomorrow.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

I am in the US, and one way I have bulked up my CCBS collection is scouting out discount stores such as TJ Maxx and Ross. I have pretty often found some small Hero Factory figures, such as Aquagon and Nex, available for lower-than-retail prices. It would also be worth checking the seasonal clearance sections- my Target still has a handful of Evo XL Machines for $21.

Got the day off today and made the following Lego Haul :laugh: !!

Purchased the Star Wars and Tahu sets from the Lego Store, although it wasn't a very good experience :hmpf_bad: . They had no Bionicle 2015 sets on store shelves and I had to wander around for an hour before they could find the Tie Advanced and Tahu in the back inventory. They couldn't even tell me if they had Gali or Protector of Jungle available in the back, cause they were still sorting through their latest shipment. I only picked up Tahu because that was the only Bionicle set the store associate could find and I didn't want to leave empty handed without any new Bionicle :roflmao: .

I found the 3 Ultra Chima bags @TRU, I almost shouted in the store because I was so surprised to see these older sets which are going for quite a bit on the secondary market. The store had 3 Lavals and 2 Worris and I was incredibly tempted to clean house. This was a very good TRU in terms of Lego, although no new Bionicle 2015 sets yet. The TRU near my place had nothing but those Gorillas and Ravens, and those two sets are probably the worst for getting good CCBS parts.

It's gonna take me awhile to through all this Lego and I'm not sure which one I want to open first...

rpeHfqp.jpg

Nice haul, although personally I'd have gotten Gorzan but there we go. Shame about the kerfuffle at the Lego store.