Sign in to follow this  
Big Cam

Classic-Pirates.com is looking for some bloggers

Exciting Opportunity!

Due to the continuous expansion of Classic-Pirates.com, we are looking for two fresh, devoted Blog Editors for the Classic-Pirates blog.

Please be certain you are able to commmit to the requirements before responding. Training Blog Editors consumes valuable time and rescources so we only want submissions from those genuinely interested.

Requirements:

• You must be fluent in written English - this is extremely important!
  • Minimum age of 16.
  • You are not required to download any software or possess special hardware. The Visual Wordpress editor is similiar to standard word processor software.
  • You must be able to maintain a minimum output average of 3 blog articles every 14 days (It takes approximately 1-2 hours to create all three articles - your commitment is just 1 hour per week!)

Advantageous but not essential:

• Familiarity with the Wordpress Blogging platform.
  • Previous experience blogging or writing articles.
  • Graphic design/photo editing skills.
  • Knowledge of XHTML and CSS.

The Benefits:

• You will receive credit as the author of your articles on a continually expanding website. Classic-Pirates.com now recieves 18,000 - 25,0000 unique monthly visitors (Get known throughout the LEGO world!)
  • Your Eurobricks username will appear on the Crew Page (including a biography provided by yourself)
  • Get access to an exclusive hidden forum known as The Shipyard
  • Have the opportunity to be involved in exciting promotions and projects
  • Upon successfully completing your 4-6 week probation you will be awarded a Classic-Pirates Rank and special tag
  • You will have the opportunity to receive promotions within the Shipyard Ranking System and work your way into higher positions.
  • You will receive one-on-one training to further your online technical skills, improve your written English skills and gain valuable experience as a team player - these are transferable skills you can use for future opportunities.

If you meet the requirements please introduce yourself and post your submission of interest in this thread.

Oh golly gee! I actually meet those basic requirements. :pir-cry_happy:

I don't know much about Wordpress Blogging, XHTML, or CSS, but I have had a decent amount of experience in writing. I am also willing to learn about those things mentioned.

My graphic design and photo editing skills aren't too terrible either. I've done a small amount of both, and I have used GIMP as a photo editor for some time now.

I am willing and happy to take on the job if you can't find anyone better, and I wish you the best in finding the perfect Pirate bloggers! :jollyroger:

EDIT: Also, if you need any 'samples' of my small work in writings, graphic design, or photo manipulation I'd be happy to show you some.

Edited by Walt

I meet those requirements actually!

I live in an English speaking country so I can speak English fluently. I go on EB daily so I can commit time to writing. I use Photoshop and can use it properly as well as MSPaint. I actually like writing essays and the such. I used to maintain a blog on Blogspot but life got in the way. I also love Pirates even though I've only posted one MOC on here. I always went for Pirates over Ninjas because of their gentlemanly rougishness and I hope you find the right people for the jobs!

Edited by VolcanicPanik

Love to help out where I can! I've been a professional Graphic/Web designer for the last 12 years I can code in Python/Java. Fluent in HTML5/XHTML and CSS, but also skilled in AS2 and AS3 Flash. I primarily use PS and Painter to bring clients dreams to fruition. Meet more requirements, but you haven't asked for those yet. I know that I don't have many posts here on C-P, but I have been in the forum sphere for a long while, and a Mod elsewhere before that. I prefer for the quality of my content to speak over my quantity.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions, or if I can help in anyway!

KB

Edited by Kookaburra Bomb

I would absolutely LOVE to be a part of this :)

I have 'above basic' skills in working with homepages ;) - as you can see here:

www.dmbreleases.com and www.dreamingtree.dk

And I am an extremely quick learner when it comes to IT

I have also written an article on the 'classic' LEGO house :) - you can find the link in my sig

Besides that, I have written a good number pictorial reviews that include photoshopping: Black Seas Barracuda, Caribbean Clipper, Skull's Eye Schooner, Rock Island Refuge...just to name a few of the pirate related :)

Good luck to all who apply :)

Good replies so far, thank you to all have already applied.

I'll probably leave this thread open a week to give everyone apple time to apply.

Thanks.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring onto the deck as well.

English CHECK

Photo editing CHECK

Blogging CHECK

Dedication CHECK

:pir-sweet:

For a few years I ran a pretty popular blog on 1up.com (video game site in case you don't know) as well as more recent work on another game site where I had review, blog/editorial, and news duties. Since my focus changed to photography and LEGO I have not been working on any blogs, however, I do post regularly here at EB. I'm around pretty much all the time on a computer, phone, or iPad.

As far as the tech portion of requirements - I've been doing HTML professionally since 1994 and CSS since it has been available. I've built websites based on WordPress and the most recent blogging-type position I had was using WordPress as the back end. Photoshop I am also well versed in and have been using since version 4.0, currently I do own my own licensed product. Not sure why everyone is mentioning MSPaint, but yes I am an expert in using the exceedingly simple bitmap software (as a matter of fact, I once created my own version using Visual Basic and once again in Java).

Anyhow, enough about me I think. Let's all get back to looking at some amazing pirate MOCs.

It looks like the interest in this thread has reached its peak.

Thanks for everyone's submissions, we will do a little deliberating and announce in this thread who we decide on. Please note not everyone who is being considered may have posted in this thread.

Check back soon.

Thank you.