Jump to content


Which ship would be the best as a LEGO set?


21 replies to this topic  – Started by Brickington , Apr 30 2012 02:19 PM

#1 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'm new here, so I have no clue if this is already in the forums. Anyway,I think we as the community should support this awesome ship on Cuusoo. And, of course I didn't build it, still the ship is amazing.

-Commander Law

P.S. To see awesome pictures and more: http://www.eurobrick...pic=61406&st=75

Edited by Commander Law, 30 April 2012 - 02:19 PM.

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#2 Sebeus I

Sebeus I
  • Winner of the Third Tournament of Retribution!


    Posts: 1482
    Joined: 04-September 08
    Member: 3891
    Country: Belgium

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

This should probably not be in the MOC-forum (an admin/moderator will probably address you for that).
I posted my Flying Dutchman on Cuusoo and I saw another ship from a member here.
I thought about adding some other ships as well but I figured that one ship will stand out more and attract more attention that way.
It won't be easy reaching 10000 supporters though.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum, 30 April 2012 - 02:50 PM.


#3 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

1st, I thought since I was talking about mocs, it should be here. Second, I saw your ship, and it is very nice. I also saw the other ship which was also nice.

                                Thank you,
            
                                     Commander Law

View PostSebeus Iniwum, on 30 April 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

This should probably not be in the MOC-forum (an admin/moderator will probably address you for that).
I posted my Flying Dutchman on Cuusoo and I saw another ship from a member here.
I thought about adding some other ships as well but I figured that one ship will stand out more and attract more attention that way.
It won't be easy reaching 10000 supporters though.

Wait, you made the Farore's Wind. That ship is totally awesome, it's the best ship ever. That would be AWESOME on Cuusoo.

- Commander Law

P.S. I'm a huge fan of all your ships!

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#4 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Here are some moc ships, and I want you to decide which one would be the best as a Lego set (note: I didn't make any of them).

                                     Farore's Wind by Sebeus Iniwum

Posted Image

Posted Image

                          The Scimitar by Stephen Rowe

Posted Image

Posted Image

                          Scorpion's Soul by Hass Kabal

Posted Image

Posted Image


Please tell which would be the best on Cuusoo. Also, feel free to add some more mocs.

              Thank you,
                    Commander Law

Edited by Commander Law, 30 April 2012 - 06:55 PM.

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#5 Kookaburra Bomb

Kookaburra Bomb

    Posts: 19
    Joined: 01-September 11
    Member: 20178
    Country: Oz

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

I have many mixed feelings when I see a post like this.  

I can understand seeing a great MOC and wanting to have something similar to own, however, I think that there are FAR too many MOCs on CUUSO as it is.  The Modular Western Town is a perfect example of a great IDEA presented well.  This is an idea that Lego can run with and bring US back something special, the 10,000 votes securing their thoughts of it being a good idea or not.  

I do not see the point in supporting other peoples creations solely because you want one.  Why not just get a bricklink list, share the LDD file or go through the hassle of making and selling the instructions?  Obviously Hass Kabal has made a fantastic ship, and would not want all of his hard work wasted, but isn't the point that it's his and he built it?  Should it not inspire others to MOC rather than to just buy?  I would personally love Lego to release more ships along the lines of the IFS and BSB.  I think there was a huge opportunity with POTC to bring something special to the table for The Black Pearl.  New parts are great, but a high piece count ship like the long rumoured Dutchman would have been INCREDIBLE.  

I hope you don't take offense, or that I'm insulting others work.  I Just personally feel like CUUSO was a fantastic platform that's being exploited and worn out too quickly.  Everyday I see a post from someone on Eurobricks saying that his or her MOC should be on CUUSO.  It used to say to me "Wow! I want to try something like that!"

As far as the Scorpion's Soul goes.  That was an amazing thread to read, seeing it evolve, the hard work, approach and the polished end result was astounding.  I would still rather make my own ship than have one though, as ship diversity is great, and we can all inspire each other  :thumbup:

/Rant

#6 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostKookaburra Bomb, on 30 April 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I have many mixed feelings when I see a post like this.  

I can understand seeing a great MOC and wanting to have something similar to own, however, I think that there are FAR too many MOCs on CUUSO as it is.  The Modular Western Town is a perfect example of a great IDEA presented well.  This is an idea that Lego can run with and bring US back something special, the 10,000 votes securing their thoughts of it being a good idea or not.  

I do not see the point in supporting other peoples creations solely because you want one.  Why not just get a bricklink list, share the LDD file or go through the hassle of making and selling the instructions?  Obviously Hass Kabal has made a fantastic ship, and would not want all of his hard work wasted, but isn't the point that it's his and he built it?  Should it not inspire others to MOC rather than to just buy?  I would personally love Lego to release more ships along the lines of the IFS and BSB.  I think there was a huge opportunity with POTC to bring something special to the table for The Black Pearl.  New parts are great, but a high piece count ship like the long rumoured Dutchman would have been INCREDIBLE.  

I hope you don't take offense, or that I'm insulting others work.  I Just personally feel like CUUSO was a fantastic platform that's being exploited and worn out too quickly.  Everyday I see a post from someone on Eurobricks saying that his or her MOC should be on CUUSO.  It used to say to me "Wow! I want to try something like that!"

As far as the Scorpion's Soul goes.  That was an amazing thread to read, seeing it evolve, the hard work, approach and the polished end result was astounding.  I would still rather make my own ship than have one though, as ship diversity is great, and we can all inspire each other  :thumbup:

/Rant

I can agree with that. - Commander Law

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#7 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

Should Lego release the HMS Interceptor? I think they should release it. It could contain: Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Commodore Norrington, 2-4 Royal Navy soldiers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#8 Sinner

Sinner
  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19313
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Ahhhhghhhhh! Please take a breath! Please stop posting topic after topic! Please stop wasting my LEGO time! You've already made six topics, and most of them are much the same. I'm going to merge a few right now, and please, take that breath!





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#9 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostSinner, on 30 April 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Ahhhhghhhhh! Please take a breath! Please stop posting topic after topic! Please stop wasting my LEGO time! You've already made six topics, and most of them are much the same. I'm going to merge a few right now, and please, take that breath!

Sorry, after I posted this, I relized how many topics I did. It's my first day on eurobricks,just excited. again sorry about that.

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#10 Sinner

Sinner
  • Mike's Magical Elf


    Posts: 19313
    Joined: 29-April 07
    Member: 1554
    Country: Australia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostCommander Law, on 30 April 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

Sorry, after I posted this, I relized how many topics I did. It's my first day on eurobricks,just excited. again sorry about that.
It's OK, just remember to take that breath. I'm getting back to making a MOC.  :pir-wink:





Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!


#11 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Please resize your images, the site limit is 800x600 for pictures.

Thanks.

#12 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 30 April 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

Please resize your images, the site limit is 800x600 for pictures.

Thanks.

I don't really know how to, sorry. - Commander Law

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#13 Yawgmoth

Yawgmoth
  • Glory to the Bluecoats!


    Posts: 242
    Joined: 08-April 10
    Member: 10202
    Country: Costa Rica

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostCommander Law, on 30 April 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

I don't really know how to, sorry. - Commander Law

There is a way to make a signature that would be shown in every post; you can set that in your profile, instead of writting it again and again in every post :P ... just saying.

Edited by Yawgmoth, 30 April 2012 - 06:47 PM.

Redesigning classics, with my own flavor :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#14 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

View PostYawgmoth, on 30 April 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

There is a way to make a signature that would be shown in every post; you can set that in your profile, instead of writting it again and again in every post :P ... just saying.

I see, but someone merged all of these. -Commander Law

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#15 Darkdragon

Darkdragon
  • Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa


    Posts: 5109
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

View PostCommander Law, on 30 April 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

I don't really know how to, sorry. - Commander Law

There is a tutorial on that: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=20787

In the meantime large images could just be linked so that you can stay out of trouble.

:classic:

#16 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:56 PM

I believe I fixed the pictures.-Commander Law

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#17 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostCommander Law, on 30 April 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

I believe I fixed the pictures.-Commander Law
You did, thank you. It really makes a difference when trying to load the page now.

#18 Rotaser

Rotaser

    Posts: 10
    Joined: 16-January 12
    Member: 24284
    Country: Germany

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

Back to topic:

How is your question mentioned? Do you mean a MOC as a set or some sort of a more or less "real" ship?

MOC: I love the sea scorpion, just an amazing beauty

For real: What about a small fleet consisting of the Santa Maria, the Niña and the Pinta travelling to undiscovered shores.

Or tje Golden Hind ( flagshipp of the freebooter Sir Francis Drake... what an awesome name!)

#19 Brickington

Brickington
  • It's Tuesday somewhere, right?


    Posts: 2255
    Joined: 29-April 12
    Member: 28288
    Country: USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostRotaser, on 03 May 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

Back to topic:

How is your question mentioned? Do you mean a MOC as a set or some sort of a more or less "real" ship?

MOC: I love the sea scorpion, just an amazing beauty

For real: What about a small fleet consisting of the Santa Maria, the Niña and the Pinta travelling to undiscovered shores.

Or tje Golden Hind ( flagshipp of the freebooter Sir Francis Drake... what an awesome name!)

Thanks, also between the Flying Dutchman and the HMS Interceptor, what one would you pick? Unless you haven't seen the POTC movies. :bonaparte:

Posted Image

~Lord Brickington of Avalonia~

My Flickr | Guilds of Historica | Sir Brickington | My Brickshelf


#20 halfpenguinhalflego

halfpenguinhalflego

    Posts: 820
    Joined: 18-June 09
    Member: 6437
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

My ships should!  :pir_laugh2:
But I love Sebeus' Flying Dutchman!  :pir-vader:
:jollyroger:
My FlickrPosted Image Posted Image  Posted Image

#21 DarkKnightRises

DarkKnightRises

    Posts: 25
    Joined: 03-August 12
    Member: 30017
    Country: United States

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

I think the HMS Dauntless or HMS Endeavour from the pirates of the Caribbean movies or HMS Victory in real life would be really cool also the Flying Dutchman

#22 Cervantes

Cervantes

    Posts: 19
    Joined: 14-July 12
    Member: 29681

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

My top picks:

1. The Adrian (fictional... still awesome.)
2. HMS Enterprise
3. USS Constitution (Any ship that has seen countless real life battles and victories, has been named by George Washington AND is still in service after 200 years has to be ultra badass)

Posted Image



Reply to this topic



  


1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links