Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

NOTE: I'll be expanding this first post later...

Bricklink can be a good place for bargains, but the bigger stores will sometimes ship internationally. Depending on the current exchange rate, it can be a great way to get sets early or at a lower price... but experiences vary. Some sites flat our ban it, others sometimes cancel prior to shipping, but other times you can get a bargain! Common sites include;

Barnes & Noble

Amazon.fr

Amazon.co.uk

To get the conversation started I've moved some relevant posts from the Aussie Sales topic to here.

I just got back from my lunch break to find my Amazon.fr package waiting for me at work. :grin:

00000021.jpg 00000022.jpg

It looked like it had some heavy stuff placed on top of it which squashed the outer box and split it open down the side a bit, and there was a big dusty footprint on the outer box, and the only padding was some brown paper scrunched up to fill the gaps. While I haven't had time to check over it thoroughly, it looks like the boxes inside survived unscathed, but I do have a feeling that I have been lucky this time.

Now I have 2 x 8110 Unimog U400, 2 x 8109 Flatbed Truck, and 2 x 8258 Crane Truck (I already had one previously).

Once again, Amazon comes through with it's quick and cheap shipping (ordered on the 3rd, shipped on the 5th, and in my hands on the 8th of August), but now I have to work out how I'm going to get all of this home on public transport... :wacko:

Edited by Splat

Thanks for that Splat.

My last order from Amazon.co.uk came very smashed up, water got into the shipping box and in turn into the Lego boxes with two of them getting ruined. I sent an email through saying I wasn't happy with how they shipped it and the damage that occurred. Within an hour, they sent me an email apologising, reshipped two replacement sets and told me that I could keep the other ones for whatever I deemed fit. My response was stating that that wasn't necessary, but the two sets had already shipped. I opened up the busted up boxes myself and kept them, and put the 2 new ones aside to go under the K-Mart Wishing Tree at Christmas time. Amazon were all class, so definitely cannot complain!

now I have to work out how I'm going to get all of this home on public transport... :wacko:

hawhaw just take one set home per day. :laugh:

hawhaw just take one set home per day. :laugh:

I ended up catching a taxi home - it ended up costing about as much as the shipping from Europe! I'll have to factor that into the cost next time I do a big shipment like this. I built about 2/3 of the Unimog last night, and should finish it off tonight. Fun times :sweet:

now I have to work out how I'm going to get all of this home on public transport... :wacko:

I managed to get a Diagon Alley, a Hogwarts Battle, a Knight Bus, a Forbidden Forrest, an Earth Defense HQ, and an Alien Defender home by bus so I know its possible :)

Thanks for this info TheDarkness.

Have to decide what to do before the dollar implodes :sad:

Cheers

Inger

Ok, I did some mucking around on Amazon.fr. I took a few items through to checkout, got their final prices in Euros with tax removed, and then converted them into Aussie dollars using XE.com for a guide.

Please note that none of these include shipping, but I have not seen anything exceed 30 euros for 2-4 day delivery, regardless of how much I put in the basket! I put in the Death Star Playset for a 20 euro delivery charge!

Tower Bridge - $228.81

Anakin and Sebulba Podracers - $95.98

Technic Supercar - $114.39

Tantive IV - $147.59

New Millenium Falcon - $163.14

Death Star Playset - $457.62 ($485 or so delivered!)

Diagon Alley - $165.84

Dropship with AT-OT Walker - $257.30

Mindstorms - $257.13

8258 Truck Crane - $148.71

Republic Frigate - $136.03

Motorised Excavator - $183.04

Imperial Flagship - $159.03

I know some of these aren't the cheapest prices going around but hopefully it can give people a guide.

It's been an interesting few days, I put an order in from BN & I believe they only charge PayPal once they have shipped the item. So since ordering, I am likely to have to pay another $5 - $10 :cry_sad: Saying that, I wouldn't be too trigger happy with ordering right now, because if it is the USA & other countries that are in financial strife, surely that will mean our dollar should become stronger. It's just at the moment with all the uncertainty that we seem to take a hit. I don't fully understand it however.

It's been an interesting few days, I put an order in from BN & I believe they only charge PayPal once they have shipped the item. So since ordering, I am likely to have to pay another $5 - $10 :cry_sad: Saying that, I wouldn't be too trigger happy with ordering right now, because if it is the USA & other countries that are in financial strife, surely that will mean our dollar should become stronger. It's just at the moment with all the uncertainty that we seem to take a hit. I don't fully understand it however.

I tend to agree. The Aus $ briefly dropped below parity today but is now back at $1.02 US, and will probably improve a bit more over the next couple weeks. However if you are after Millennium Falcon and you see it pop up on BN and can get it at 30% off, I would grab it now, because it might not be available a week later, and in reality it's only a few $s saving if the Aus dollar goes back up a bit more.

I'm glad you guys are confident....I have been freaking out for the last week about the exchange rate....each time I look at it it's gotten worse, across all the currencies I regularly use - USD, GBP, EURO..... I have no idea how this stuff works and the reason for our dollar losing so much ground lately is not obvious to me......it seems to me like it should be going the other way...but clearly its not...

A couple of things

The Super Star Destroyer has popped up again at S@H with the enticing (not) price tag of $699.95.....

No doubt there will alot of Lego being imported in the first week of September :tongue:

Also B&N have listed Anakin and Sebulba's Podracers, though currently listed Out Of Stock, so hopefully people can use them with the 30% discount code at some stage.

It was just in stock 2 hours ago.

LEGO Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracers 7962

UPC: 0673419145886

Expected Ship Date: August 12, 2011

Gift-Wrap: No

Gift Message: No

-$26.99

$62.96

Shipment Subtotal: $62.96

Shipping & Handling: $12.98

Shipment Total: $75.94

Yep, I just ordered as it came back up :thumbup:

Thanks!

Thanks for letting me know bockers. Unfortunately I was out both times so i missed out.

Yeah you have to be quick for that one

Ah yes I did wonder if it was the difference between Amazon themselves and a third party.

Thanks for the heads up about Brickmania.

It was his sets I was looking at.

Wasn't concerned about the creases so much-just want the set to make with my son :0)

Brickmania has 8 so I will keep an eye on the dollar and how many he has left as the dollar climbs back up again.

Cheers

Inger

Just out of interest - 3 Death Stars?!

Wow! I find it so hard to justify purchasing one because of the price.

I admire your commitment to the cause :0)

I trust you have opened one to build?

Cheers

Inger

From the looks it is because Amazon.fr sold out. The only Death Star there now is from a store seller

I am assuming you are looking at Brickmania?

It says those sets have creases/compressions on the boxes, but just check with him first. I have bought 3 Death Stars from him before, he is great to deal with.

Edited by greenpaw

From FBTB.net

Barnes and Noble Coupon code: A4N4M4V

30% off online Lego (I assume just one item per order)

Its the kids voucher code so if you havn't used it before just need to sign up :thumbup:

Apparently the Millenium Falcon was up at BN briefly the other day, so something for us all to keep an eye out for!

Your all right, the MF has been up and gone, I managed to place an order for one but today have received the following E-Mail from B&N............ it's not good news!!!

We have canceled your order 244473669 as noted below.

Please be advised that these purchases are limited to those customers physically located in the United States and Canada.

Lets hope this "limited to USA/Canada customers" crap ends quickly, otherwise everyone from overseas may not order/receive any Lego sets ever again, why

they've done this? Who know, perhaps they only had a limited amount of stock which I hope they fix and order more next time.

Otherwise it may be an excuse/easy way out for them not to ship overseas at bargain basement shipping fee's.

Well that really sucks if they are starting to do that. How much was it for, and did you use a coupon?

It was the usual US RRP $139.95, so with the 30% off it came to $97.96 which was brilliant........ I restrained myself from ordering any more

then x1 as I had hoped I would have had x1 reserved and shipped....... how wrong I was.

It was the usual US RRP $139.95, so with the 30% off it came to $97.96 which was brilliant........ I restrained myself from ordering any more

then x1 as I had hoped I would have had x1 reserved and shipped....... how wrong I was.

Maybe it was only that set, I grabbed a pyramid 3 days ago and got a dispatch email today.