11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Found him for a good price on Ebay, so I got him.

Year:2000

Piece Count:43

Price:$6.00 USD

The Canister

turbofrost024.jpg

turbofrost025.jpg

turbofrost026.jpg

Putting the canister in the freezer (or any cold environment 41 degrees or lower) will cause a code to appear.

turbofrost028.jpg

The Pieces

turbofrost029.jpg

A lot of interesting pieces that as far as I know, are not available in any other set. Two of them automatically got my attention:

turbofrost030.jpg

The head piece is very cool, with lots of little details. The wheel is very interesting, with a robot molded and printed on the center.

According to Brickipedia, they represent the drivers.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:Roboriders_Wheel.png

Building Process

This set unfortunately didn't come with the instructions, but the seller was nice enough to include a little note to find them online.

turbofrost031.jpg

The overall process is pretty simple, but there is an interesting gear function in it.

The Completed Set

turbofrost032.jpg

Frost has a very unique design, and I love it. It's very sleek, with lots of cool details. I especially like the tubes leading to the ice spears.

Back View:

turbofrost033.jpg

The kick stand is a very nice touch. Without it, the bike would easily fall over.

Front View:

turbofrost034.jpg

Features

Besides the retractable kick stand, Frost has two features. The first is the elevating chassis. Turning the gear on top will cause the chassis to angle, changing the overall appearance.

turbofrost035.jpg

turbofrost036.jpg

Next is probably the most odd feature I've ever seen on a Lego set. The front assembly slides forward. The sides then fold out, and the front wheel will shoot out. It sounds like it would never work, but I was pleasantly surprised...

And I wouldn't necessarily call this a feature, but it can be stored in the canister.

turbofrost037.jpg

Overall

Frost is awesome. The design is cool, the features work well, and he's got some cool parts. I really wish this line could have lasted a little longer, but there's nothing that can be done about that now.

Highly recommended.

Edited by 3D Brickthing
Indexed and poll added

Nice review. I've never seen a review of a Roboriders set before, so this is really cool. I love the features, and the spears are cool too :thumbup:

Good review, man.

This reminds me of how I consider Bionicle, Throwbots, Roboriders, and Hero Factory to take place all in the same universe.

Our first Roboriders review! :wub:

Frost happens to be the only Roborider I purchased originally, while the others I have came years later in second hand lots. Although I think that the pieces involved with the wheel and frame adjustment are mostly useless, the white tubing and trans-blue spears made Frost worth it for me.

It's an interesting coincidence that you got two of the same wheel in your set - they come randomly assorted out of a variety of patterns, so usually both wheels are different.

Hah, I have part of this guy! I got him at a car boot sale a few months ago (and was tempted to make a joke review of it). Yeah, the blue wheels and headpiece are interesting but not very reusable (and I only got like his front half, so reusability was key). Nice review! Keep these oddball sets coming!

This is the first time I've gotten to see what a Roborider set looks like. The concept is kind of neat, but the idea of launching the front wheel seems weird to me. It doesn't really work as a motorcycle without the wheel.

Our first Roboriders review! :wub:

I wonder of Brickthing will be as excited over the first Galidor review. :hmpf:

I wonder of Brickthing will be as excited over the first Galidor review. :hmpf:

I know I have the Mcdonalds Galidor robot dude somewhere... When I find him, I'll certainly review him too. :wink:

Ah, RoboRiders. My interest comes years too late.

Nice review. I didn't know about the fact that a code showed up if you cooled it down. It makes me wonder what the other canisters needed.

Ah, RoboRiders. My interest comes years too late.

Nice review. I didn't know about the fact that a code showed up if you cooled it down. It makes me wonder what the other canisters needed.

All the canisters need to be put in cool environments for the codes to appear.

All the canisters need to be put in cool environments for the codes to appear.

Well that's kinda dumb. There could've at least been a more fitting method for some of them. :|

Well that's kinda dumb. There could've at least been a more fitting method for some of them. :|

Yeah right, like putting Lava's on fire and making Onyx's go through laser blasters.