Sign in to follow this  
Chenben

My MOC ship, "Le Faucigny"

thindexedgif.gif 40c

Hi guys,

After "Bonne Port" i show you a little vessel called "Le Faucigny". I have use two armada flagship parts and make my own sails to look a little bit more realist. I'm out of white bricks, so i have can't do a lot of improvements. It will be for a future version.

This first pic is very blur, we don't see a lot of things

18012008678redim.jpg

Second pic of 3/4 forward

18012008680redim.jpg

I have others pics where we have a better view of the ship but with the older sails.

th_02112007580.jpg th_18012008671redim.jpg

It lack here a lot of ropes and the Foc and Clinfoc sails. I have to make a figurehead, change the poop to. So a lot of details

Edited by SlyOwl

This is really interesting, a couple days ago we got a suped-up version of the Clipper and now a suped-up version of the Imperial Armada ship. It's a pity about the photo quality, do you have access to a better camera. It looks a great ship and I especially like seeing white hulls over the normal brown. Remember to list the details of Le Faucigny in the thread on MOC ship table of comparison.

Here somes pics before with lower masts and before make my own sails.

It have only officer and no one sailors on this pics :

02112007580.jpg

Here with the complete crew but not in the actual version :

18012008671redim.jpg

This first pic is very blur, we don't see a lot of things

18012008678redim.jpg

I be wonderin... If this picture is very blurry then how come you just didn't take another one from that angle?

Lol, sure it's the simpliest method.

But i'm living in Paris where i work and my lego are in my parent's house near Geneva.

I have come over there few days ago, but don't know when i will can take a new pics

These pictures will do fine. I was just wondering why you didn't take another picture at the time. When I do my photo shoots I take a dozen of everything just in case something isn't in focus to my liking. But that's just me X-D

*y* *sweet*

Nice ship!

18012008680redim.jpg

Is that you lying dead in the background? :-D

SlyOwl

This is a mighty decent MOD on the Armada Flagship. Good job!

Those custom sails look pretty nice. What did you use to make them?

Nice ship. Your sails look very nice. But why are the officers holding fake lego guns?
Elementary, dear... Zouave. The whole ship, as nice as it's construction is, is all imitation lego. Very nice ship, though... 8-|

I really like those custom sails of yours.

The old sails are more realistic, but the colorful ones go better with the ship.

Elementary, dear... Zouave. The whole ship, as nice as it's construction is, is all imitation lego. Very nice ship, though... 8-|

It's middle lego and fake lego.

In fact 75% it's lego, 25% chinese brand. I have take a fake lego set to have different pieces in different colours like the guns, falchions, minifigs and faces. I don't care about it. I love construction game like lego, i'm not a pure lego fan boy and the sister's childrens we will play with, so I prefer we don't use my lego.

The quality it's good, there are some pretty idea in somes own pieces.

But on the details the quality is lower (particullary sails) than Lego and i will not buy other set now i have what i want :p

My sails are made in following the forum method. I have use a fabric with a coarse aspect in a sand colour. Perhaps i will color them. I will thinking to that.

Edited by Chenben

I didn't think the fake Imperial Flagship sails looked too bad.

I suppose when mixing them with the authentic sails the discrepancy in quality becomes apparent.

02112007580.jpg

That's right, sails are not so bad, like the all set, the global quality it's enough good. But they are somes default we don't found on real lego set like bad fettling on somes pieces, color of pieces are flashy and had an plastic aspect brilliant. For example, other things we don't see on lego set is to put the minifigs hands. It's not funny at all and the plastic of the arms are braking.

But on the very good point it's the facility to interlock pieces and the really strong connection after.

For the sails I like the black line between the white and blue stripes. I find it pretty. But a lot of wire go away on the sail periphery, and the blason had less precisin. But the good point it's these sails keep an fabric aspect and i find we don't encount that on lego's sails.

Chenben : " The unofficial fake lego tester" :-D

That's right, sails are not so bad, like the all set, the global quality it's enough good. But they are somes default we don't found on real lego set like bad fettling on somes pieces, color of pieces are flashy and had an plastic aspect brilliant. For example, other things we don't see on lego set is to put the minifigs hands. It's not funny at all and the plastic of the arms are braking.

I know exactly what you mean lad - a few months back I did a comparison review between an authentic LEGO sets and an imitation brand. Check out the 6237 Pirates' Plunder Comparison Review