Model Team: Motorized Race Truck

8 replies to this topic

#1 Lasse D

Lasse D

• Pink Poodle

Member: 1144

Posted 24 September 2007 - 08:33 PM

My old race truck has had a major overhaul. Earlier versions received much criticism for not looking like real race trucks, so this time I actually took inspiration from some real trucks! Gone are the two axles with twin diffs in the rear and in comes a solution using the high powered RC engine directly (that motor has already melted a couple of my bricks because of its sheer power).

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have plenty of transparent orange bricks from this crane, but I thought it would be more realistic with non-transparent headlights, a lot of stickers and for the first time ever: no steering knob on the roof!

I was satisfied with the engine and interior (seats with "ears" and 4 point seat belts) from the last version.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

The rest of the truck has changed radically from the exhaust in the side to the damped rear suspension. The steering mechanism uses weights to make it return to neutral when the motor is turned off. This is much more responsive than previous systems and feels like the kind you know from ordinary RC-cars.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

It works best when the batteries are fully charged and I have to warn: The bricks beneath the truck are in a terrible state after having played some hours by driving through gravel and having the steering wheels fall off so that the brick beneath get scraped along the ground  :'-(  (You have to use the old 4 spoke technic brushes for wheel bolts - all other kinds will not hold!)

(Brickshelf gallery)

Edited by Lasse D, 24 September 2007 - 08:37 PM.

#2 Asuka

Asuka

• Pictural Poet

Member: 816

Posted 24 September 2007 - 09:02 PM

That´s a piece of art and a tough sweetheart indeed!  :'-)
Great color scheme and interior, and overall a very elegant desing.
Hmm.... why´re there those 1x? plate-thick gaps between the blue and red plates on the sides?

And your Mobile Crane.... most impressive too....  *wub*

#3 5150 Lego

5150 Lego

• Has a ball of string and isn't afraid to use it

Member: 586

Posted 26 September 2007 - 07:01 AM

Thats beautifull! Exelent detail! With no differentail, that thing must whip out fromunder you real quick!
Calm down... HAVE SOME DIP!

If at first you don't succeed,........ Then skydiving is not for you!

Check it out! www.emergencybricks.com

#4 Sinner

Sinner

• Mike's Magical Elf

Member: 1554

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

I realise I said "I look forward to your next MOC!" in your birthday topic but I was joking! Wow! You are one of those builders who just keeps doing your own thing and keeps producing great results. I love it!  *wub* Your controller is pretty cool. How long is the cable? I was going to try and buy a long cable but I lost interest when I saw the bulldozer. Once I am able to break it I plan to do something similar... 8-|

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Full details on the Siegfried About Me page!

#5 Barbossa

Barbossa

Member: 1697

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:31 AM

Lovely truck Lasse! Great details and the colours are good. *y*

Keep on truckin! :-)

#6 Lasse D

Lasse D

• Pink Poodle

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:08 PM

View PostAsuka, on Sep 24 2007, 11:02 PM, said:

Hmm.... why´re there those 1x? plate-thick gaps between the blue and red plates on the sides?

And your Mobile Crane.... most impressive too....  *wub*

The red plates is an attempt at making flarings  :-D I think the lights looked too boring without something behind them.

But I'm glad you like my crane. Most people don't find cranes that impressive when they aren't resembling real world machines. It is great fun to play with though!

Thats beautifull! Exelent detail! With no differentail, that thing must whip out fromunder you real quick!
Tell me about it! The relatively short makes this truck give you a run for it - I'm not built for that kind of exercise!  :-P

I realise I said "I look forward to your next MOC!" in your birthday topic but I was joking! Wow! You are one of those builders who just keeps doing your own thing and keeps producing great results. I love it! wubnew.gif Your controller is pretty cool. How long is the cable? I was going to try and buy a long cable but I lost interest when I saw the bulldozer. Once I am able to break it I plan to do something similar... look.gif
Don't worry. It was planned before you posted that message - I'm not that crazy!  :-P
The controller has just been updated for a much more reliable design where the trigger returns to neutral instead of reverse. The cables are the long ones about 1 meter that came with 8082. It would be much better with Power Function.
You are right about me being in my own little world. I don't see anyone else building in this scale at the moment, but I have pretty much fallen in love with these little trucks and all their functions. I have pretty much done nothing else this year. There are only about 5 trucks left until I run out of ideas and start building Classic Space mocs.

Lovely truck Lasse! Great details and the colours are good. thumbup.gif

Keep on truckin! classic.gif
Thank you for that comment (And Asuka as well). It was the color scheme I was most worried about in these days with all the new colors out.

#7 Badger

Badger

Member: 17785

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

sweet truck :P
Atr's willys jeep is sweeeet       www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jack6660103

#8 Lasse D

Lasse D

• Pink Poodle

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostBadger, on 22 May 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

sweet truck :P
sweet post :P

Thanks, but don't worry. We will not judge you from your post count.
Necro bumping, however...

#9 Paul B

Paul B

Member: 8056

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

Very nice :)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users