Sign in to follow this  
PaulC

Road Repair Crew

indexed.gif V-LI-01F

My recent purchase of 6187 Road Construction Set has inspired me to make my own road crew. I ended up using... oh, about 10 parts from that set! :laugh: The excavator is made entirely from the 4915 Mini Construction creator set. The rest is my own design. Enjoy!

The Road Repair Crew set out on another job, bringing with them everything they need.

2415820236_94416a55ed_o.jpg

Once arrived they unload and cone off the damaged part of the road, setting up temporary traffic lights.

2415819716_3c5b4b585b_o.jpg

Using a jackhammer they break up the damaged part and scoop it into the truck.

2415819816_e8031a4af6_o.jpg

The truck takes the material back to the depot to be used in other construction work, then it brings back a load of fresh hot bitumen. The crew spreads the bitumen over the hole and roll it flat.

2414997673_84280c2369_o.jpg

The crew can take a break while the new surface sets, then they pack up and are off to the next job!

2414997591_1b2840a5a9_o.jpg

Edited by Phred

Very neat!

It's a great luck TLC don't produce any of the great MOCs I've seen here lately, else I'd bankrupt :grin:

LuxorV

That's awesome! It's make a great addition to any City set-up, I love how it all packs up so easily like that! :thumbup:

~Peace

Thats cool. I especially like the little steamroller, thats a really good design that packs a lot of detail into a tiny package.

Great work there mate. An Awsome mixture of new style and old style. Why carnt the TLC put doors on the vehicles these days. This what i want to see, well done.

Hi, PaulC.

I really like all of the details you've crammed in to this - the lorry is really good.

Have you thought about adding one of those stripey tent things and some black, flat tiles to make a hole in the road?

A good addition to any city layout, thanks for sharing it.

Looks great, your repair crew! :thumbup: I think yellow is a great colour for repair vehicles in general. I can't think of any other colours that would be as good as yellow for such things.

Your vehicles are very detailed. The trucks have doors and the way you created a shovel for the excavator without one of those shovel pieces is really clever.

Edited by legotrainfan

A perfect scenery, with very nice MOCs, lovely detailed and in a good size, plain charming indeed! :classic:

Very nice MOCs!

Although I suggest to turn the driver of the steamroller around,looks a bit odd from what I can see on the pictures. :sceptic:

Anyway I like the vehicles,especialy the truck. :wub:

Paul, this is so so wrong. These men are far to efficient to be a British road repair crew. Where are the cups of tea? Where are the builder's bums? Where are the men lounging around in the cab' of the truck with copies of The Sun ogling Page 3? Where's the guy leaning asleep on his pickaxe? Where is the line of angry frustrated drivers, the bored guy with a "STOP and GO" sign who plays mind games with said drivers? Where is the three-days worth of delay because...well because they just can't be bothered?

Only kidding - this is great! Love the traffic cones, and the...well...the whole thing really.

Dr. S.

This is what i called a real construction set! The size and playability is there. Simple and straight to the point! :thumbup: Great!

These are amazing construction vehicles, PaulC! :thumbup:

I really like how they are built in the classic style and that even the big truck is not wider than six stucks.

These vehicles are simply :wub: - if only TLG would release as little and nice vehicles as these!

Very well done! :thumbup: