Sign in to follow this  
dirk

Clone Bricks - Sand Green

Even though i really need this, i would never buy it. Not sure if it's a good thing. Maybe it pushes lego to reintroduce some elements in sand green. Some colors seem to be stubbornly kept rare for no reason. It's not like they have to make new molds. Every time tlg misses some part of the market, china will fill it for them.

The listing says 'Rebrickable'. Do we know where these come from? Rebrickable doesn't sound like a Chinese bootleg.

Could this be something US or Europe based specifically moulding these rare brick colours specifically for sets such as the GG?

The listing says 'Rebrickable'. Do we know where these come from? Rebrickable doesn't sound like a Chinese bootleg.

Could this be something US or Europe based specifically moulding these rare brick colours specifically for sets such as the GG?

It's manufactured in China and shipped directly from there ... It's a genuine chinese knock-off !

To me that's not a bad thing at all. I like to do MOCs following the rules that it has to be Lego, but to me a MOC is more a design than a final product, and if there are parts that Lego has officially produced but can't be found anymore, then why not substitute?

And really, take black pin/axles or these bushes in black. Many times I've wanted to use them in MOCs, but there's noooo waaaaay I'm gonna pay 3eur for just one of these.

d4e4o5g414l436v5o2x5o2q274o2p4f406l4i5p444z2x2942394z3p4j4f4s2v244q2o294u2.jpg

..so if someone ever releases knockoffs for cheap, and the quality is good, I'll certainly buy them.

Of course, I'd rather buy them from Lego, but if Lego doesn't wanna produce them anymore - their choice.

Sure, it would suck for sellers who may see their parts devaluate, but someone selling a used 2 cents part for 3 eur because it's rare, it's a risk he's taking, and it would too devaluate by 5000% if Lego itself produced them again.

Edited by anothergol