Sign in to follow this  
LandShark

Historical Themes Misprints

I noticed that there was a topic like this in the Star Wars section, I thought us Castle fans needed one!

I've been collecting Castle sets for over 5 years now, and I have gotten a few misprints over the years.

In the Troll Mountain Fortress, I got a particularly interesting one:

cimg6875.jpg

cimg6877.jpg

cimg6878.jpg

It looks awesome! The stripes in the middle really make it look like war-paint. :wub:

When I first saw it, I refused to believe it was a misprint, but then I had a look on Bricklink and at the review here on Eurobricks, and it seems like it's unique.

Obviously, I never called Lego for a replacement part. :wink:

I currently have him equipped with a Blow-pipe:

cimg6879.jpg

Also, what was the deal with the Troll King's crown? On the box, it's bronze/copper, but my one had a plain brown one:

cimg6880.jpg

I've also seen some reviews where the crown's brown ( :grin: ), but an equal number where it's shiny. :wacko:

So, if you have ever had any misprints, this is the place to post them.

I noticed that there was a topic like this in the Star Wars section, I thought us Castle fans needed one!

I've been collecting Castle sets for over 5 years now, and I have gotten a few misprints over the years.

In the Troll Mountain Fortress, I got a particularly interesting one:

It looks awesome! The stripes in the middle really make it look like war-paint. :wub:

When I first saw it, I refused to believe it was a misprint, but then I had a look on Bricklink and at the review here on Eurobricks, and it seems like it's unique.

Obviously, I never called Lego for a replacement part. :wink:

I currently have him equipped with a Blow-pipe:

Also, what was the deal with the Troll King's crown? On the box, it's bronze/copper, but my one had a plain brown one:

I've also seen some reviews where the crown's brown ( :grin: ), but an equal number where it's shiny. :wacko:

So, if you have ever had any misprints, this is the place to post them.

That is one cool misprint! *huh*

My Troll King has the brown crown, too. Never knew it was supposed to be shiny.

That's one cool Orc misprint. I want one! :laugh: I also got the brown crown. I was disappointed when I opened it, but it's grown on me. I don't think I've ever gotten a misprint, unless this one counts...

5820058274_fc87f68ef2.jpg

I've gotten three types of this face. One on the right, on on the left, and then one in between. I did get a CMF Forestmen misprint though. now that I remember. He had a cross through one eye. Another on had a red beard. Weird

I traded blended dark orange/reddish brown dwarf beard from my friend who got it from Dwarves Battle pack. It can be seen in this bit blurry photo.

Edited by pig

That's one cool Orc misprint. I want one! :laugh: I also got the brown crown. I was disappointed when I opened it, but it's grown on me. I don't think I've ever gotten a misprint, unless this one counts...

Yeah, I've got a few minor face misprint's too.

It's interesting to see that both you and Ogre got the brown crown. :sceptic:

And, 'pig', that actually a really cool beard, you just need a two-coloured helmet to go with it. :wink:

Also, I've heard a lot about the Pink Lion Knights. When the red colour was faded to pink in an early batch of Kingdoms sets. If anyone got those, would you mind posting some pictures?

And, 'pig', that actually a really cool beard, you just need a two-coloured helmet to go with it. :wink:

Also, I've heard a lot about the Pink Lion Knights. When the red colour was faded to pink in an early batch of Kingdoms sets. If anyone got those, would you mind posting some pictures?

I'm not sure if the "red was faded to pink" or if it was just a really THIN printing of white over red that made the pinkish hue. I never noticed that effect with any of my troops, so I can't really say.

I think TLG had only made the crown in brown so everyone started complaining about dull crowns. Then TLG got their act together and started making them in Bronze.

I think I might have some pink torsos here:

p1030865.jpg

First row of soldiers, second to the right.

Edited by K-nut

I think TLG had only made the crown in brown so everyone started complaining about dull crowns. Then TLG got their act together and started making them in Bronze.

I think I might have some of them here:

*snip*

First row of soldiers, second to the right.

That looks like a normal 'chrome gold' crown, to me...which has been around a long time.

In the parts list for the Trolls' Mountain Fortress, the troll crown is indicated as being bronze in colour, not brown, so I'm guessing it's a mistake if you got the brown one, like I did.

I actually have some old misprinted castle bits. I bought them on a flea market, and I suspect that they might have been taken out from the actual production. I don’t really have pictures of all of them though.

img0336mz.jpg

Here we have a good example. One of the wall pieces is printed upside down. I actually have multiple of these. I also have some other bits from the same source that are misprinted or missing their prints entirely. I have a lot of wolf pack torsos without arms that have all sorts of misprints. Missing black background, smudged red edge, off-center wolf head, smudges wolf heads missing their eyes or a combination of it all. I have some horse bardings and horses with no print at all. I also have some all-white bicorners for that flea market, but those aren’t really castle parts. I’ll see if I can get around to taking some pictures.

That looks like a normal 'chrome gold' crown, to me...which has been around a long time.

In the parts list for the Trolls' Mountain Fortress, the troll crown is indicated as being bronze in colour, not brown, so I'm guessing it's a mistake if you got the brown one, like I did.

I meant the pink torsos. :facepalm: I gotta be more specific! :laugh:

I got the brown crown too. Damn shame. Ironic it's worth more than the copper on Bricklink. :laugh:

I'm not sure if the "red was faded to pink" or if it was just a really THIN printing of white over red that made the pinkish hue. I never noticed that effect with any of my troops, so I can't really say.

I looked it up you're right, I don't know why I thought it was the red faded. :blush:

Just remembered that I had a slightly misprinted pig in the Mill Village Raid set, I'll try and post pictures soon.

And did anyone here actually get the copper crown? :dwacko:

(I had no idea we had Dragon emoticons :dhappy: )

(I had no idea we had Dragon emoticons :dhappy: )

They're new. Much better than the others. :dhappy:

I might have some faded pink Lion knight torsos in my unopened castle set. Otherwise I think I overlook most faults. I had the non-chrome gold bars from POTC and didn't notice until everyone was complaining about it..

I have taken a couple of pictures of my misprints and my missing print castle and pirate parts.

img0664fr.jpg

My armless wolf pack torsos, a normal wolf pack figure for comparison, and a terribly misprinted parrot. Not all of the torsos are really misprints. The top row is fine, the second one is somewhat off center, the third has one with a brown edge instead of a red one and one with a little gap between the black background and the red edge, and the fourth row is the worst.

img0660dg.jpg

Missing prints.

I meant the pink torsos. :facepalm: I gotta be more specific! :laugh:

Actually, re-reading that post of yours, *I* was the one who misread it. LOL

Yes, I can see some of the 'pinkishness' in that fig quite clearly.

I might have some faded pink Lion knight torsos in my unopened castle set. Otherwise I think I overlook most faults. I had the non-chrome gold bars from POTC and didn't notice until everyone was complaining about it..

I didn't notice with the gold, either.

BUT...you can bet yer butt that I wrote to LEGO as soon as I found out that they were replacing them! LOL (extra pieces, dontchaknow *g*)

img0660dg.jpg

Missing prints.

Those horses would be FANTASTIC for use as statues and the barding is great for pretty much any 'blue-based' cavalry unit. Very cool!

Thanks for posting them Runamuck, very interesting.

You could use the unprinted horses as statues. :wink:

Anyway, here's that pig I was talking about:

cimg6881.jpg

Fine from this angle...

cimg6882.jpg

Still fine...

cimg6883.jpg

Gah!

I haven't called Lego for a replacement part, he's kind of grown on me. :dblush:

Anyway, here's that pig I was talking about:

Fine from this angle...

Still fine...

Gah!

I haven't called Lego for a replacement part, he's kind of grown on me. :dblush:

(pics not quoted)

Okay, I am not ashamed to admit that I just laughed VERY HARD at that! I'm not sure though if it was due to the pig, or your response. :laugh:

cimg6883.jpg

Gah!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have the same one! I just needed to check after seeing this. I basically fell off my chair downstairs.

I don't know if it is a misprint but I have eleven Crown shields where the dark blue & medium blue fields are flipped. Got all of them in set 5615: The Knight.

One Fantasy Era-torso has blue/dark blue quarters instead of medium blue/dark blue.

LandShark

That pig reminds me of Heidi the cross-eyed opossum. :laugh:

I would love to get pig like this! Thanks for showing it tro us!

I think misprints are great "feature". They make our Lego world diferent :D

(But its sad to hear about pinkish torsos, I never had one of those...)

(pics not quoted)

Okay, I am not ashamed to admit that I just laughed VERY HARD at that! I'm not sure though if it was due to the pig, or your response. :laugh:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I have the same one! I just needed to check after seeing this. I basically fell off my chair downstairs.

I would love to get pig like this! Thanks for showing it tro us!

Thanks, guys.

:laugh:

I think misprints are great "feature". They make our Lego world diferent :D

I completely agree. The way that most misprints are unique really makes the piece, and your whole collection, feel special . :classic:

I'm searching my collection for any more misprint's. Obviously I'll post here as soon as I find any. :wink:

Not sure if its a misprint but all the bronze helms and axes with my dwarves mine were brown.

Edited by Beefbanana

Not sure if its a misprint but all the bronze helms and axes with my dwarves mine were brown.

Hmm... sounds like it could be similar to the brown crown thing, would you mind posting some pictures?

Also, I've just realized that the sub-heading for this topic is 'Have you even got any?'.

Could a Mod please change it to 'Have you ever got any?', like I originally intended. :blush: