Sign in to follow this  
Saberwing40k

Terex to liscense UCS crane models, other machinery.

This morning, I came across a press release from Terex regarding an apparent new modeling partnership with Lego. This release, which my dad got, had some very interesting information, especially for us Technic builders.

April Fools!

Works for you, and your Lego men too!

We at Terex are proud to announce a line of buildable models, in partnership with the Lego Group. We hope to eventually recreate every machine in our line, and from the venerable companies Demag and Gottwald as well. Why? This project is very much to stimulate the minds of future engineers and operators, by giving them a hands on experience of what operating machinery is like. The sets will be for all ages, from youngster to adult, including a line Ultimate Collector models, with true to life functionality and looks. We sincerely hope that this program will tremendously benefit both companies.

The above quote is quite interesting, as it would seem to imply that the models will be produced at both town and Technic scale. This is backed up by another part of the release, a brochure of the sets to be launched this year. The most relevant to us are the following:

31006, Terex AC-200

Price: 300 USD

Part count: 3176

Note: the prices were converted from Euros, by me, so consider them approximate.

Going by the price, this model is about the size of 42009, but with more panels and likely more Power Functions parts. In the pamphlet is a small picture, indicating that the model will not be in corporate livery, but in the colors of Wagenborg.

31007, AC 1000

Price: $700

Part count: 9238

Yikes! this is probably the range topper for the cranes, as indicated by the fact that it has much more of a description, indicating the development is farther along.

Build the mightiest crane of the Terex stable! With full Power Functions control, and an impressive, 3 meter long main boom, the largest lifts seem small.

• Measures over 3 meters tall when fully erected.
  • Fully Motorized functions, just like real
  • Variable steering
  • Realistic lights
  • Other liveries and luffing jib to come.

I've seen a picture of it in the brochure, it's so big it's in two boxes, and is in corporate livery, meaning it has lots of white parts. the boom seems to be a hybrid of new and regular studless panels, and the outriggers make extensive use of the new 3x11 panels. Finally, the boom raising cylinders appear to be new, modular linear actuators, as are the tires, which appear to be the same size as the old 24x43 tires, but for modern rims. I want this, so much.

Both of the above sets are slated for an August 2014 release, and there is more planned, two models a month throughout the rest of 2014 and into 2015. Better start saving, because some of the future ones sound cool.

????? AK-912 GT

I only saw a brief mention of this, and a few other things that do not correspond to anything in Terex's current product lineup, which indicates that they were not kidding about making the Gottwald stuff, as the AK-912 was a Gottwald product. It had a picture, but no set number, and it appears to have the full boom, and derrick, with both being studless lattice structures, apparently with a new part in them.

Well, that's all I've got for now, I may upload some scans and more info in the future.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!

Looks like April fool's joke.

Both sets (31006 and 31007) already exist. Technic series uses different numbers. Google is silent.

2108_0.jpg

April fools or not its an impressive crane, I cant see lego doing this because the box would be huge.

Edited by JM1971

Or they could just offer instructions and a supplement parts pack when you buy two 42009.

that way you can build that awesome monster.

I heard that the concept car from AvtoVAZ is going to produce its most popular model VAZ-2106 1:1 scale price and the amount of detail I do not know exactly but for sure it is simply spectacular model :))))))

P.S. In general, the author of fellow, I laughed especially model

31007, AC 1000

Price: $700

Part count: 9238

We would like it to be true, but this will not happen, because even able to buy this model is negligible: (

Edited by 0RBlT

earlier today i had the pleasure of providing fuel to such a beast that was installing a windmill.

mighty big machine.

each outrigger weight 13tons on its own.

it has 190tons counterweight stacked on the back of it.

but the one i fueled up had a lattice boom of appoximatly 110meter

and oja it has 4 fueltanks with a total off just under 2000 liter.

building it in lego is gooiing to be hard.

grtz

johnny