Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

The Laughing Dwarf - Challenge 3 A

Wyndor's Saga:

See what happened prior to this: Returning

15906495467_a934099ff1_c.jpg

Before leaving Dalig Ulv, Rothgar took time to visit the statue of The Laughing Dwarf found just outside Treacleheim.

16090320861_ef0ef12dbc_c.jpg

15472971913_90d01d0751_c.jpg

OoC: I really wanted to get a different feel for my statue than what had already been done. Let me know what you think of the result.

Let me know what you think of the result.

I think this is great. Haven't seen a laughing/smiling statue before. Makes it really friendly - a very positive MOC.

Really nice entry MK! I like the axe and the beard! Would prefer the axe to have just light bluish tho

I think this is great. Haven't seen a laughing/smiling statue before. Makes it really friendly - a very positive MOC.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it sounds strange from someone who is building for nocturnus, but this build has a good vibe about it.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it sounds strange from someone who is building for nocturnus, but this build has a good vibe about it.

Thanks guys!

Really nice entry MK! I like the axe and the beard! Would prefer the axe to have just light bluish tho

I had the same wish, but did not have the longer slope pieces in any shade of gray. And had I just used the shorter slopes it wouldn't have felt like an axe.

Great work MKJosh, a very clever and unique build! I love all the different takes on this particularly challenge.

I think this works really well. Great usage of the mixel joints and the intended lighthearted nature of the MOC comes through beautifully with the face. :thumbup:

Truly delightful work here!

I'm glad you like it Jakorin!

Great work MKJosh, a very clever and unique build! I love all the different takes on this particularly challenge.

Thank you ME! That's high praise from you!

I think this works really well. Great usage of the mixel joints and the intended lighthearted nature of the MOC comes through beautifully with the face. :thumbup:

I'm glad the right feeling came through!

Nice idea to make a statue thats not solemn. The base/border also looks neat.

Thank you Dan! I was trying some different base techniques, glad you like it!

His helmet might be my favorite section :thumbup: The laughing face and beard are great too, though :classic:

Yes, his helmet went through a number of variations. I'm glad you like the final version!

Clever idea! I like it!

Thanks Vlad!

Great entry! That beardwork is super-cool, and the axe, while straightforward, is terribly imposing.

Great build, MKJ!

That whimsical face with the comical smile is very nicely built! I also like the beard with the different braids or strands. The axe is very neat, and I wish you had the black pieces in light bley, but you have to deal with parts limitations...

Damn! :blush:

That's lovely. Great work Josh! :thumbup:

Excellent idea and execution. :sweet:

Edited by Mazin