Sign in to follow this  
Arcturus24

[UoP DoH] Medieval House

It's been a while since I posted my last MOC, I've been busy with exams and figuring out some photography stuff.

I've been working on a pretty generic medieval house, mostly to try out some techniques and just get some practice building in general.

I'd like to submit this build to the University of Petraea, but since it's not really related to the Guilds I thought I'd post it here.

The categories I'd like to submit in are Roofing, Roof Rakes and Interior Design.

Now on to the build:

27943842286_73e6732318_z.jpg

A general shot of the front. I intended to plate up the roof, but the interior floors ate all my brown plates...

27943847876_2573512791_z.jpg

27900733201_e3fa5d4176_z.jpg

Other shots of the exterior, also focusing on the rakes. I also tried timber framing on the upper floor.

27900738621_b219f1ef4e_z.jpg

27978146885_496e29711c_z.jpg

27978150825_cf6feb38d9_z.jpg

27876425542_229414405d_z.jpg

27365033894_0671380bc4_z.jpg

The interior, featuring a bookcase, desk, bed, table and larder.

Critique and tips are appreciated, this has really been a learning thing :wink:

Arcturus

Tough I'd recommend to add some relief to your roof, the interior makes up for that! Nice build :thumbup:

Very nice house, I really like the roof angle! The interior is great as well. :thumbup:

Edit: +1 for the UoP credits.

Edited by Kai NRG

Nice one, adding some risen or parts of a slightly different colour on red roof would improve it and make it look more realistic, more like a weathered roof in fact. UoP +1 for the roof rakes. Though I don't feel that there is enough detail for the interior design credit. Adding some pictures on the walls would make it look a lot more homely and realistic.

As others have stated, some tiles and variation would bring that roof to life, however the modularity and interiors are nicely done.

The outside is very clean, and has moderate but elegant details. The roof has a nice shape, but I agree with the others; could use some tiles. The furniture on the interior looks good, but I think it's too clean, as in: there is no liveliness to it. You could add a burning candle and a letter on the desk, a chair, some spices in the closet; those kind of things. And something to cover up the technic pins on the upper floor. But, it's a nice building nonetheless. :classic::thumbup:

Nice house! :thumbup: I don't have much to add on the roof, and others have already commented on it before. However, I think adding a couple of furniture would be good. For example, the interiors will be awfully dark once the fireplace will go off :laugh: Adding lanterns for each floor would help with that. Adding a couple of chair/stool to downstairs will make the owner happier too, since sitting while eating is much more comfortable. Also, adding bottles, glasses, food, perhaps a food barrel or a little wine barrel would add up the liveliness of the place. While optional, you can add a window (a large one, which takes 4 studs in length) to the windowless wall on the second floor, preferably a larger one. Lastly, the little vine on the outside is a nice touch, you might consider making it larger by adding more plant limb pieces, or perhaps even adding few flowers on it. But even as it is now, I like how that house turned out! :sweet:

Edited by Sorrelon

Very nice house! The wall texture on the bottom story is good, and the vine is a great touch, though a few more leaves would make it even better :thumbup:

The bookcase and bed are nice too. +1 UoP for the roof rakes :classic:

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I really appreciate all the helpful tips. I'll be sure to remember them for my next build!

Good half-timber house, the roof rakes and hanging lanterns are excellent :thumbup: Nicely incorporated hinging interior too :classic: