Hi there!

This MOC began by trying to create something else. I was experimenting with L motors and trying to get the scale right for my next project, and I ended up making a mini chassis that was great fun to drive around. I decided this side project was more interesting so I kept going. My wife says it's 'very cute'; not quite what I was going for. :classic: I would've liked to get suspension in the model, but I found there wasn't enough space for my skill level. This MOC isn't based on anything, it's just a fun little RC model.

Specs

- 2x L motors at 3.33:1

- 1x Servo

- functional hood

- functional boot (battery access)

- working front lights

- 30Lx15Wx14H (in studs)

- 642g

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

005.JPG

More images at Bricksafe.

I had a ball driving this jeep around the house. It looks offroad, but it can only be driven on flat surfaces. The turning circle is quite tight, and the wheels skid a bit as it turns at full speed.

Once again, feedback is appreciated.

Edited by Chade

Awesome model! Maybe smaller front lights would make it less cute. But I thinks it's good as it is.

That looks really compact! Can we see the underside?

The lines are really well done and smooth!

BUT where's the 4x4? Where's suspension? whats with the low ground clearance?

I guess its more of a modded, lowered street version :laugh:

Try using smooth fat wheels on it, that should make it roll smoother on flat grounds.

Nicely done! The PF elements look well hidden and overall a very neatly made model. Finding the right tires is tricky at this scale, but Zblj is right, a more street style tire would work well.

First off, great little moc.

I think only thing making it "cute" is very low front bumper, maybe take off bottom panels section and give it a try?

Yes... nice smaller Wrangler... Are there 2 L motors needed? By 500g models by 3:1 gearing is also 1 L motor enough... Great build... :)

Max...

I think it's great the way it is, but if you want less "cute" I'd try making the headlights more aggressive (more like the tail lights - maybe an angled 1x2 trans-clear or trans-black tile instead of the 2x2 boat plates).

I agree with others above- the front shaping is very nice. And the grill really sells it as a Jeep of some type. Lovely all-around! :sweet:

Which kit does contain that mini battery pack?

There are about 6 train sets with Power Functions that have it, otherwise Bricklink.

(Comment removed due to double post :look: )

Edited by Chade

Thanks for the comments everyone. I really don't mind the model being 'cute', anything small has a cuteness factor. Thanks for the suggestions to remove the cuteness.

That looks really compact! Can we see the underside?

The lines are really well done and smooth!

BUT where's the 4x4? Where's suspension? whats with the low ground clearance?

I guess its more of a modded, lowered street version :laugh:

Try using smooth fat wheels on it, that should make it roll smoother on flat grounds.

If you click on the bricksafe link, there's an underside shot there. I know the model is lacking, it's definitely form over function... so 'modded lowered street version' it is :grin:. I tried the smooth wheels, but it doesn't look as good.

Yes... nice smaller Wrangler... Are there 2 L motors needed? By 500g models by 3:1 gearing is also 1 L motor enough... Great build... :)

Max...

2 L motors is a bit of overkill, but gives the model a bit more power when geared up. Fun to drive!

Very nice compact build.

Which kit does contain that mini battery pack?

Like sevenstuds said, train sets (I don't think they're rechargable though), or brinklink or the lego shop.

The video is now up on the first post.

Like sevenstuds said, train sets (I don't think they're rechargable though), or brinklink or the lego shop.

The rechargeable ones are in Horizon Express and Emerald Night sets. If you get it separately, just remember the #8887 transformer.

Lovely compact and fast!!!

Thanks 2Lego! I'm really happy with how fast it is.

This looks and drives really cool. I'm not sure if it's your intention, but the headlight size and profile of the front makes it look almost like a Land Rover Discovery. If you just changed to the slick or rounded tires on those wheels and added second row seats and a roof, it'd be instantly recognizable as a LR Disco.

This looks and drives really cool. I'm not sure if it's your intention, but the headlight size and profile of the front makes it look almost like a Land Rover Discovery. If you just changed to the slick or rounded tires on those wheels and added second row seats and a roof, it'd be instantly recognizable as a LR Disco.

Thanks Lego Dino! I see a resemblence to the discovery, but I think it's closer to a wrangler, or as victor pointed out a Mopar Lower 40 (minus the bumper). It really isn't based on anything specific though.

compact, fast, powerful, clean. I like it and want to build it. (I gave it a like on Youtube)

Thanks Samer! and thanks for the like :classic:. I managed to shave 9 grams off the back so it's quicker now (well, very slightly :laugh:)

Edited by Chade

Thanks Samer! and thanks for the like :classic:. I managed to shave 9 grams off the back so it's quicker now (well, very slightly :laugh:)

Well, to appreciate a little fraction in extra speed, ask Bolt :laugh: