Kalais

Registration - Worst lego theme?

Hi,

I just registered. There was a question - "Worst lego theme?" or something like that.

I typed "Friends" and got prompted with error that is not correct answer.

Haha, lol?

For me it is correct answer ;) So what is the worst lego theme accroding to the board? :)

Cheers.

P.S. Sorry for my english, I am not english native.

For me, Town "Jr." starting circa '97-'99, where the sets were over simplified and blocky. That or World City, circa 2003+. That seemed to be the new direction of City sets, going to a larger vehicular format (6W). Most of those sets seemed a bit futuristic and unappealing IMO :classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

Galidor is really the worst though.

It was terrible. Even the TV series was terrible and the sets are pretty much the clunkiest. Jack Stone was pretty poor but Galidor.... eugh.

As others have said..... Galidor.

And that theme that had dolls (like Barbies).

That or World City, circa 2003+.

:distressed: I didn't remember those. This "police car" is plain awful

7030-1.jpg

Thats "Friends" I was talking about in first post :)

For me it is correct answer ;) So what is the worst lego theme accroding to the board? :)

Cheers.

P.S. Sorry for my english, I am not english native.

That would be the Galidor theme, based off of the YTV and Fox Kids television show, Galidor: Defendors of the Outer Dimension.

The "bad-ness" of the sets is one of those bits of long-running trivia that every group of fans has. It's even been referenced in Ninjago sets, with the "Skalidor" Constrictai named after it.

As others have said..... Galidor.

That would be Scala.

:distressed: I didn't remember those. This "police car" is plain awful

7030-1.jpg

That's actually one of my favorite sets from the World City theme. It'd be nice if the cockpit was closed, but I like the way it's built lower to ground. The shape reminds me of the sort of car police on television would drive back in the '70s.

Yeah, Scala is pretty hard to look at. Had some cool accessories though.

I think Galidor is the most obvious, I myself don't like Friends, but Scala is much worse... In short, I pretty much agree with everything said here. I never really thought about the worst theme, I usually just ignore the ones I don't like.

I agree with Scala and Galidor being poor LEGO themes.

Though I personally am not into the Friends theme, I think it is an excellent theme to appeal to girls. I also like the new parts and colors used in the theme that can be used well beyond just for Friends sets.

Hah, I recently got back to Lego and haven't got idea about Scala and Galidor. Also thought Scala and Friends are the same theme ;)

Well, good to know what should I avoid ;)

I rather divide themes on a continuum of personally appealing to unappealing, rather than good or bad.

If its about gut feeling though, Galidor (the obvious candidate) doesnt rile me, because it came and went during my "dim" ages and I dont see it as a System line. Its rather other System themes that piss me off, like Speed Racer, World Racers, or garish and "loud" semi-futuristic kid-oriented action themes (Chima, Atlantis) that take up valuable System slots which are "wasted" on me. Im thinking Elves will fit here, though its too early to say yet. The other girl-oriented themes not so much. Belville at least had some cool parts, as does the Friends theme.

Well, cheers for that then.

:cry3:

Such is the wonder of Eurobricks though, all organised so people don't have to look at what they don't like. :tongue:

Galidor is really the worst though.

It was terrible. Even the TV series was terrible and the sets are pretty much the clunkiest. Jack Stone was pretty poor but Galidor.... eugh.

I think I'm in the small minority who likes the show... it's a guilty pleasure. :grin:

But yeah, the LEGO sets are terrible. The locations were the most interesting parts of the show and the sets fell flat because LEGO chose to focus on action figures.

Edited by montyofmusic

I preferred Ace Lightning at the time :grin:

So, if worst LEGO theme is so devisive or unknown: Does anyone have a suggestion for anit-robot measures?

I preferred Ace Lightning at the time :grin:

So, if worst LEGO theme is so devisive or unknown: Does anyone have a suggestion for anit-robot measures?

Dare I say their name...

SOUVENIR FRIDGE MAGNETS!

That's actually one of my favorite sets from the World City theme. It'd be nice if the cockpit was closed, but I like the way it's built lower to ground. The shape reminds me of the sort of car police on television would drive back in the '70s.

I actually bought that car for that very reason. :laugh: Apart from the lights it was one of the few sets from that era of City, that I actually liked, but still a bad time for that theme IMO. Then again I just saw Galidor for the first time :sick::classic:

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

Dare I say their name...

SOUVENIR FRIDGE MAGNETS!

Camp town ladies sing this song...

:laugh: (I see what you did there)

Not sure if I we can get those to work over the internet. Any other suggestions people?

Dare I say their name...

SOUVENIR FRIDGE MAGNETS!

Fry cracked corn, I don't care

Leela cracked corn, still don't care

Bender cracked and he is great

Take that you stupid corn!

Galidor doesn't look like lego tho.. if it was actual lego minifigures I'm sure it would get a different overlook. For me it'd also have to be friends.. the theme is just so bland.. I mean sure it has some interesting color parts. But couldn't they have made the female figs actual lego minifigs? Come on lego!

Guess it is time to stand up for one of my favorite themes, FRIENDS!

Hard to define worst theme offered by LEGO because it depends on how you define that term...worst?

Does it refer to the one that 1. interests you the least? Or the one that 2. looks the most awful? Or the one that 3. fell apart most often? Or .....4. whatever.

So for the sake of livening up this thread, 1. would be (wait while I grab a full set of body armor and run for the nearest bomb shelter, this could take a while....) SW. Except for a few outstanding female figs and Lando Clarissian ( a real hunk,), I have to admit that I have never seen this show in any form, and never will. And never will understand who these people are supposed to be and all the uproar over such non-fiction. But then I am not into sic-fi or fantasy type themes. And as a woman in my sixties, definitely am not in the target market for this theme. Nuff said.

2. Lots of today's fantasy themes, but I do admit to owning the lovely Temple from Chima....it is just flat out gorgeous, so I consider it an Architecture set!

3. Lots of sets have fallen apart easily in our household, but then we usually don't follow instructions very well or can't see all those little parts and colors well enough to build things right. Yup, we just throw the little buggers together however we can and brace them as needed so they don't collapse too often, but we never use glue. (Have threatened to kill hubby over that topic....he threatens now and then when he can't understand the instructions, but he has never been an instructions kind of guy. )

Waiting for incoming mortars, cheerio!

Not sure if I we can get those to work over the internet. Any other suggestions people?

How about a simple "What order were they released?" set-up? There could be pictures of four iconic sets, going from brick-on-top-of-brick building, to modern day SNOT techniques. Underneath each picture, you type the order it was released, from 1-4.

For set choices, I was thinking:

375: Castle

6285: Black Seas Barracuda

7140: X-Wing Fighter

10182: Cafe Corner

Or, you could just have a list of sets and enter only one name in as the earliest, without any pictures. But, that idea would be open to exploitation, since it would be fairly easy to just pick the one with the lowest number and enter that. Of course, you could prevent that by sticking to 4 digit set numbers, but that could be a turn-off even more than the Galidor question, unless you already have a general idea of what themes were released and when...

Is there an option to get a new question? I seem to remember this when I registered, as I knew the answer to the first question but debated whether I could type the exact wording in for the system to accept it. This seems like a good option to me, just like in the other internet securities where you need to type the numbers or letters. There is usually an option to ask for another image in case you do not think you can read it completely accurately.

Also, what happens if you answer incorrectly? Are you automatically rejected, or are you given another chance? Perhaps there should be 3-4 questions given from the start and the new user must answer one of them. That way he or she could choose the answer that they know the best. I still do not know the best way to handle spelling and wording issues, though.

For questions, I think the main characters from unlicensed themes might work well, as in "What LEGO theme was Ogel from?" or "What colors represent the ninjas Kai, Cole, Jay, and Zane?"

Of course these are fairly time and theme specific, but they would be commonly known and there could still be an option to ask for another question.

For my luck, there was a second question and it was different. I don't know how many tries u got, but I answered correct on 2nd one.

Anyway, the question for worst Lego set is not really good idea. I bet many ppl like Galidor. Well, I am not one of them, but someone must like it...

Choose other question is really good idea. It is common option on many captchas.