Sign in to follow this  
nerdsforprez

picture help

I know this gets posted probably a dozen times a day, but here it is again :(

I have read the forum rules and posts regarding posting photos, and nothing is working. I have a mocpages account, go to the pictures, and try to uplaod pics from there and nothing works. I have read on the forum that I need to go directly to the jpeg URL, which honestly I think I am doing but am not 100% sure. How can I be sure? Here is an example of the URL:

http://mocpages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=398186&id=/user_images/100020/14125065471

I go to the icon "my media" and cannot upload anything there either. When I try, nothing happens. I never try to upload anything larger than what is specified in the rules of the forum.

When on MOCpages, you can right-click on your image and in the menu choose 'view image' or the equivalent. This will show your picture all on its own, and THEN you can copy the URL (ending with '.jpg'). In this case, you should have: http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/100020/14125065471_DISPLAY.jpg

You should then be able to use that URL to post your picture here. :classic:

Sorry about the very late response, and I don't know if this would help anyone. I don't know the specifics of deeplinking images from MOC pages, as I personally use Brickshelf, but I wonder if you might be up against the Internet Explorer problem. My first attempts to deeplink images on the new members only 'Practice posting here' thread did not produce any results, and when I inquired as to why on that forum, I received this reply from Peppermint M;

Are you using internet explorer? The board software and IE do not play nice. Compatibility Mode helps if you can't use another browser.

I immediately switch to browsing this site with Google Chrome, and success! I can now post pictures of Larry driving a Town JR car without his paaaaaaaaaants!

paaaaaaaaaaants02.jpg

Edited by Bornin1980something