Bregir

My first modular: A townhouse

indexed.gif B-RM-6A

Hi all

Not so long ago, I fell over the modular buildings, which reignited my love for LEGO's.

Now I finally got around to post some of my creations. This is my first try at a 16x32 modular. I could only figure out how to attach a single photo, but I hope it gives a general idea.

Its basically an old town house, but built without a specific goal in mind. It was mainly e test of some different techniques and to see how it would look.

It has no interior apart from a staircase to the first floor.

Front view:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bregir/Modulars/img_1514.jpg

Back view:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bregir/Modulars/img_1515.jpg

Together with the others. I find it fits in better than I thought it would.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bregir/Modulars/img_1496.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bregir/Modulars/img_1498.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Bregir/Modulars/img_1502.jpg

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Bregir

PS. What do you guys do to put more pictures in your posts?

Edited to deeplink pics.

Edited by Bregir
Changed over-sized images to deep-links.

Hi all

Not so long ago, I fell over the modular buildings, which reignited my love for LEGO's.

Now I finally got around to post some of my creations. This is my first try at a 16x32 modular. I could only figure out how to attach a single photo, but I hope it gives a general idea.

Its basically an old town house, but built without a specific goal in mind.

It has no interior apart from a staircase to the first floor.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Bregir

I host on Flickr and then link the images here. Your house looks like a great start - you should work on some furniture for the interior!

Hi Bregir, welcome to the site, I think that's a very solid modular build you introduced yourself with. The front facade is nicely detailed and pleasant to look at. The flowers at the window are a nice touch. However, I'm not so fond of your use of the brown log pieces. Their texture implies a wall of vertical wooden beams, which I think looks a bit odd with such a town house. I also think that the blue and yellow colors don't match that well with the rest, the colors lack a bit of cohesion imo.

But overall definitely a very nice build, especially considering it's your first MOC and you probably had a limited amount of bricks to chose from. Would be nice to see some more angles of it. You can upload more pictures to flickr or brickshelf (you need to create an account there first) and then link to them from your post. See here for a nice tutorial on this.

Edit: here is another tutorial on how to upload images to brickshelf.

Edited by BrickBox

I have removed your attached image from your first post and posted a copy of this image from C-T's account.

AwesomeTaylor and Brickbox have already given you some great information. I prefer to host my images on Flickr or Picasa. It's up to you in the end though. There is an Index of Tutorials right here in case the tutorials that BrickBox aren't quite what you're looking for.

Hi Bregir, welcome to the site, I think that's a very solid modular build you introduced yourself with. The front facade is nicely detailed and pleasant to look at. The flowers at the window are a nice touch. However, I'm not so fond of your use of the brown log pieces. Their texture implies a wall of vertical wooden beams, which I think looks a bit odd with such a town house. I also think that the blue and yellow colors don't match that well with the rest, the colors lack a bit of cohesion imo.

Thank you for your thoughts.

About the palisade pieces, I definitely see where you are coming from. It was mainly a test, and I find it does give a nice texture to the walls. I think I see the house as something really old that has been modernised on the inside and allowed to stand amongst the newer buildings, but vertical beams might not be the answer... :)

The blue for the windows - well - I am limited in my choice of windows, sadly, especially those of older types.

The yellow of the roof - well, I am thinking something like a guilding. (Not quiet the word I am looking for...) Some sort of ornament that also serves the purpose of form the top of the roof.

But as said above, its mainly an experiment :)

Bregir,

I changed your over-sized images to deep-links. If you want to post images on Eurobricks, member guidelines state that posted images are to be a maximum size of 800x600. Feel free to check out our Index of Tutorials if do not know how to down-size images.

Bregir,

I changed your over-sized images to deep-links. If you want to post images on Eurobricks, member guidelines state that posted images are to be a maximum size of 800x600. Feel free to check out our Index of Tutorials if do not know how to down-size images.

Oh, ok - so the pictures I link to should still be of a smaller size? Forgive me, I am new to this :)